OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:45 am 
King of the One-Liner

Just read the TSN top 300 points prediction and 2 of the Leafs top six projected scorers are coming to camp on PTO in Boyes and Glencross.

Maybe it's just me but I found that funny.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:26 am 
King of the One-Liner

Grabner has deadline potential for the Leafs with his one year remaining and three million hit and quality ice time available. Kinda see this trade as the Leafs moving out old management's middling prospects that may be close to going stale for the hope of using the contract spots and deadline deals to get a new batch of middling prospects next draft. Really could see the Leafs having a crap ton of picks in that 2nd -5th rounds next year if a bunch of these one year deals can perform well enough to have value.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:48 am 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Grabner has deadline potential for the Leafs with his one year remaining and three million hit and quality ice time available. Kinda see this trade as the Leafs moving out old management's middling prospects that may be close to going stale for the hope of using the contract spots and deadline deals to get a new batch of middling prospects next draft. Really could see the Leafs having a crap ton of picks in that 2nd -5th rounds next year if a bunch of these one year deals can perform well enough to have value.

Bingo, but I don't believe that ELCs in junior count towards the 50-contract limit? If that's the case then they are probably looking to deal for prospects a little more advanced than newly drafted picks. Probably some ex-Saskatoon Blades.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:15 am 
King of the One-Liner

Bosc wrote:
Hounsy wrote:

Bingo, but I don't believe that ELCs in junior count towards the 50-contract limit? If that's the case then they are probably looking to deal for prospects a little more advanced than newly drafted picks. Probably some ex-Saskatoon Blades.

I don't think any of those guys traded are still in junior anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:44 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Hounsy wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Hounsy wrote:

Nope. They are all heading to the Isles' AHL or ECHL affiliates.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:47 am 
King of the One-Liner

Chris18 wrote:
Hounsy wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Hounsy wrote:

I was talking CHL. Thought the AHL and ECHL guys count to the 50 man.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:50 am 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Hounsy wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Hounsy wrote:

That's what I meant. They are losing minors guys on the 50-man that they don't want, and might try to deal for guys that would count against it, rather than draft picks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:32 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Bosc wrote:
Hounsy wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Hounsy wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Hounsy wrote:

That's what I meant. They are losing minors guys on the 50-man that they don't want, and might try to deal for guys that would count against it, rather than draft picks.

Yep and specifically guys they may be able to convert into 2016 picks. They like the taste of what Santorelli and Winnik got them last year and want to try and replicate that model as they continue to rebuild this season.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:45 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I'm not including the quotes because it was getting too long.

But I, of course, was talking about the now-Isles prospects going to the ECHL or AHL. And yes, those are "pro" contracts and count toward the 50 (Isles now have 50 if anyone is counting, and the Leafs have 45). Junior players don't count.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:55 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Yep and specifically guys they may be able to convert into 2016 picks. They like the taste of what Santorelli and Winnik got them last year and want to try and replicate that model as they continue to rebuild this season.

Exactly what Detroit is doing with Dan Cleary!

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:31 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Hounsy wrote:
Leaf draft results.
105 - Dmytro Timashov LW/RW Quebec (QMJHL) 17 66 19 71 90

Some small talented guys in there. Guess they liked getting in on some falling Russian. 17 yr old with 90 pts at pick 105 seems crazy to me wonder what the problem is...

Kid looked great at WJR Tourney playing for Sweden and was scoring at a torrid pace in Quebec before that. Still not sure what the drop was for but good for the Leafs.

Oh and foolish me saying he was Russian, but look at that name can you blame me?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:04 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Hounsy wrote:
Oh and foolish me saying he was Russian, but look at that name can you blame me?

Jerk. Clearly Ukrainian.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:49 am 
King of the One-Liner

scratchham wrote:
Hounsy wrote:

Jerk. Clearly Ukrainian.

Aww man I was so close, maybe in a few more years I will be right so there is that..... :fffffuck: