OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:26 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

E.L. wrote:
That's exactly what's going on here. Columbus tried to fast track to the offseason and the league said hell no. He'll sign in C-Bus July 1.

They probably shouldn't. I know people (and likely the Jax) think this is a low-risk move but it's really going to be a waste of time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:55 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:
That's exactly what's going on here. Columbus tried to fast track to the offseason and the league said hell no. He'll sign in C-Bus July 1.

They probably shouldn't. I know people (and likely the Jax) think this is a low-risk move but it's really going to be a waste of time.

Maybe it's a deep thought move. They did it now, when they know the league won't allow it, but make some other team think he's still got something. So on July 1, some other team will try to swoop in and sign him. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:52 pm 
Big in Japan

Grigorenko officially signs.

Not a game breaker on a team lacking game breakers, but they have a lot of offensive pieces here. It doesn't take much to get three of them to click.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:34 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Grigorenko officially signs.

Not a game breaker on a team lacking game breakers, but they have a lot of offensive pieces here. It doesn't take much to get three of them to click.

Grigorenko is a very frustrating player. Not fast, but very big, rangy, and talented, and extremely intelligent. Unfortunately he also plays a total perimeter game that pretty much renders him useless (I was about to call him softer than hoarded toilet paper, but I really hate that term in hockey circles). I give the over/under around a month before he lands squarely in Tortorella's doghouse.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:20 pm 
Big in Japan

I like this Blue Jackets team. Scrappy and tough to play against. Could use a bit more talent, which Grigorenko could help.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:33 pm 
Big in Japan

Nyqvist out 5-6 months with shoulder surgery. Already offensively challenged, this won't help.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:38 pm 
Big in Japan

Lebrun reports RFA PLD and his camp are unhappy around lunch, and by dinner he's re-signed. Way to use the media!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:01 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Lebrun reports RFA PLD and his camp are unhappy around lunch, and by dinner he's re-signed. Way to use the media!

Rumors still abounding that he's asked for a trade. If true...what is it with Lumbus? Can't be that bad a town to live in.s

Sadly, Rick Nash loved it there--he likely would've played his entire career there if they hadn't squandered his prime years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:15 am 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Rumors still abounding that he's asked for a trade. If true...what is it with Lumbus? Can't be that bad a town to live in.s

Sadly, Rick Nash loved it there--he likely would've played his entire career there if they hadn't squandered his prime years.

Nothing about this makes sense. In Columbus, Pierre-Luc is the star forward, plays for a pretty good playoff-calibre team in a quiet market and it's the most likely place where he might touch 9M on a long-term deal.

Obviously, where there's Torts there's usually drama.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:12 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Nothing about this makes sense. In Columbus, Pierre-Luc is the star forward, plays for a pretty good playoff-calibre team in a quiet market and it's the most likely place where he might touch 9M on a long-term deal.

Obviously, where there's Torts there's usually drama.

https://twitter.com/Account4hockey/stat ... 8173477888

Quote:
Elliotte Friedman on SN960 says a player told him CBJ was kind of expecting something like this re: Dubois. Says he was told it wasn't about the negotiation, wasn't fully about clashing with Tortorella, mainly about Dubois wanting a bigger stage.

Normally I try to leave players to their own devices and avoid judgments (of course I wasn't always this way) but this kind of thing just makes me dislike a player. This is the same shit Eric Lindros pulled...but of course I'm not at all complaining about that since the Avalanche built two Cup wins out of his bratty demands.

Again, might not even be true, but if so, what a dunderhead.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:13 pm 
Big in Japan

But what does PLD want? To be the second line centre in a bigger market? Really?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:36 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
But what does PLD want? To be the second line centre in a bigger market? Really?

