OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:31 pm 
Big in Japan

Andrew Cuomo is opening up New York arenas and stadiums to 10% capacity. Fun, maybe?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:20 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Andrew Cuomo is opening up New York arenas and stadiums to 10% capacity. Fun, maybe?

Full season ticket holders are the only people who can go as of now, from what I understand. And on a rotating basis. So you go to like every 5th game or whatever it turns out to be.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:04 am 

Back and forth, entertaining game with Barzal giving the Isles the 3-2 lead with like 6:15 to play. Then Malkin ties it with a screened 1-timer with 18 seconds to go and the Isles can't solve de Smith in the Bettman event. Crosby scores the lone SO goal. Bad outcome after a good game.

I'm sure that somewhere I can find the actual percentage, but it sure feels like at least 65% of all the Stretch Armstrong Eastern Division games are 3 pointers.

Bruins on Saturday. Isles are the only team to have beaten the Bruins in regulation and that was 1-0, before they had Pasta back.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:16 pm 

Uncle Leo waived again today, but in the lineup. He had 2 assists, the 2nd a beauty of a pass to spring Pageau for a SH insurance goal. Isles hand the Bruins their 2nd regulation defeat of the season. The other reg loss? To the Isles.

Barzal with a PP goal. Their PP has looked a lot better since the practice days due to postponed games. Lots more movement.

Isles/Sabres on Monday.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:05 am 

Just saw that yesterday's win was Lou's 1300th as a GM and he's third all time in the category. The New York Islanders have the third winningest GM and third winningest coach in NHL history. Holy flaming shit balls.

And fans still go on the hindernet to bitch about who is in the lineup each night, contracts, etc. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:19 am 

Ho-Sang catches on with another SEL team, Linkoping.

Isles-Sabres start a back to back tonight. Sorokin should play one of these games.

I just realized the Isles and Sabres play 6 times in the next 3 weeks, since their previous back to back got postponed. This should breed some nice animosity.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:45 pm 

Isles beat rusty Sabres 3-1. Bailey with 2 assists after fans had been calling for his head, 1 game after the same happened with Komarov.

Isles held the Sabres to zero shots in the third period. Zero. Zip. Nada. The donut.
Lee hit the post of the empty net.

Same teams tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:40 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Long-ass layoff or not...zero shots? Oof.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:13 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
Long-ass layoff or not...zero shots? Oof.

Yeah. They had one really good scoring chance and hit the post, so no shot.

Last night's game was pretty similar. Lee and Pageau both scored in the first period (same as night before). Buffalo scored in the third but Eichel was like 3' offside after making a lateral pass at the blueline and Trotz challenged. Review took like 30 seconds and preserved Sorokin's first win being a shutout. I missed his post-game interview but I'm sure it will be available today. People are saying it was great to see how happy and excited he was, about both the win and remembering some English words. Dude started learning English after he came here last summer.

Barzal's point streak came to an end at 9 games. If they existed he'd have had a tertiary assist on Lee's goal, but if those existed points totals and streaks would be insane. :lol: Fans are bitching that Trotz wouldn't put Barzal on when Buffalo's net was empty so he could get a point. Trotz never uses Barzal in high leverage, defensive spots and preaches that the team is more important than player stats. This all falls in line with it.

Penguins next, and 3 of the next 4. Then Sabres again. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:15 am 

4-1 loss to the Pens. Brutally boring game. Isles couldn't get anything going. All passes were off, timing was off, just terrible. Nelson with a giveaway by the Isles net that Crosby tipped in. Bellows watched... someone go right by on a goal. Trotz uncharacteristically called him out after the game. Said "He's been in every meeting, every practice so there's no excuses. I won't make any excuses for Kieffer and he won't make any for himself. Dal Colle went in and did a really good job. Wally went in, he's done a really good job. That was Kieffer's opportunity." So I wouldn't expect to see him anytime soon. Dal Colle has played well defensively and is good on the forecheck. He hasn't scored for shit, but at least he does other stuff right.

Matheson, who the Isles aren't exactly a fan of to begin with after the Boychuk hit in the playoffs, boarded Barzal in the third. Martin tried to get him to go but Matheson turtled. Lee then high sticked Matheson in the face, taking a dumb penalty. They play again Saturday, so maybe Trotz will put Johnston in for Bellows. Not that Matheson would fight Johnston if he won't fight Martin.

Isles lone goal was Nelson on the PP. At least he got one back after he gave one away. Clutterbuck thought he scored on a SH break with Pageau but it hit the crossbar and bounced out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:16 pm 

I missed the game tonight. Glad I did. Watching them blow another lead to the Pens would be annoying. 2-1 lead in the third and lose 3-2 in regulation. Booooo!

Sabres on Monday.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:27 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
I missed the game tonight. Glad I did. Watching them blow another lead to the Pens would be annoying. 2-1 lead in the third and lose 3-2 in regulation. Booooo!

Sabres on Monday.

Well, if ever there was a team to end a losing streak...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:43 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Sabres on Monday.

Well, if ever there was a team to end a losing streak...

Too lazy to post the meme but if I did it would be "It's a traaaaaaap!"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:24 pm 
Big in Japan

It's tight in the Nathan's Hot Dog East Metro Division. Honestly haven't been able to see much of it in action, I'm in a Canadian hockey quarantine.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:54 pm 

Nice win vs the Sabres. 3-2.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:21 am 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:

This is one way to stop Barzal haha

https://twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status ... 17162?s=19

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:20 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

This is one way to stop Barzal haha

https://twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status ... 17162?s=19

:lol: Yeah, that'll do it. But he keeps taking so many fucking penalties that he's stopping himself. He leads the team with 26 PIM. Ross Johnston is next with 18 and I believe he was given an 10 minute misconduct. Last night he tripped Eichel and yelled that he was going for the puck. Well Mat, you didn't GET the puck. Nothing but skate.

Bruins on Thursday. Isles have beaten them twice in regulation. I expect that streak to end.

They have to start getting Sorokin in more often. I know they've been fortunate enough to have some breaks between games and get Varlamov plenty of rest that way, but the season is going to tighten up down the road and he'll be needed. He'd better be seasoned enough to handle it well.

Trotz praised Wahlstrom after last night's game. Said he's doing all the right things and getting smarter. That's a stark contrast to ripping Bellows last week. Trotz also said Czarnik is great to have on the taxi squad, since he's just as comfortable at center as either wing. When he plays he's on the PP, which I find really weird. Usually only your top regulars are on the PP.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:43 am 

Isles put up a touchdown against the Bruins. Game was 2-2 going into the third then the Isles put 5 past old friend Halak. He broke his stick on the post after the 5th and the game was delayed while the ice crew came out to clean up the splinters. 7 different goal scorers. 8 if you include Martin with the beauty of a deflection past Varlamov for the Bruins 2nd goal. :lol: Lee hit McAvoy with a huge but clean hit. I was still at practice but Mrs. 18 told me "McAvoy skated head on into a bus. It didn't go well for him." Eberle with some amazing hands on his goal. Pageau with some speed on his, hitting 23 MPH, although that may have partially been due to the Uncle Leo speed boost, aka putting your stick on your teammate's ass and pushing. :lol: WTF was he thinking?

Pens up next for 2. Hopefully the boring Islanders continue this scoring.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:46 am 

Isles called up Skarek from Bridgeport and removed Schneider from the roster. They say it's for family reasons from Schneider. Shrug.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:06 pm 

Read that Schneider's leave is because his 14 year old nephew died in a house fire. :cry: Horrible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next