OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:07 pm 
Old Man of the Post

us 679 part trois wrote:
Logical Progression wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:
E.L. wrote:
OK finally on board Mindhunter. Didn't even realize it was Fincher, and Zodiac is my favourite movie of his so this is right in my wheelhouse. Classic Fincher tension all over this one, and excellent music choices too. The scene with Zeppelin's In the Light was brilliant.
My wife and I just finished season 2. Absolutely love it! In the first episode of the first season, a couple of times we only watched the first 10 minutes and couldn't get into it. It was only because of so many people saying it was great and after getting through that first episode we were hooked.
This is precisely where I am at with it. Have watched the first couple of episodes and having trouble getting into it. Everyone raving about it but it's a lot of mediocre dialogue between those two FBI agents. Maybe should just stick with it.

We were the same, and by the third episode we were hooked and couldn't get enough!

S1 was excellent... S2 had me scratching my head (particularly regarding the gratuitous lesbian love-scene) and a little disappointed given the season finale, but I realized I was looking for the next episode. Now I wish this were at least into Season 3...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:45 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Oh good heavens...the latest (and possibly last, though I doubt it) Veronica Mars had one of the most soul-rending endings I've ever watched. No wonder the Marshmallows are in revolt.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:15 pm 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2492296/?r ... flmg_prd_3

Show Me a Hero. Like everything David Simon touches its excellent. All about municipal politics based on a real story of Yonkers NY in the late 80's early 90's when the town was forced by law to create public housing that was not segregated and the reaction of the white voters to having "those types of people" as their neighbors.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:51 am 

Holy shit, I haven't been this excited for a TV series in a good long while...

https://io9.gizmodo.com/picard-is-comin ... 1838807174

Another fantastic trailer, and this time Commander Riker and Counselor Troi show up.

The best part, to me, is that Picard has a Pit Bull following him around the Chateau Picard vineyards named "Number One." No doubt this is a big nod toward the advocacy efforts in real life Patrick Stewart and his wife have made on behalf of Pitties.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:38 pm 

Switced cable providers, new TV package and now have Star Trek Discovery. Half way through the first season and damn its good. Also watched a bunch of Wyona Earp, dumb show but still manages to be fun if you turn your brain off.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:54 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Switced cable providers, new TV package and now have Star Trek Discovery. Half way through the first season and damn its good. Also watched a bunch of Wyona Earp, dumb show but still manages to be fun if you turn your brain off.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on season 2 once you complete it. I found it enjoyable but at times I felt like the story got away from them more than a little.

Season 3 is going to be beyond crazy. I really have no idea what in hell they're going to do.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:15 am 

How 'bout that? I purchased a new iPhone recently, so apparently that means I get a free year of Apple TV. Definitely going to take advantage.

Watched the first episode of "The Morning Show" and...well, I wasn't thrilled with it. I'm told it gets better as it goes on. It wasn't terrible, but it didn't quite snag me either.

Definitely want to sit down and watch "See." Crazy-ass concept, and some people are really geeking out about it.

BTW, anyone watch the new "Watchmen" yet? I actually have access to HBO for the moment, but the movie adaptation of the comic left me kinda cold and this continuation looks intriguing but...hmmmm.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:27 am 

No Watchmen yet. I've grown to like watching series in batches so waiting for awhile. Recent views. True Detective Season 3, Show Me a Hero, Killing Eve. All excellent. Onto Chernobyl at the moment, very good so far.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:40 pm 
King of Men

Shooters! WTF!? How do I watch this "The Mandalorian" show? Oh boy.....looks like I have to subscribe to Disney Plus....yeah right that's not going to happen.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8111088/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32