OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:48 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Yeah, I liked Ed Norton's Hulk as well.

TMI?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:48 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Chris18 wrote:
Yeah, I liked Ed Norton's Hulk as well.

TMI?

You're short.

Tim Roth's villain in that movie was not very interesting. I liked that movie with the exception of Tim Roth.

Eric Bana's Hulk was a little too angtsy even for 2003.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:24 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

You're short.

Tim Roth's villain in that movie was not very interesting. I liked that movie with the exception of Tim Roth.

Eric Bana's Hulk was a little too angtsy even for 2003.

They shouldn't have made the Abomination some elite soldier dude, not sure why they did that. Also, they very strongly hinted at Tim Blake Nelson's character becoming The Leader, the Hulk's archnemesis, but I don't think that would've been right either. Neither looked or acted at all like their comic counterparts.

Also, Ty Burrell playing Doc Samson would've been...interesting...to say the least.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:25 pm 

Sat down to watch Onward, which I really dug.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:25 pm 

Been stuck with Netflix original movies, most of which have been middling to outright horrible. Finally, one came out that was reasonably enjoyable: The Old Guard. Great cast (two Academy Award winners!) and fun storyline, based off a comic created by one of the best writers working today, Greg Rucka. It wasn't a masterpiece but it really didn't need to be.

And it stars Charlize Theron, and I'd watch anything she does. Even my wife, who rarely comments on the relative attractiveness of celebrities, said she'd use her "hall pass" on her.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:00 pm 

Childish but amusing movie on Netflix- the Young Offenders. It nails Irish kids, even if the plot is far fetched.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:55 am 
OTP Historian

Altered Carbon was really, really good.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:00 am 

Watched Hulk. Meh. So that's all 24 Marvel movies.

Watched first Transformers movie (I know, I'm like a decade behind on action movies). Hard to tell wtf was going on in the fight scenes. And until the ending, the kid doesn't seem to have any clue what he's doing besides staring at Meghan Fox. She is cool as hell, and they still just show her as T&A the whole time. And the racial stereotypes. WTF is up with Jazz? Folding his arms and sitting on a car like a horrible homey caricature and saying, whatever the fuck he said... Not sure I will bother with the rest of these.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:52 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Watched Hulk. Meh. So that's all 24 Marvel movies.

Watched first Transformers movie (I know, I'm like a decade behind on action movies). Hard to tell wtf was going on in the fight scenes. And until the ending, the kid doesn't seem to have any clue what he's doing besides staring at Meghan Fox. She is cool as hell, and they still just show her as T&A the whole time. And the racial stereotypes. WTF is up with Jazz? Folding his arms and sitting on a car like a horrible homey caricature and saying, whatever the fuck he said... Not sure I will bother with the rest of these.

I don't recommend it. Honestly, beyond The Rock, the first Bad Boys, and some amusing bits from Armageddon and Con Air, Michael Bay films are largely forgettable.

But I agree, Megan Fox is awesome.

I do kinda want to see Bumblebee, at least that one is set in the 80s and features designs more faithful to the original cartoon/toys.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:30 pm 

Even though the movie annoyed her, my wife announced that she still wants an OG Optimus Prime transformer. So now I've gotta remember that for Christmas. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:51 pm 
Big in Japan

I thought Eurovision was hilarious.

Will Ferrell by numbers, but the music was good and authentically Euro. Rachel McAdams was really funny too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:08 am 

E.L. wrote:
I thought Eurovision was hilarious.

Will Ferrell by numbers, but the music was good and authentically Euro. Rachel McAdams was really funny too.

It's a weird coincidence that Iceland came out with what should've been the winner at this year's Eurovision (if it hadn't been canceled) the same exact year this film came out.

Y'all need to watch this. It's a wonderfully weird video and the song totally kicks ass.

I didn't love the movie but I thought it was fun. The best part to me was Dan Stevens playing a pompous (and probably gay) Russian singer. Very underrated actor.

It's at least way better than some of the other fare Netflix has been shitting out. The Wrong Missy and Coffee and Kareem were four hours of my life I'll never get back.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:12 am 

Also, I watched Uncut Gems and didn't quite get all the hype. I'm not the biggest Adam Sandler fan (though he's always struck me as a good guy) around so that may be it. It's entertaining watching his character continually dig himself a deeper and deeper hole, and Kevin Garnett ends up being a surprisingly good actor, but I wasn't quite as enraptured as others seem to be.

On the other hand, put Julia Fox in as many movies as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:24 pm 

Finally sat down to watch A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. There are few cows more sacred to me than Mister Rogers, so I was looking forward to this one, and was also a little worried.

It's not a perfect movie by any means, and there are some contrivances that tested even my ability to suspend my disbelief (though, to be fair, Mister Rogers himself almost defies belief, because he wasn't a character on TV, he really genuinely WAS that guy both on camera and off). But I love how the entire film was framed as one long Mister Rogers episode, even using little miniature towns between scene changes. I just got done reading the Esquire article the film was based off of (the main character and the plotline revolving around his deadbeat father were entirely fictional though) and a lot in there shows up in here. And of course, Tom Hanks isn't a dead ringer for the late Mister Rogers, but he captures him nonetheless.

Here's the article. It's worth a read if you haven't done so already.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/t ... o-esq1198/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:23 am 
OTP Historian

The awesome Katie Baker revisits a fun film from my childhood, The Wizard.

https://www.theringer.com/movies/2020/9 ... rospective

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:44 pm 
King of the One-Liner

I found Jojo Rabbit to be fascinating. Such a mix of comedy and emotion, one of the better movie experiences for me in years.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:10 am 

Elona Holmes was really good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:06 pm 

The Midnight Sky is about the bleakest fucking movie I've ever seen, and yet it still wasn't as sad as the current state of the world.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:32 pm 

Wonder Woman 1984 was not horrible, nor was it great. I found it enjoyable, but maaaaaaaan was the plot super-batshit crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:29 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Pokecheque wrote:
Wonder Woman 1984 was not horrible, nor was it great. I found it enjoyable, but maaaaaaaan was the plot super-batshit crazy.

Wow... Did you pay full pop for that? Haven't heard any good things about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next