OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:52 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ho ... story.html

$6.875 million AAV

I think they'll come to regret this one.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:36 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

So now they've got him for 8, Kane & Toews for 10. I'd hate to be a prospect in their system.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:46 am 

Chris18 wrote:
So now they've got him for 8, Kane & Toews for 10. I'd hate to be a prospect in their system.

Oh I dunno about that. Brandon Saad was once a prospect in their system. Got a Stanley Cup and followed it up with a hefty raise.

Of course, the raise came after he was traded.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:50 am 
Big in Japan

Looks like they'll have to keep mining the KHL for potential bargains for the next few years.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:22 am 

Av-merican wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Oh I dunno about that. Brandon Saad was once a prospect in their system. Got a Stanley Cup and followed it up with a hefty raise.

Yeah the Cup part is incredible, but then he was traded. There are going to be young guys they can't trade, and won't be able to afford to pay well for a long time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:17 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Yeah the Cup part is incredible, but then he was traded. There are going to be young guys they can't trade, and won't be able to afford to pay well for a long time.

Well, they're already at that point. If they could, they would've dealt Bickell for peanuts. I'm guessing they know Corey Crawford ain't quite worth what they're paying him, but I suppose everyone outside of Montreal overpays their goalies to a certain extent.

Guess it's just gonna continue to be the annual binge and purge of talent in Chicago. The last couple have been REALLY costly. A legit top-line talent (Saad) and legit top four D-man (Leddy).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:29 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Why wouldn't they be able to trade them?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:49 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Why wouldn't they be able to trade them?

Well they can, but that just means the kids are living under that much more uncertainty. But it also means being paid peanuts while they're in the organization.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:40 pm 

Healthy scratch tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:58 pm 
Big in Japan

Haven't seen a Hawks game in a while, but sounds like they're far removed from their dynasty days.

I would've kept Panarin, but whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:16 am 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Haven't seen a Hawks game in a while, but sounds like they're far removed from their dynasty days.

I would've kept Panarin, but whatever.

I feel like this team would have been better positioned had their asking price and stubborness on Patrick Sharp not been so fucking ludicrous.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:58 pm 
King of the One-Liner

To quote my one buddy on this. Wanna bet Hossa's skin rash is contagious.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:12 pm 
Big in Japan

Hounsy wrote:
To quote my one buddy on this. Wanna bet Hossa's skin rash is contagious.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:56 pm 

So it's been announced that Brent Seabrook, who was previously a healthy scratch, is undergoing not one, not two, but THREE SURGERIES (shoulder, both hips) that officially end this season, and possible next season as well.

But let's get real...he's done.

I just hate how shady this all looks. It sure looks like the Hawks sat Seabrook down and told him he was pretty much done and shut him down, convinced him to get surgeries to fix some lingering issues and possibly ready himself for retirement with the least amount of discomfort possible after playing around 1,400 NHL games, not counting international tournaments and what not. I just don't like how the guy went from "healthy scratch" to Frankenstein over the course of a week or so.

Also, Calvin de Haan undergoing his 193rd shoulder surgery, also done for the year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:20 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Pokecheque wrote:
So it's been announced that Brent Seabrook, who was previously a healthy scratch, is undergoing not one, not two, but THREE SURGERIES (shoulder, both hips) that officially end this season, and possible next season as well.

But let's get real...he's done.

I just hate how shady this all looks. It sure looks like the Hawks sat Seabrook down and told him he was pretty much done and shut him down, convinced him to get surgeries to fix some lingering issues and possibly ready himself for retirement with the least amount of discomfort possible after playing around 1,400 NHL games, not counting international tournaments and what not. I just don't like how the guy went from "healthy scratch" to Frankenstein over the course of a week or so.

Also, Calvin de Haan undergoing his 193rd shoulder surgery, also done for the year.
Cap circumvention v3.0.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:31 am 
Big in Japan

Shady as fuck.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:04 am 
Big in Japan

Seabrook officially calls it a career. 15 years, 3 cups.