OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: This fucking team...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:45 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
Seems a bit of a waste to have someone as talented as Mete sitting in the press box.

Up front that team looks pretty solid. On the back end...still lacking a real impact guy. I feel like Edmundson was really unnecessary but I guess Bergevin had his sights set on the guy.

He's doing his coach a solid by giving him the defence he wants: size first with decent mobility and first pass out types. CJ doesn't believe in defencemen carrying the puck and will seemingly die on that hill. Which is where Mete comes in, unfortunately: carrying the puck through the neutral zone is far and away his best talent, but he doesn't create enough offence off the rush and has trouble in his own end. I feel on another team he could be the poor man's Samuel Girard, but here he's just a guy the coach doesn't trust.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:41 am 
Big in Japan

The Habs lost director and chief of amateur scouting Shane Churla to Bill Zito's new staff in Florida. A little surprised by this.

Not my favourite, felt his picks from the WHL were low on upside. But it's a big name to leave.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:10 pm 
Big in Japan

Kotkaniemi's tour in Finland is over: Assat Pori sent him back to Montreal. The reason is supposedly if the NHL wants to play in January, Kk needed to leave now in order to quarantine and be ready for camp.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:40 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I would like to call shenanigans on this thread. You can't have an OTP famous thread called "Fuck this Team" and then start another called "This fucking team...". Merge these motherfuckers! It's only right.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:50 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
I would like to call shenanigans on this thread. You can't have an OTP famous thread called "Fuck this Team" and then start another called "This fucking team...". Merge these motherfuckers! It's only right.

Don't listen to the Fishsticks lover--he's foggy on the versatility of the word "fuck."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:07 pm 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:

The switch was meant to convey our newfound cautious optimism in the team's direction!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:38 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Don't listen to the Fishsticks lover--he's foggy on the versatility of the word "fuck."

Fuck you motherfucker! I work in the word fuck like other artists work in clay or paints. My posts are pretty tame but my language in person is a lot more colorful.

And here's an idea, why don't you fry a fishstick and then shove it up your ass while it's nice and fucking hot! Then later on, you can shove a frozen one up there to cool the area.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:29 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
Fuck you motherfucker! I work in the word fuck like other artists work in clay or paints. My posts are pretty tame but my language in person is a lot more colorful.

And here's an idea, why don't you fry a fishstick and then shove it up your ass while it's nice and fucking hot! Then later on, you can shove a frozen one up there to cool the area.

Attachments:
Fishsticks Troll.png
Fishsticks Troll.png [ 43.91 KiB | Viewed 4799 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:33 pm 
OTP Clown

Chris18 wrote:

I will do this the next time I jerk off.

Pics?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:18 pm 

Stinky wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

I will do this the next time I jerk off.

Pics?

Do you schedule that?

I'd prefer video of your facial expression during it. No actual HC action.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:44 pm 
Big in Japan

Assuming everything goes down as planned, the Habs will play in the Canadian Division once play resumes. Their record against the other Canadian teams over the last three seasons: 28-11-8

There are rumours that Bergevin is still looking to add as well. I'm sure he sees an advantageous placement in a chaotic COVID year, not a bad lot for a team with Price and Allen in nets.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:56 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

E.L. wrote:
Assuming everything goes down as planned, the Habs will play in the Canadian Division once play resumes. Their record against the other Canadian teams over the last three seasons: 28-11-8

There are rumours that Bergevin is still looking to add as well. I'm sure he sees an advantageous placement in a chaotic COVID year, not a bad lot for a team with Price and Allen in nets.
Habs = SCF 2021. You heard it here first folks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:15 pm 
Big in Japan

Logical Progression wrote:
E.L. wrote:

:zoid: :zoid: :zoid: :zoid: :zoid:

Habs add Frolik to the championship mix

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:43 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

E.L. wrote:
Logical Progression wrote:
E.L. wrote:

:zoid: :zoid: :zoid: :zoid: :zoid:

Habs add Frolik to the championship mix
As well as Corey frickin' Perry. Talk about a deep playoff run move.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:15 pm 
Big in Japan

Bergevin is building two teams right now: the main Habs and a veteran taxi squad.

Not sure how he'll fit everyone in, but I dig it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:13 pm 
Big in Japan

Bergy press conference today. Didn't say much except everyone's healthy and everyone will be there.

He explained how the big roster will work: basically they're over the cap and won't have a 23 man roster, but as the season progresses guys will get hurt/sent down and eventually they'll become cap compliant without ever having gone over.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:33 pm 
Big in Japan

Best shape of our lives edition from Arpon:

Some Canadiens forwards new weights and measures (before/after):
Nick Suzuki: 5-11, 201 / 5-11, 208
Jesperi Kotkaniemi: 6-2, 198 / 6-2, 201
Josh Anderson: 6-2, 222 / 6-2, 226
Jonathan Drouin: 6-0, 197 / 5-11, 201 (shorter AND heavier!)
Ryan Poehling: 6-2, 204 / 6-2, 197

Ben Chiarot: 6-3, 225 / 6-3, 234 (!)
Alexander Romanov: 5-11, 185 / 6-0, 208
Jeff Petry: 6-3, 201 / 6-3, 208
Joel Edmundson: 6-4, 215 / 6-4, 227
Shea Weber: 6-4, 230 / 6-4, 229

Big boys on defence

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:45 pm 
Big in Japan

It's a short camp, but everyone looks good except for Edmundson, who's having trouble with the speed. It was the same for Chiarot and Alzner too, one figured it out, one didn't.

Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Romanov are dropping Harlem Globetrotters moves out there.

Anderson can shoot while skating a high speeds, making him a dangerous piece.

Byron is healthy and zipping around again. Team is always better when he's on.

Evans has more upside than he showed. Locked up the 4C job with Poehling likely needing more seasoning.

Kulak-Romanov is a third pairing I can get behind.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:30 pm 
Big in Japan

Bunch of guys sent through waivers, most notably Jordan Weal. Sending him down clears 1M from the books.

Former first founder Noah Juulsen also on waivers. Looked like a smooth skating future top 4 in a quick audition before he suffered a career derailing orbital bone injury. He needs reps after basically missing two years, so the Habs are counting on other teams to not want to keep him on their big squads. Juulsen has been leapfrogged by a few guys on the depth chart like Romanov and Fleury, but the potential remains. If Petry or Weber were to go down long-term, I feel he's the one guy, if healthy, who could come in and play a serviceable 22 mins a night.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:39 pm 
Big in Japan

Noah Juulsen claimed on waivers by Florida. Damn.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60  Next