OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:20 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

6 hours to go and I'm psyched for Game 1 vs the Panthers, after being really apathetic up until around noon yesterday. This of course means the Isles will lose this game like 12-0. Because? Islanders.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:33 pm 

Isles take Game 1, 2-1. They looked like the better team for most of this one, although Bobrovsky came up with a few huge saves. Costly win though, as Johnny Boychuk is probably going to be out with a concussion. He went down hard on the first shift of the game, going awkwardly into the boards. You could read his lips saying "my back" repeatedly. He came right back and played hard. About halfway through the 2nd period he dumped the puck and got destroyed by Matheson. Initially it was called a 5 minute major due to head contact. Then they reviewed it and dropped it to 2 minutes. Beauvillier scored on the PP though, which is rare for the Isles.

I might miss Tuesday & Wednesday's games. :chris18:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:35 pm 

Word on all streets is that Boychuk is out with the dreaded "unfit to play" for Games 2 & 3 at least. Figured as much, although nothing is confirmed yet. Most likely Andy Greene gets back into the lineup over Noah Dobson or Thomas Hickey.

Also, I am nowhere near as excited for Sorokin as I was even just 5 minutes ago. Saw an article that his facemask has not 1, but 2 fisherman logos on it. Fuck that! Fucking millennial hipster goalie.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:45 pm 

Boychuk did not practice today and is obviously out for tomorrow and probably Game 3 as well. Trotz was asked who he's putting in- "a defenseman". :lol: Gotta love post-season interviews. I'm going to assume he goes with Greene. He's been steady in his own zone and made a great pass to Beauvillier in the exhibition game. Dobson was good, but in a short series vs an offensive team, you go with veteran experience, as poorly cliche as it is.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:04 am 

Game 2 at noon. I expect the Panthers to come out flying. I'm taking a half day to watch it.

Isles had a ping pong tournament in the hotel on Sunday. :lol: I want to see them going youth/minor hockey style and have a knee hockey tournament, complete with the coaches getting shitfaced and heckling players who miss the mini-net.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:43 pm 

Big game 2 win. After the Isles first goal Brendan Burke said "If you had Matt Martin scoring, from a between the legs pass by Kuhnackl, and assisted by Andy Greene, well, congrats to you." :lol: Pulock with a PP bomb for the 2nd tying goal, then Eberle had a nice one moments after Burke & Butch Goring said the first line really needs to get going. Eberle added another later on, when Beauvillier's shot went off his leg.

Then my power went out with about 8 minutes left in the third, due to the tropical storm. :chairshot: But, they held on to win so I should be happy.

Matheson was fined $2500 for a high stick to Brock Nelson's face that cut Nelson by the eye. Same dick who threw a shoulder into Boychuk's head, and only got a minor for that. So he's due for an ass whooping.
Scary moment when Barzal was going in on net, fast, made a lateral move and was pushed from behind by Vatrano. Barzal made a jump sideways to avoid Bobrovsky (who made the save) and the post but he caught the post with his hip and went over, landing on the back of his head and hitting the boards. He laid there for a few seconds, holding his head and I thought he was done for the year. Trainer came out talked with him for a minute and he got up on his own. Scary though.

I'll most likely miss Game 3 entirely. :chris18:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:24 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Matheson is dirty AF. He was the guy who picked up and threw Pettersson down onto the ice after Pettersson completely embarrassed him.

He's also married to Olympic women's hockey gold medal-winner Emily Pfalzer, so he's not even the best defenseman in his own house. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:25 pm 

I missed Game 3 thanks to Tropical Storm Isaia. Fucking trees and utility lines down all over the place. A cell tower nearby went on fire so we haven't even been able to get more than 2 cellular bars, usually just 1. So I sat here hitting refresh on a score app every 2 seconds and getting actual updates like every 15 minutes, sometimes with it showing the previous time it had updated (so the Isles lost a goal at one point :lol: ). So it was a rather frustrating day.
To hear that the Isles played well but gave up 2 PP goals, including 1 where Varlamov played the puck in the goalie forbidden zone is even more frustrating. But, at least internet is back on so I can rant about all of this now. :lol:

But Lee needs to wake up. He's been fairly invisible. You're the Captain and you're playing against a shitty defense. Step the fuck up, big guy.

Game 4 tomorrow at noon. Guess I'm quitting work early!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:23 pm 

Quenneville healthy scratched Matheson and the Panthros won. Go figure.

I'm pretty sure Tallon is done after this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:53 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:

Matheson is a total dick. I'm all for tough d-men. But dirty is very different from tough. He's been trying to injure people and that's just bullshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:31 am 

Game 4 in a few hours. Fucking win! I'm too old to deal with a Game 5 after having a 2-0 lead.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:40 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Chris18 wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

Matheson is a total dick. I'm all for tough d-men. But dirty is very different from tough. He's been trying to injure people and that's just bullshit.
Exhibit A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFIAov-9RUU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:11 am 

Yeah, there's no place for that. I would love to see someone knock him into next week, cleanly.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:22 pm 

Isles take Game 4 in decisive fashion, 5-1 (en). Beauvillier with 2 goals in this one, Barzal with 1G1A, Nelson & Pageau also scored. Good shit.
Beauvillier's first was a "get it on net and see what happens" type of play, with him blindly backhanding from along the goal line. It hit the inside of Bob's pad and bounced in. It looked like Bob thought Bailey had taken the puck behind the net, so he partially turned.
Beauvillier's second was a perfectly executed 2-1 with Barzal saucering a pass over to Beauvillier who buried it. I don't know why no coach will play those 2 together. Beauvillier has the speed to keep up with Barzal (almost) and they are very good friends off the ice. Give them a shot together!
Nelson had a nice one.
Barzal scored on a partial breakaway.
Pageau got the empty netter after Komarov stole it down deep. Pageau made a face like "I kind of had to score there. Oh well". :lol:

So who's next? No clue! Isles will be either 6 or 7 seed, and nobody has a clue who will finish 2 or 3 either. So it's very much up in the air. Only sure thing is the travel arrangements. :rimcrash:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:35 pm 
Big in Japan

You know you're good when you get the opposing team's GM fired. Congrats Isles!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:46 pm 

E.L. wrote:
You know you're good when you get the opposing team's GM fired. Congrats Isles!

Or they sucked and everyone thinks it's his fault. :lol:
I saw that before I posted last time and meant to add it, figured it should go in the Panthers forum and forgot to write it. Getting olllllllld.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:14 am 

Chris18 wrote:
Or they sucked and everyone thinks it's his fault. :lol:

It is.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:18 pm 

Pretty easy to like the new guy. :lol:
https://www.lighthousehockey.com/2020/8 ... end-status

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:41 am 

Lou and Barry have done a good job in the wake of poor management before their arrival and the departure of the team's best player, but I still don't love how this team plays hockey. But if it wins, who really cares.

Varly committed a trapezoid violation the other day. I seriously cannot remember the last time a goalie did that. Such a stupid rule.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:14 am 

https://twitter.com/NHLHubsLife/status/ ... 5464674311

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next