OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:12 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Fights over beer money? SWEET!!!!! That's exactly what the Sound Tigers need. A guy with his priorities straight! :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:27 pm 
Big in Japan

Unexpected move: Toews to COL for 2 2nds.

Cap ain't fun.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:59 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Unexpected move: Toews to COL for 2 2nds.

Cap ain't fun.

Nope. I like him and wish him the best out in Col. Fucking stagnant cap... Rumors are floating like crazy of course. He wanted way too much money. They're about to use those picks to help dump Boychuk and/or Ladd. Dobson is a shoe-in for the top 4 next year. Greene will be brought back. Barzal and Pulock are about to get huge offers before they get offer sheets, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:09 pm 

Isles signed Corey Schneider to a 1 year, $700k contract with the intention of him going to Bridgeport. Gives them a veteran in the AHL and some backup if Varlamov or Sorokin get hurt or something.

No word at all on Pulock or Barzal negotiations.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:10 am 

At this point I’m so bored with this offseason I just want Lou to do something. Anything. I feel like that guy yelling SHOOOOOOOOOT at the powerplay.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:25 am 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
At this point I’m so bored with this offseason I just want Lou to do something. Anything. I feel like that guy yelling SHOOOOOOOOOT at the powerplay.

Well he still needs to sign Barzal and Pulock, with 8.9M in current cap space and some wiggle room to drop a guy or two. Sounds like RFAs aren't all that interested in buying out UFA years in this economic climate, so expect a bridge deal for Barzal at least. Brayden Point money 3 x 7M AAV?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:40 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Well he still needs to sign Barzal and Pulock, with 8.9M in current cap space and some wiggle room to drop a guy or two. Sounds like RFAs aren't all that interested in buying out UFA years in this economic climate, so expect a bridge deal for Barzal at least. Brayden Point money 3 x 7M AAV?

I have no idea. I always think I will predict a contract well and wind up miles off.

But they signed Ho-Sang (1 year, $700k/$225k), and a few other minor league guys today. I would like to see Ho-Sang get a real opportunity again. No clue if he will get it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:25 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
But they signed Ho-Sang (1 year, $700k/$225k), and a few other minor league guys today. I would like to see Ho-Sang get a real opportunity again. No clue if he will get it.

Between Ho-Sang and Dal Colle, the Isles oddly hang onto prospects other teams would've jettisoned a while ago.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:55 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Between Ho-Sang and Dal Colle, the Isles oddly hang onto prospects other teams would've jettisoned a while ago.

Dal Colle is nothing like what they predicted him to be, which was a sniper. Instead he's a really good forechecking 3rd liner who has a decent shot, but doesn't like to mix it up or anything like that. So he is between "standard" roles. I'd like to see him alongside Pageau. I think they could put up some good offense together. But yeah, it kind of shows the lack of depth they have. Not sure if their scouting sucks, if their minor league development system sucks (that's my suspicion), both, or something else. But they really don't develop enough players into NHL quality players.

I thought Ho-Sang would have been gone by now. And he's a good player. I keep hoping that being waived and not claimed, then lent to another org has made him finally realize that nobody else wants him and if he wants to make this work, this is the place he's got to do it. I'd still like to see him make the Isles out of camp. However, they need a finisher to pair him with and just don't seem to have any. At any level. Ha, maybe throw Dal Colle on the left, Pageau at C and Ho-Sang on right, and see if Ho-Sang can feed the other 2 for some goals. It's a lot better than Uncle Leo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:38 am 
OTP Historian

I wanted the Wings to pick up Ho-Sang for free so badly. That's the kind of player to take a flier on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:20 pm 

Bosc wrote:
I wanted the Wings to pick up Ho-Sang for free so badly. That's the kind of player to take a flier on.

Not according to the team that's had him for years!

They've actually got a great record with him in the lineup. I don't get why they don't keep him. Maybe this is finally the year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:13 am 
Big in Japan

2 years, 5M AAV for Pulock. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:35 am 

E.L. wrote:
2 years, 5M AAV for Pulock. Good stuff.

That leaves them $3.9 million and they have to sign Barzal, and even if/when Barzal signs that will give them 22 on the roster. Having 22 when they could have 23 isn't the worst thing, but obviously another move needs to happen to shed salary.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:48 pm 

Pulock said he and Barzal have spoken during off-season and both want to re-sign with the Isles on fair deals that help keep as much of this core together as possible. Both say they want to win with the Isles. Of course, all players say that, but it's still nice to hear.

Isles still need to move some cap space but 9 teams are over the cap as of now and none under the floor, so there aren't a lot of teams willing to take on guys like Boychuk, Ladd or Leddy. Boychuk has a limited NTC (8 teams he can go to) and Ladd has one (15 teams he can't go to) that start with the next season, so if they're going to move him NOW is the time. So the best one of those guys, Leddy, may be the one moved. Although I kind of doubt it with Toews already having been moved. They've got Dobson coming up to replace Toews, but I don't know that they could also replace Leddy from within. Aho doesn't look ready to step into a big role yet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:55 am 

Isles fans, anxious to fight about anything, are totally split on this deal. How the hell could you not like this deal? Some say too much money (what??? For a guy whose shot was clocked at like 104 in a game- not the skills comp), others say too shot of a deal (as if Pulock was going to sign 8 years for $5 million/year when the cap could go up in a year or two? People just like to argue. Especially NYers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:20 pm 

Hey folks here's some stuff Chris put on his Christmas List:

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/ ... 0257295360

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:27 pm 
Big in Japan

That cap is dope.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:17 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
Hey folks here's some stuff Chris put on his Christmas List:

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/ ... 0257295360

:steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:52 pm 

I would totally wear that toque.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:29 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
I would totally wear that toque.

I'd shit in it for you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next