OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:07 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Av-merican wrote:
To paraphrase E.L. as it pertained to the Avs, Messier is eventually going to take over the Rangers. May as well do it now.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/5 ... coach.html

Anyone think Gretzky deserves another chance in a front office/coaching role? I felt he was pretty disastrous in either role in Phoenix.

Janet would dig it- 2nd closest team to Atlantic City.
Paulina would dig it- closest team to Hunt's Point.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:51 pm 
OTP Historian

http://www.theonion.com/articles/john-t ... ami,32726/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:03 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Bosc wrote:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/john-tortorella-pacing-around-penn-station-screami,32726/

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:09 pm 

Ugh. Dreger reporting a possible Callahan-for-Stewart swap with St. Louis. That's terrible for the Rangers if they do it.

If I'm Lombardi I'm calling Slats RIGHT NOW. Frankly he has better players to offer up than that, and Cally would be a good fit in L.A. Great player, the only knock on him is his durability.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:56 pm 
OTP Historian

Av-merican wrote:
Ugh. Dreger reporting a possible Callahan-for-Stewart swap with St. Louis. That's terrible for the Rangers if they do it.

If I'm Lombardi I'm calling Slats RIGHT NOW. Frankly he has better players to offer up than that, and Cally would be a good fit in L.A. Great player, the only knock on him is his durability.

LA's problem is goal scoring, isn't it? Is Callahan the guy to address that need?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:04 pm 
OTP Clown

Bosc wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

LA's problem is goal scoring, isn't it? Is Callahan the guy to address that need?

No.

Rene Bork is the cure.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:10 pm 

Bosc wrote:

The thing is I haven't the foggiest idea why L.A. is struggling so mightily to score goals. Part of it is systemic, but even with them being a dump-and-chase team that emphasizes defense, they should still be scoring more goals. Callahan isn't a fancy sniper by any means, but the guy can score goals, and it's probably a shakeup that's needed more than anything else. Sometimes things just grow stale I guess. Rumors aplenty that it'll be Mike Cammalleri going back to L.A., soon as his noggin heals.

The Rangers should be doing everything possible to re-sign Cally as they suck balls whenever he's out of the lineup. If I were Slats, it'd be Nash I'd be shopping, not Callahan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:47 pm 
OTP Historian

Av-merican wrote:
Bosc wrote:

The thing is I haven't the foggiest idea why L.A. is struggling so mightily to score goals. Part of it is systemic, but even with them being a dump-and-chase team that emphasizes defense, they should still be scoring more goals. Callahan isn't a fancy sniper by any means, but the guy can score goals, and it's probably a shakeup that's needed more than anything else. Sometimes things just grow stale I guess. Rumors aplenty that it'll be Mike Cammalleri going back to L.A., soon as his noggin heals.

The Rangers should be doing everything possible to re-sign Cally as they suck balls whenever he's out of the lineup. If I were Slats, it'd be Nash I'd be shopping, not Callahan.

Cammalleri could be a great pickup if they need scoring, though I haven't look at his fancy stats.

Aren't they one of the best possession teams in the league? Are they a dump and chase team that just has amazing possession numbers?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:13 pm 

Please, please, please trade him out of the division. He's the heart & soul of the Rangers. I'd love to see him go, and go far away. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:03 pm 

Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m

Developing story, NYR grant permission to at least 1 team who has already talked with Callahan's agent. More on Sportscentre. #TSN

I can understand them not wanting to throw major $$$ at Callahan based on his spotty health record, but if they're holding back because they don't want to buy out Brad Richards, then they're idiots.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:08 pm 
Big in Japan

Callahan's scratched and clawed his way into the show, and brings it every night despite his small size and meagre skills. Guys like that do not age well.

As important as he is to the current Rangers, now would be the time to sell high.

Then again, they let Prust walk and are arguably still paying for it, depending on who you ask.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:51 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Bosc wrote:

Cammalleri could be a great pickup if they need scoring, though I haven't look at his fancy stats.

Aren't they one of the best possession teams in the league? Are they a dump and chase team that just has amazing possession numbers?

Cammalleri is about what you'd expect possession wise: great with good players, but not a good defensive player in his own right. But he's a really good player to have.

Dump and chase leads to less offensive opportunities, it doesn't mean you don't own the puck in total. The Kings play a low event game and dominate it. You can win like that, but I do think they probably are too safe and that actually hurts their chances of winning, partly causing their low offensive output.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:14 am 

You should read this Bosc.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/1/9/52 ... eally-good

Despite good possession stats they don't have a lot of zone entries as you'd expect them to. As Sask says they're probably a little too safe, too predictable.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:40 am 
OTP Historian

Boomer Esiason is a credible source for hockey news? Since when? Honestly?

Quote:
Callahan is reportedly seeking a seven-year deal worth $6.5-7 million annually from the Rangers. General manager Glen Sather hasn’t budged from five years at around $6 million annually, according to the New York Post.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/02/24/ ... raight-up/

Quote:
Callahan is reportedly seeking a seven-year deal worth $6.5-7 million annually from the Rangers. General manager Glen Sather hasn’t budged from five years at around $6 million annually, according to the New York Post.

Suggests Ryan Callahan straight up for Martin St. Louis. Marty with 1 year left on a bargain contract, still a top scorer, always healthy. Callahan an UFA looking like he's on the decline, gets hurt and is looking for a richer-than-David Clarkson contract. Yeah, ok :? :roll: Callahan might be about 10 years younger and I'm a huge St. Louis fan, but there is no way Tampa does that deal.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:38 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Boomer Esiason is a credible source for hockey news? Since when? Honestly?

His daughter is dating Matt Martin.

What that has to due with his credibility, I have no idea. :lol:
But I find it amusing that such a Ranger fan's daughter is dating an Islander. :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:16 pm 

Boomer's insights into hockey couldn't be any worse than his insights into football. I seriously have no idea how that man has risen to such prominence despite being an ignorant blowhard.

Wait...never mind.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:03 pm 

From Dreger:

Quote:
6 years, $5.5 per for Girardi staying with Rangers.

That's a good signing. I'm guessing Callahan is almost assuredly gonzo come deadline time though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:09 pm 

Cam Talbot's new goalie mask has an awesome Ghostbusters/Zuul theme:

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck ... 40225.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:06 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

Av-merican wrote:
Cam Talbot's new goalie mask has an awesome Ghostbusters/Zuul theme:

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck ... 40225.html

If I were a Ranger fan, I'd be hoping that Dana Murzyn would come out of retirement and sign a one-day contract, just to be able to use that line. You all know the one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:45 pm 

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/line ... rk-rangers

Not a terrible-looking lineup, so long as nothing goes wonky at Stepan's arbitration hearing.

Kinda funny they still have the guy the fancy stats crowd has deemed the worst player in the NHL in Tanner Glass. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next