OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: EXTINCT
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:38 pm 
Offline
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:13 pm
Posts: 10820
Location: Saskabush
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/jean-se ... -1.2743271

Quote:
Goaltender Jean-Sebastien Giguere is retiring after 16 NHL seasons in which he won 262 games, a Conn Smythe Trophy and a Stanley Cup championship.


Great career, J-S. Pour some beer out for the Whale tonight, OTP.

_________________
Injustice? Cobain died and Eddy Fucking Vedder lived to haunt us with his shitty fucking voice, trite lyrics and his Eddy Vedderness.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EXTINCT
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:16 pm 
Offline
King of Men
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:26 pm
Posts: 5983
Location: Left Field
ah yes.......the Gary Roberts trade of 97.......never a fan of that one........which later led to further partnering with the Whale and the addition of Hnat Dominchelli for Steve Chiasson!......ugh not a good year for the Flames!

During what I like to call the decade of great player mismanagement for the Flames (you too Marty) Giguere was only given 15 games in 1 season and 7 in another (over 4 years). Only god knows how he wasn't better than Brathwaite, Wregget, Tabarracci or Roloson.

He was rudely jettisoned to Anaheim in 2000 for a second round pick and a bag of pucks. 3 years later he was throwing up a force field and winning the Conn Smythe in a SCF appearance and then ultimately winning the cup in 2007.

Overall a fine career for the boy raised in Blainville. Hang em high!

_________________
The mountain of truth has many levels and everyone likes to think they are at the top.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EXTINCT
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:51 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 9949
Location: 'Real City
I guess we're not holding out hope for a Pronger comeback, eh?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EXTINCT
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:26 pm 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9469
Tabaracci...pretty much the exact opposite of Giguere. Pure angles and butterfly.

Great career, kind of flew under the radar in Anaheim until that 2003 playoff run. Fell off of a cliff in 2008-2009.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EXTINCT
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:33 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 9949
Location: 'Real City
Maybe a career in (French) broadcasting is in his future? I seem to remember him being a pretty funny/outspoken guy.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EXTINCT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:15 am 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 7031
E.L. wrote:
I guess we're not holding out hope for a Pronger comeback, eh?


The guy gets dizzy taking his kid for a skate around the rink. But yes, he's still under contract and not officially retired yet, so ex-Whalers might not be "playing", there is still one who pays NHLPA dues.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EXTINCT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:30 pm 
Offline
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:13 pm
Posts: 10820
Location: Saskabush
Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:
I guess we're not holding out hope for a Pronger comeback, eh?


The guy gets dizzy taking his kid for a skate around the rink. But yes, he's still under contract and not officially retired yet, so ex-Whalers might not be "playing", there is still one who pays NHLPA dues.

Which is what we all know counts, right? A Whalers fan can always go on Capgeek and see an ex-Whaler having an active page there, so they're still alive!

_________________
Injustice? Cobain died and Eddy Fucking Vedder lived to haunt us with his shitty fucking voice, trite lyrics and his Eddy Vedderness.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EXTINCT
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:20 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 7031
saskhab wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:
I guess we're not holding out hope for a Pronger comeback, eh?


The guy gets dizzy taking his kid for a skate around the rink. But yes, he's still under contract and not officially retired yet, so ex-Whalers might not be "playing", there is still one who pays NHLPA dues.

Which is what we all know counts, right? A Whalers fan can always go on Capgeek and see an ex-Whaler having an active page there, so they're still alive!


Critically endangered, not extinct.

And give me some points for being extra careful in my wording. I almost wrote that there was one still drawing an NHL paycheck, which would have caused one of you to tell me Shanahan isn't playing, so he doesn't count. So spot me a little board cred here!

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EXTINCT
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:31 pm 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9469
This is the logo for Queen of Heaven Catholic Elementary School in Milton.

Image

That school is two blocks from house.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EXTINCT
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:28 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 20513
He's been out of the NHL for a while now, but surprised to hear Martin Rucinsky just days ago announced his retirement from pro hockey at the age of 44.

http://www.thescore.com/news/795729

Apparently he was the last active player from the Quebec Nordiques days.

Thanks Marty. The Avs couldn't have gotten Patrick Roy without you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EXTINCT
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:10 am 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9469
Av-merican wrote:
He's been out of the NHL for a while now, but surprised to hear Martin Rucinsky just days ago announced his retirement from pro hockey at the age of 44.

http://www.thescore.com/news/795729

Apparently he was the last active player from the Quebec Nordiques days.


Hey, don't forget Forsberg's latest comeback attempt this season or next.

Av-merican wrote:
Thanks Marty. The Avs couldn't have gotten Patrick Roy without you.


Oh I'm sure that the Avs would have been able to come up with something else to make that trade without Rucinsky ;)

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EXTINCT
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:44 am 
Offline
Improvement on the US678 prototype
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 1122
Bosc wrote:
This is the logo for Queen of Heaven Catholic Elementary School in Milton.

Image

That school is two blocks from house.


Jeff, have you moved across town? That school is about three blocks from where I live.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EXTINCT
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:50 am 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9469
us 679 part trois wrote:
Jeff, have you moved across town? That school is about three blocks from where I live.


No, we're still in the same area near the small library. I don't even remember how I came across the logo.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EXTINCT
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:03 am 
Offline
Improvement on the US678 prototype
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 1122
Bosc wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:
Jeff, have you moved across town? That school is about three blocks from where I live.


No, we're still in the same area near the small library. I don't even remember how I came across the logo.


Oh ok, because you said you were two blocks away from the school and it is on Savoline.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EXTINCT
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:07 am 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9469
us 679 part trois wrote:
Oh ok, because you said you were two blocks away from the school and it is on Savoline.


That's weird...not sure where that came from. :lol:

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EXTINCT
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:18 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 9949
Location: 'Real City
http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey/hc ... tml#page=1

If you're wondering where Hartford fit in all the expansion talk.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group