OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:45 am 
OTP Historian

Have you all had any luck purchasing cell phone batteries? I bought one a while back for my aging Note 2 that said and looked like OEM but with a slightly different code, but it wasn't much of an improvement over the 4-year old OEM.

Bought a powerbear one for Anam's Galaxy S5. Hopefully an improvement since she's down to like a couple of hours of life on the original one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:31 pm 
OTP Historian

Bosc wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Had already purchased a 2-puck black display case from Amazon. Wanted a 2nd.

Purchased a 2-puck black display case temporarily out of stock on Amazon. 6 months pass and nothing. So they cancel the order. Even though the case is available from the company that makes them, as a 3rd party seller. Just way more expensive so I guess they can't get it at the listed price. So change the fucking price?

Purchased a 3-puck red display case. Then it goes temporarily out of stock. Arrives, one side is all busted. Return it. Then, it goes from temporarily out of stock to 1 in stock. So I buy it and say to Anam watch it be the same fucking busted one. We'll see what happens.

This happened with a bluetooth speaker I bought "certified refurbished" on Amazon......it had a strange buzz and I noticed one dude had commented on it in the reviews...I told him I got the same one and after that 2 more people commented they had received the buzzing one and returned it. Must have found some frequency deaf bloke to finally take it. That's Amazon QA right there....and why I don't buy anything "refurbished" from them anymore. Their partner site is WOOT and that place is a dumping ground for failed/defective products.

Yeah I'm generally wary of buying refurb.

It's coming from somewhere in PA rather than the amazon warehouse around here so that's a good sign at least.

It came and it wasn't busted up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:26 pm 
Big in Japan

Bought glasses on the internet, a company called Zenni. Dirt cheap, but I know so many people who use them and love their product. Got mine in the mail and they're tight: specifically the lenses are kinda big and the ear holder thingies are too straight, meaning they jam into my temples. Website recommends heating them in water or with a hair dryer and bending them till they fit. Lenses are nice, though.

Anyways, not sure they were worth the trouble.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:05 am 
Big in Japan

Rolled up to my Airbnb at 11 pm tonight. Covered in pubes and bugs. Place hadn't been cleaned in a while. On the phone with Airbnb and got my refund within the hour, but it also meant having to leave the place and finding another room to stay in. So not great.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:53 am 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Rolled up to my Airbnb at 11 pm tonight. Covered in pubes and bugs. Place hadn't been cleaned in a while. On the phone with Airbnb and got my refund within the hour, but it also meant having to leave the place and finding another room to stay in. So not great.

Fuuuck, that sucks dude.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:21 am 
Big in Japan

My Airbnb experience wasn't as bad as this one, but this gives a good idea of what's happened to the website: taken over by scammers and the company doesn't give a shit.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/43k7 ... -on-airbnb

I'm sure I'll have to use it again at some point, but if I have the option of taking a hotel, I will going forward.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7