OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:44 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Also, sorry you guys got stuck with Chris Lee yesterday.

I wasn't aware he really was that bad. I never pay attention to ref names and with helmets they all look the same for the most part. Now I wonder how many times I've yelled at him on TV without realizing it was him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:48 am 

11 hours to go. I'm not nervous. Are you nervous? I just keep checking every hockey site I know to see if anyone somehow posted the score yet. But I'm not nervous or obsessed with this game. Not at all. It's just the biggest game for the Isles in almost 40 years, but hey, who's paying attention to that? Everyone in the hockey world? You don't say.

Cooper says his team "knows how to win" and can turn it on. That's either real confidence or supreme arrogance. Only the outcome of the game will tell.

Earthquake? Nope. Just my feet tapping.
Stress eating? Not anymore, because there's nothing left. How about ordering a pizza or 6?
Productivity? If you count reading hockey sites, blogs, predictions, odds, forums, Twitter, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:09 am 
OTP Clown

Good luck.

We're waiting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:22 am 

Stinky wrote:
Good luck.

We're waiting.

So happy for the OTP Habs fans! :mulletbutch:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:55 am 
Big in Japan

C'mon Isles get er done!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:14 pm 
OTP Historian

Stinky wrote:
Good luck.

We're waiting.

:beer:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:32 pm 
King of Men

Sorry Chris! Varly had a great showing keeping them in it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:09 am 
Big in Japan

Ah fuck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:41 am 

I never really thought the Isles would beat Tampa. It still sucks to lose to them again, especially after the Isles gave me real hope in Game 6. Hope, but not confidence.

The PP has been an issue for a few years. Losing Game 7 1-0 on a shorthanded goal makes it especially suck, but that's hockey. Don't pay attention to a change and the fresh legs coming on could be wide fucking open in your slot. Hell of a pass to get it to Gourde and a perfect shot by him.

Puck was going towards a wide open Barzal with like 6 minutes to go and he was in motion to one time it. Hockey Gods just said "nope" and the puck bounced again, right over his stick.

As much as I'd prefer the Isles lose to the eventual champs, I really hate the Lightning. Cooper is such a smug little dick.

2020- whoever wins the Covid Cup should have an * next to their name.
2021- if the Lightning win they should have a $ next to their name. GO HABS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:40 am 
OTP Clown

I wish Long Island won.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:10 am 

Stinky wrote:
I wish Long Island won.

Me too. It would have been fun on here with me vs you guys. :lol:

I hope the Habs win it! I should probably cheer for Tampa so at least the Isles would have lost to the champs, but man, I really hate those fucks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:04 am 

I was looking forward to the two last 'true' dynasties facing off in the last year of Nassau Coliseum

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:32 pm 

BCG wrote:
I was looking forward to the two last 'true' dynasties facing off in the last year of Nassau Coliseum

Me too! The Cup Finals there would have been insane, as opposed to Tampa where they have to give fans "noise makers". Which they subsequently threw all over the ice, similar to those "classless" fans on Long Island who ignore player safety... :lol: Funny how good ol' Eddie O didn't have shit to say about the Tampa fans throwing those.

But at least the last 2 games at the Coliseum* were awesome wins with great endings. The Pulock save and the Beauvillier goal will hopefully be building blocks towards next year.

*And I put the asterisk because who knows if UBS Arena will be open by Oct. I tend to doubt it given where they are now, and how short building supplies are.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:22 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I wanted the Isles to win if for no other reason we'd see a team lift the Cup that hadn't for a very long time.

I don't think they have to make a ton of changes. They'll have Lee back next season so that's a huge (re)addition by itself. Apart from that--they really just need that extra weapon, just another goal. They came up just one short in their final game. Is that guy Wahlstrom? I don't know, but the good news is that they're close. Not sure what cap issues they got but they probably don't need to make another Toews-level trade in order to stay compliant.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:56 pm 
OTP Historian

Dammit Chris, sorry man :x :x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:13 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
I wanted the Isles to win if for no other reason we'd see a team lift the Cup that hadn't for a very long time.

I don't think they have to make a ton of changes. They'll have Lee back next season so that's a huge (re)addition by itself. Apart from that--they really just need that extra weapon, just another goal. They came up just one short in their final game. Is that guy Wahlstrom? I don't know, but the good news is that they're close. Not sure what cap issues they got but they probably don't need to make another Toews-level trade in order to stay compliant.

Wahlstrom is good and fans are PISSED at Trotz for keeping either Zajac or Komarov in over him after he healed from his injury in the Pens series. Apparently both those guys were kept in because Pageau had some serious injury that he was nursing and will need surgery, so I think Trotz wanted both of those guys, who are good on faceoffs and pretty good defensively, to be available should Pageau have to leave a game. He was definitely not as good on faceoffs as he usually is. I expect Wahlstrom to play a much bigger role next year. Trotz is also hesitant to use kids when he has vets. Another thing fans complain about.

Bosc wrote:
Dammit Chris, sorry man :x :x

Thanks. Next year... Hopefully.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:25 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Sorry, Chris. Having been there I know how much it hurts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:23 am 

RW wrote:
Sorry, Chris. Having been there I know how much it hurts.

I didn't really think they would win (until they won Game 6) so it isn't as bad as it could be. If I expected them to win, I'd be devastated.

If they start next year with the tenacity they finished this year, I may expect them to make the SCF, and then anything less will sting a lot. But even with that, you never know how you'll match up with a specific opponent, or run into a hot goalie who just stymies you all series long and knock out a better overall team... Shit happens. So I'll try to keep the lowered expectations of "I just hope they make the playoffs" like I've had for about 35 years now. :lol: Even though people should have higher expectations for a team that's made the Conference Final 2 years in a row. Hope for the best but expect the worst- the Islanders fan motto.