OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fuck this team
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:56 pm 
Big in Japan

Hudon and Lindgren on waivers. Hudon needs another chance elsewhere. He might still be a productive player but he's not a fit here. Kinda slow.

Lindgren might still become a solid backup, but it just takes time for goalies. More time than the pre-waiver process allows.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:08 pm 
Big in Japan

I feel like I should start a new thread before this one collapses under its own weight, but what the hell: FUCK THIS TEAM 2019-2020 EDITION

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Domi-Suzuki
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-Thompson-Weal
Cousins

Mete-Weber
Chiarot-Petry
Kulak-Fleury
Reilly, Folin

Prinkaid

So Nick and Cale make it, Poehling gets to heal his mushy melon in Laval. Le Titan...errr...Rocket are gonna be really fun to watch this year.

On paper, I think they're about where they were last season: competing for a playoff spot. They've got youth and legs on their side, and Kinkaid already looks like a major upgrade in nets so CJ won't be afraid to give Price more nights off. That said, they still don't have a working powerplay and they're not elite up the middle...yet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:55 pm 
Big in Japan

I like how lean the team is: no one really on the back end of their career, and the two old guys are still productive. There's no one who doesn't really fit the lineup, and while I still think they're missing high end talent, there's enough versatility and mobility with the lineup that guys can move up and down as needed.

It's really just a matter of whether the young guys are ready to lead. They might struggle big time if Kotkaniemi, Poehling and Suzuki aren't at least solid contributors.

Same with the defence: they're dependent on Mete improving and Kulak repeating. If they don't start fast, Bergevin might move quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:21 pm 
Big in Japan

Even though it was solely because he got a concussion and missed camp, Ryan Poehling is mad he got sent down.

Bergevin said he won't be in Laval long.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:19 am 
Big in Japan

Wow, this team can fly.
Wow, this team has a horrible defence.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:26 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

E.L. wrote:
Wow, this team can fly.

Agreed, and wasn't this D supposed to be an upgrade over last year, not that this D is that much better.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:35 pm 
Big in Japan

us 679 part trois wrote:
E.L. wrote:
Wow, this team can fly.

Agreed, and wasn't this D supposed to be an upgrade over last year, not that this D is that much better.

We're two games in, so we'll give him time to adjust to the East, but Chiarot is definitely a step behind the competition so far. And he really can't move the puck at all. Crossing my fingers Bergy didn't buy another Alzner.

Kulak was brutal against Toronto and got benched. He was solid last season, but some pointed out cracks in his armour when competition got stiffer in March. CJ dropped him to the third pairing so he'll need to rebuild trust.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:17 am 

E.L. wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:
E.L. wrote:
Wow, this team can fly.

We're two games in, so we'll give him time to adjust to the East, but Chiarot is definitely a step behind the competition so far. And he really can't move the puck at all. Crossing my fingers Bergy didn't buy another Alzner.

Kulak was brutal against Toronto and got benched. He was solid last season, but some pointed out cracks in his armour when competition got stiffer in March. CJ dropped him to the third pairing so he'll need to rebuild trust.

Yes we are only two games in, but I guess I too am worrying about another Alzner in Chiarot, but again, it's only two games.

Kulak I think will get better as the season progresses, especially as a third pairing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:20 pm 
Big in Japan

The Habs are fairly .500 right now: 4-3-2, +4 GD

On the plus side, the offence is humming along, although Armia went down and now Tatar is day-to-day. Byron, who hasn't looked right since a preseason injury, will need to pick up the slack if either guy remains out long-term.

Price and Kinkaid also looked good last week.

Chiarot has looked better the last couple of games but is clearly the new Benn i.e. bottom pairing guy. Kulak is back with Petry and they're the best they've got. Weber still looks slow out there, but he doesn't have to be a 30 min guy yet. The problem is Kulak and Mete are solid but barely top-4 guys. Chiarot is clearly a bottom pairing guy and Reilly isn't much of anything. So even if it's a decent 1-2-3 on the left side, they're not slotted properly. I do think if they make an aggressive move for a LD, Kulak or Mete will have to go just to keep slotting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:35 pm 
Big in Japan

On Toronto radio, Teemu Selanne singled out Joel Armia as a young Finn he's watching. Said he was a superstar in Finland and is just coming into his own now.