Go from being a beloved 1C on a small market team to a 2C on a huge contract on a large market team and be reviled by the smaller market fan base for the way you handled that move... What kind of total and complete fucking douche bag would want such a thing? iiam:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:33 am 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Go from being a beloved 1C on a small market team to a 2C on a huge contract on a large market team and be reviled by the smaller market fan base for the way you handled that move... What kind of total and complete fucking douche bag would want such a thing? iiam:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:21 pm 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Nyqvist out 5-6 months with shoulder surgery. Already offensively challenged, this won't help.

Damn, missed this. That sucks for Gus :x

Pokecheque wrote:
Normally I try to leave players to their own devices and avoid judgments (of course I wasn't always this way) but this kind of thing just makes me dislike a player. This is the same shit Eric Lindros pulled...but of course I'm not at all complaining about that since the Avalanche built two Cup wins out of his bratty demands.

Again, might not even be true, but if so, what a dunderhead.

This is aside to PLD. I think there were a few reasons that Lindros cited but I think what it boiled down to was him really just wanted nothing to do with the Nordiques owners. And from what I understand of Quebec's ownershup, who could blame him? Obviously it sucked for Nords fans. But I've kind of come around on what Big E did because of what we have seen and see with horrible ownership, management and teams just completely unwilling to pay for talent and just suck teams dry for as many pennies as possible. And we've seen throughout the years, including with Lindros himself, of bad ownership/management/coaching giving little to no fucks about the health and well-being of players. More players need to look out more for themselves.

I wanted McDavid to to to Europe so Edmonton would either have to deal him or lose his rights when he re-entered the draft, but I was probably more likely to win the lottery than that happening.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:57 pm 

Bosc wrote:
This is aside to PLD. I think there were a few reasons that Lindros cited but I think what it boiled down to was him really just wanted nothing to do with the Nordiques owners. And from what I understand of Quebec's ownershup, who could blame him? Obviously it sucked for Nords fans. But I've kind of come around on what Big E did because of what we have seen and see with horrible ownership, management and teams just completely unwilling to pay for talent and just suck teams dry for as many pennies as possible. And we've seen throughout the years, including with Lindros himself, of bad ownership/management/coaching giving little to no fucks about the health and well-being of players. More players need to look out more for themselves.

I wanted McDavid to to to Europe so Edmonton would either have to deal him or lose his rights when he re-entered the draft, but I was probably more likely to win the lottery than that happening.

I'm all for players advocating for themselves--after all if John Elway hadn't spurned the Baltimore Colts back in 1983 the Denver sports scene would look wildly different than it does now (yes, I think it would've affected the existence of the Avalanche as well). But the pervading narrative, one furthered even by Lindros himself, is that his parents wanted a bigger stage for their son. Lindros, in interviews later on in his career, expressed regret that he allowed his parents to speak for him as much as they did. I'm sure there's truth to the Nords being badly run--again, the tale of the Avalanche would've unfolded quite differently if they had been--but, geez, why didn't the Lindros family lead with that, then?

But yeah, I think we were all hoping McDavid would've followed up his visible disappointment at the draft lottery show by saying "Aw, HELL no."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:49 am 
Big in Japan

Gotta pay someone, might as well be the consistent Oliver Bjorkstrand: 5 years, $5.4M AAV. Buys four (!) UFA years, so this is a real deal extension.

I'm no Jax expert, but on a team that never has gaudy offensive numbers, his are especially not all that dependent on who he's playing with. Two straight 20 goal seasons, drives play himself.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:07 pm 
Big in Japan

The Dubois wants out rumours are fully heating up. Quebec media infiltrated CBJ media day and when Dubois was asked a question in French he was beaming. Lots of rumours he wants to play for his home province team.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:13 pm 

Boy, Torts's remarks were not exactly kind.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:37 am 

It’s one game but Lumbus sure looked uninspired against a Nashville team on the decline. I can’t imagine it’s easy to find your game when your team’s best player flat out tells everyone he doesn’t want to be there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:10 pm 
Big in Japan

Fuck Torts! Keeps benching PLD!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next