OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:51 pm 
Once again -
Positives/negatives, please provide your feedback.

I needed new running shoes & with my out-of-whack feet, have to be very selective of what I buy.

While I was inclined to support local business (where I bought my Asic Gel Evolution II's 2 yrs prior), I was able to order online w/o tax & $15.00 under retail.

Free shipping & free returns. I selected expedited shipping for $7.00 extra & they arrived at my door within 36 hours.

http://www.zappos.com/ Gets the full, 5 :wookie: :wookie: :wookie: :wookie: :wookie: rating.

Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:22 am 
Site Admin

I order from Zappos all the time now. Love them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:32 pm 
Neck?

If I ever see the Maytag man I am going to punch him in the face.

In my previous house the budget was tight so we had GE-Hotpoint appliances.
Never had an issue the five years we were in that house (all purhcased new).
Three years ago we built our new house and decided to go with so called upgraded appliances.
Our Maytag fridge is a piece of shit-the freezer has a damn cooler circular thing in the back that if blocked will not adequately freeze items and the fridge for no apparent reason will freeze some items left on the bottom shelf.
Our Maytag stove handle busted off (due to our three year old but it was flimsy as all get out) and yesterday the damn pilot for the oven would't light (discovered during dinner prep). Today the fing thing works fine.

:chairshot:

I want an emoticon that has punching someone in the face dammit!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:40 pm 
My stove, fridge & dishwasher are all Hotpoint.

15 yrs old & still running strong.

:wookie:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:40 pm 
Illegitimate Luongo Child

Chuck wrote:

i was looking at them, how do you get sizing to fit and stuff? do you just return it if its wrong?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:03 pm 
Old Man of the Post

BLUE wrote:

In my previous house the budget was tight so we had GE-Hotpoint appliances.
Never had an issue the five years we were in that house (all purhcased new).
Three years ago we built our new house and decided to go with so called upgraded appliances.
Our Maytag fridge is a piece of shit-the freezer has a damn cooler circular thing in the back that if blocked will not adequately freeze items and the fridge for no apparent reason will freeze some items left on the bottom shelf.
Our Maytag stove handle busted off (due to our three year old but it was flimsy as all get out) and yesterday the damn pilot for the oven would't light (discovered during dinner prep). Today the fing thing works fine.

:chairshot:

I want an emoticon that has punching someone in the face dammit!

The "lonely Maytag repairman" is a marketing crock of shit; they outsource their service to local repairmen anyway. Their products have been terrible over the last ten years. We bot into that hype eight years ago when we selected the Neptune washer and dryer. I think Maytag was finally bot by Whirlpool and I think their quality has improved. The washer door was recalled; and it kept frying its motherboardvery year or so. We finally replaced it after less than eight years of service with an LG line.

The Neptune dryer still works and now I'm trying to fob it off on someone - anyone.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:32 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

BLUE wrote:

Just because he molested Dudley on Diff'rent Strokes?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:28 pm 
OTP Historian

Received my first spam call on my phone after having it for 2+ years(other than calls from my bank and Rogers, which is expected anyways). My girlfriend heard about the Do-Not-Call list and registered me. I heard about it and wasn't going to register because I had never had a problem with telemarketers/phone spam, and I had some concerns about being on the list and getting calls from companies just going ahead and using the list. So, after 2+ years of no calls, I get an automated spam call a month after being added to the list. Coincidence? :chris18:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:51 pm 
Big in Japan

Trust me when I tell you the no-call list is a sham. The Feds and regulators gave into pressure from charities and pollsters and made the criteria for being a no-call organization so lax that any smart company can get around the guidelines. I know a lot of telemarketers and they were jumping for joy when the no-call guidelines came out - if that's any indication.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:05 pm 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Trust me when I tell you the no-call list is a sham. The Feds and regulators gave into pressure from charities and pollsters and made the criteria for being a no-call organization so lax that any smart company can get around the guidelines. I know a lot of telemarketers and they were jumping for joy when the no-call guidelines came out - if that's any indication.