Armia has 6 goals so far this season, including 3 on the PP. He has a good stick that he uses to get turnovers and is a big guy who isn't a slouch when it comes to speed. Is he just a late bloomer at 26? If he can keep scoring consistently and hit 20-25 this year, that would be huge for the Habs, especially since they have him signed for another year at 2.6M.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:20 pm 
Big in Japan

Habbos won a big one in Sin City last night. Comeback win.

Gallagher-Domi-Drouin-Tatar-Danault-Armia may lack star power but they're all producing right now. Every night they contribute.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:28 pm 
Big in Japan

Poehling up, Kotkaniemi on IR with a groin injury.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:52 pm 
Big in Japan

Habs won a gutsy one Tuesday against the Bruins. Price didn't have his best stuff but they managed to hang on. Victor Mete scored 2 goals! He's flying, and starting to look like a legit top-4 defenceman.

Ben Chiarot has worked hard too in recent games. They might not have a terrible top-4 right now. Poehling played, didn't factor much.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:15 pm 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:
Habs won a gutsy one Tuesday against the Bruins. Price didn't have his best stuff but they managed to hang on. Victor Mete scored 2 goals! He's flying, and starting to look like a legit top-4 defenceman.

Ben Chiarot has worked hard too in recent games. They might not have a terrible top-4 right now. Poehling played, didn't factor much.

Aye! Habs looked pretty good but more so Tuuka was f'n terrible! Not a fan of that Coach's challenge but its Julien and he's still ok in my book. We'll meet again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:03 pm 
Big in Japan

Shea Weber is starting to play well: 13 points in 17 games and 5 goals, including two against the Kings.

I don't think The Big Trade is going the way people thought: PK made the Habs look foolish the first two seasons, both guys looked broken down in season three, and so far Weber is looking healthier in season four, although he's had to adapt to losing another step.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:21 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Shea Weber is starting to play well: 13 points in 17 games and 5 goals, including two against the Kings.

I don't think The Big Trade is going the way people thought: PK made the Habs look foolish the first two seasons, both guys looked broken down in season three, and so far Weber is looking healthier in season four, although he's had to adapt to losing another step.

Yes, with 11 points in the last 11 games and ninth among defenceman in scoring. Has a little bit of a virus and missed the morning skate, but supposed to be in tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:42 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Weber's shot has always been super-elite and it's the one thing about him that hasn't aged.

I still don't quite know why the marriage between Subban and Nashville didn't work. That should've been perfect. Perhaps already having Josi there made Subban a bit redundant, and also, NSH grossly overestimated the talent they had at their disposal up front.

Ironically the forward mix Montreal has now would be a perfect fit for PK and his playing style. And I'm wiling to bet a more competent coach like Julien would know exactly what to do with him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:29 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
Weber's shot has always been super-elite and it's the one thing about him that hasn't aged.

I still don't quite know why the marriage between Subban and Nashville didn't work. That should've been perfect. Perhaps already having Josi there made Subban a bit redundant, and also, NSH grossly overestimated the talent they had at their disposal up front.

I think it worked great PK's first season (finals, duh), but his body hasn't really held up since. They wanted Duchene and Subban was the obvious contract to move out. Simple as that, I think.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:01 pm 
Big in Japan

Habs almost lost against the Jackets but they woke up late and won it in the shootout. Price is getting hot. Mete is looking like a top-4 defenceman, interesting road he's travelled to get there.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:56 pm 
Big in Japan

Habs manhandled the streaking Caps Friday, but Ovi obliterated Drouin, who's now on IR. Hudon, fresh from a hat trick down on the farm, will take his place.

The rapidly declining PK Subban and the Devs are here for the second a back-to-back. Hope PK starts to show some razzle dazzle soon, it's sad to see him struggle.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 45  Next