OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Scuba thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:06 pm 
Tattoo of the Post

Pokecheque wrote:
First dive (two tanker) in three years and the first one was ROUGH. The guy gave us a refresher course in the pool, of course I've gained more than a fair bit of weight since my last dive and as a result my buoyancy was completely outta whack. Struggled to stay down and actually floated away (!!!) during the safety stop (thankfully we weren't deep enough to where a safety stop was really necessary else I'd have been in really deep shit). I've never, ever had that happen before. Divemaster was cool though and gave me a crapload more weight, so dive #2 was much, much smoother. I think this is my wake-up call...I really gotta lose weight in the next year or so.

Saw a decent amount down there: A ton of big puffers, an octopus, trumpetfish, some eels, and an eagle ray throwing rocks around. Viz was...okay. Our 2nd dive site was only a few hundred yards from where they filmed the Richard Burton picture "Night of the Iguana."

Been there, floated like hell during a safety hang too. :lol:
I have thought about getting back into diving, but all my equipment is so old it belongs in a museum, not the ocean. Can't get parts to service the regulators, etc. Spoke to a few old dive buddies and we've all come to that conclusion, and new gear is crazy expensive. So I guess I'll snorkel in my pool and consider that diving these days. :lol:

Glad to hear you got back under though!