Oh I definitely had my doubts about it, which was why I didn't want to join the list because I hadn't received calls before. My girlfriend's heart was in the right place, I just wished she had asked me first :x

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:39 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

BoscUlrichIII wrote:
Received my first spam call on my phone after having it for 2+ years(other than calls from my bank and Rogers, which is expected anyways). My girlfriend heard about the Do-Not-Call list and registered me. I heard about it and wasn't going to register because I had never had a problem with telemarketers/phone spam, and I had some concerns about being on the list and getting calls from companies just going ahead and using the list. So, after 2+ years of no calls, I get an automated spam call a month after being added to the list. Coincidence? :chris18:

I've heard similar complaints. I registered, and then two days later I de-registered for this reason. I really hope that it doesn't take "30 days to remove my name" or that people have written it down in the meantime, or whatever the hell.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:42 am 
King of Men

Hey DAV! Stop calling me. Lose my number and F**k off!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:47 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

harmfuljays wrote:
Hey DAV! Stop calling me. Lose my number and F**k off!

Careful, years ago my dad was sold some stuff by a group identifying themselves as the DAV...turns out they had nothing to do with disabled veterans. If they're doing anything other than asking for you to leave unwanted items at the curb, they're probably not legit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:38 pm 
Master of 'Bait

E.L. wrote:

This site helps to close some of the loopholes for charities and banks etc...
http://ioptout.ca/

I got a couple of calls the first week, but none since. If they bug you after the 31 days or whatever, you can report them and they get a fine.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:55 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

I haven't been called in the past couple of days (which is after the 31 day period), so we'll see. I was getting plenty of strange phone calls for a while and so I figured it couldn't be any worse if I put my name on the list. I don't mind when charities and pollsters call me. Well, that's not true, I kind of mind, but if the telemarketers were theoretically dropped, I'd mind a lot less.

I'll probably be living on my own in a couple months anyways. When that happens, I'll probably just have a cell phone and drop the land line phone altogether.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:31 pm 
Master of 'Bait

saskhab wrote:
I'll probably be living on my own in a couple months anyways. When that happens, I'll probably just have a cell phone and drop the land line phone altogether.

I haven't had a landline in 3 years now, and I definitely don't miss it. It's cheap(er) and when you're at home, you are likely to have your cell with you anyways. However, it doesn't really do too much to curtail the random phone calls. After a while, natural telephone number distribution (ever signed up for a contest? store loyalty/points card?) gets that number out to a point where the calls start again.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

MrBumpNgrind wrote:
Chuck wrote:

i was looking at them, how do you get sizing to fit and stuff? do you just return it if its wrong?

Pretty much. I know my size and I tend to stick to similar brands so I never had a problem. Check out their return policy though, it looks awesome but I haven't had to use it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:59 am 
King of Men

Well I suppose I will tip my hat to myself and to Abra Autobody for finally pulling through.

As you may recall I decided that running into my moving crate while dodging a young female vatos was a good idea in May.

I took it to Abra Autobody who promptly fixed it. While fixing this they broke my back window and had to special order it. The service manager assured me that I would not be charged for the additional week's rental on the rental car. Well...don't you know that I was charged the additional week.....I called the service manager and the rental company several times without resolution.

So I finally opened a BBB report. They closed it with resolution that they sent a check for the rental to my rental! Well 3 months later I still haven't received it. They say they sent it but I highly doubt it since all of my mail gets forwarded. So I followed back up and they finally sent me my check for $84.08.

I certainly had to work for it but it was the principal of the situation.

So hats off to me for my persistence and Abra Autobody for actually......finally doing what they said they would do.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:29 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Never order from HomeDecorators.com Home Depot's furniture company. Stupid fucks left part of the order in the warehouse before shipping and kept telling us to check with another family member to see if the missing piece was here somewhere. I told them I thought the infant might be hiding the 2'X3' mirror behind the bassinet, and they said problem solved. :chairshot:

Took over 2 months to get it. Furniture is 1/2 step above Ikea- for 3X the price. Got a partial rebate, but fuck them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:50 am 
Loves The Cock

yeah i go with a cell phone alone, not only do i save on no land line but because of work my cell a complete write off as a business expense. and i've never had a spam call.

saw a story on the news recently about how putting yourself on the list, in Canada anyway, actually makes things worse because all the telemarketers have access to it, or something like that...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next