OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:25 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Holik likes P.K.

http://holikonhockey.com/bobby-blog/pk-subban/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:49 pm 

Liked that post by Holik. I especially like his comments on a "proper" NHL player and what that meant for him, as an "off the boat" eastern European player.

Personally - I hope that PK and the Subban clan expands the notion of what it means to be a "proper" NHL player.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:08 am 

Well, this time PK, you kinda were a bastard.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:05 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

PK benched last night after taking a retaliatory penalty.

I'm not overly concerned about the situation right now... he's a young kid and the team went through something like this with Price, supported the talent and worked through the roadblocks to come out with a top notch core player. I just don't know how much I trust the situation: the coaches trying to change his behavior are temporary and won't be with the team next year, while the coaching staff has also alienated some former leadership figures in Cammalleri and possibly Gill (Plekanec I'm not sure about). Price and Cole spoke up in support, though, so I think my trust in the issue being dealt with properly and PK correcting these issues is more on the positive side of the ledger.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:12 pm 
OTP Clown

The TSN panel last night nailed it - saying basically what you have said. The twat Ward (i think) also gave a lot of credit to Randy L as being a great coach for someone like PK. PK came out and said that he's being coached and that he was open to it and that the only people who are making it hard are those in the media.

I think he'll be fine.

Though if we could trade him to Columbus or Edmonton for first overall...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:35 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Bah the Habs should be trading a bunch of guys for a quick re-tool, But Subban is not one of those guys even remotely and your rash and little crazy GM will not be making such a move.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:29 pm 

Stinky wrote:

I honestly don't think I'd even do that. Too much development time already put into PK. If I were Edmonton, I'd definitely pursue that trade option, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:35 pm 

saskhab wrote:
Stinky wrote:

I honestly don't think I'd even do that. Too much development time already put into PK. If I were Edmonton, I'd definitely pursue that trade option, though.

And miss out on the trifecta? No way. I want to see a true "lottery line" of Hall/RNH/Yaks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:39 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
saskhab wrote:
Stinky wrote:

And miss out on the trifecta? No way. I want to see a true "lottery line" of Hall/RNH/Yaks.

You've seen Edmonton's D, right? Can you imagine getting a guy back there that completes over 80% of his outlet passes springing them?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:01 pm 
Old Man of the Post

saskhab wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
saskhab wrote:
Stinky wrote:

You've seen Edmonton's D, right? Can you imagine getting a guy back there that completes over 80% of his outlet passes springing them?

I have to admit, that is what that team needs... Desperately.

So - uh - yeah. Do keep him please.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:07 pm 

saskhab wrote:

Yeah...Edmonton needs a defenseman, no doubt. I echo the old man's sentiment though, don't make that deal!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:15 pm 

http://www.boucherscouting.com/2012/01/ ... s.html?m=1

So not quite 'over 80', it was 76%. This guy breaks down everything. Basically, PK is both the most involved and most successful skater for the Canadiens. He does way more right than most players, though he needs to improve in puck battles where he's just average.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:26 pm 

Surprised I've not heard any commentary on the report that PK and Desharnais got into it in practice recently, making him the 4th teammate Subban has rubbed the wrong way in practice. I get that the kid plays as intense in practice as he does in games, but something's up when a guy gets into fights with four separate teammates in a single season.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:50 am 

Anyone see this? P.K. responds to internet commenters:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/75983 ... n-magazine

Might as well. Nothing else happening this year for the team. But P.K.'s understanding of the game really shines through here. He's a hockey genius.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:16 am 
Old Man of the Post

I don't get what the fuss is all about. The kid can play and sounds pretty damned smart. He seems to understand his role very well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:16 pm 
Big in Japan

Local comedian Sugar Sammy had some great bits about PK yesterday:

"I love how for the first two years were here, everyone was afraid to admit he was black. 'beh, i'y'a un bon shot, y patine bien...uhhhh...c'est tout'"

"You know how they say black people dance differently than white people? Same with skating. PK's like James Brown out there."

and this one...

"I have nothing against Scott Gomez. He's the first Latino to ever get paid before the job is done."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:10 am 

PK up to 9 goals on the year, 2 ahead of Bryan Campbell.

Therrien seems to be employing a constant hardass approach with him. He's either doing this on purpose because he thinks Subban responds to it or it's an ego thing, but whatever it is, it's working right now.

I think I need to find ways in which I can collect royalties if Subban wins the Norris.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:14 am 

NORRIS A COMIN BITCHES. :clint:

Even the Don basically agrees by invoking the name of Number Fowah when talking PK:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:23 pm 

saskhab wrote:
NORRIS A COMIN BITCHES. :clint:

Even the Don basically agrees by invoking the name of Number Fowah when talking PK:

Hope so, will especially enjoy his $9 mil a year contract come next negotiations. In the meantime enjoy, he is something very special and the Habs scouting deserves a lot of credit for being able to find great talent after the 1st round.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:40 pm 
OTP Clown

BEAVER SHOT!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next