OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:46 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

https://www.nhl.com/islanders/schedule/2019-10-01/ET

Lots of 3-4 day breaks early on, then 15 games packed into Feb and 16 in March, with lots of back to backs and 3 in 4...

Here's to improving on last year! :beer:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:32 am 

Game 1 vs the Caps. I only saw the 3rd period. Isles looked a little flat and the announcers were saying that they'd looked much better earlier in the game. Caps were just suffocating any offensive attempts the Isles had. 2-1 loss.

Sunday vs the Jets, who have lost to the Rangers and beaten the Devils in OT.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:23 am 

Game 2 vs the Jets. Good win, 4-1. Gave up a lot of chances early but Greiss was great. Only goal allowed was a blast from Laine that nobody would have stopped.
Isles hit the post, and Brossoit made some really great saves. Kid is good.

80 more to go!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:05 pm 

2 games in and fans are getting anxious for Noah Dobson to get into the lineup. Should he on Tuesday vs McDavid? That'd be a real "welcome to the NHL, kid!" move. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:14 am 

Dobson played well. The rest of the team... Not so much.
James Neal with 4 fucking goals. Four fucking goals.

Carolina on Friday.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:24 am 

Loss to Carolina was awful.
SO win vs the Panthers was okay.

Cizikas is on IR with an LBI.
Oliver Wahlstrom has been called up.

Matinee vs the Blues. I was hoping to get tickets, but life happened.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:44 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Wahlstrom definitely in (took the solo lap) but I think they're still waiting on Dobson. Just put him in already...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:45 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Wahlstrom definitely in (took the solo lap) but I think they're still waiting on Dobson. Just put him in already...

Dobson has played 2 games. Had an assist in his first game (Game 2 in the team's season). He also got the solo lap treatment.

Great come from behind win vs the blues. It may have taken OT, but I'll take it!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:38 pm 

At the Jets tonight. Have Tommy or Erik done anything like "L-L-L-Laine and the Jets" as a thread title? It works better when you say it than reading it.

Ho-Sang still hasn't been traded. Lou says he told Ho-Sang not to report to Bridgeport. Ho-Sang says he'll go to an AHL team if someone trades for him. I think he and Thompson got along like a house on fire. Not surprised he doesn't want to go back there. He's also done well in the NHL so far and the Isles need offense. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense for him to be down, but he also passed through waivers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:55 pm 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
At the Jets tonight. Have Tommy or Erik done anything like "L-L-L-Laine and the Jets" as a thread title? It works better when you say it than reading it.

It's yours. I've got a Laine one in my back pocket...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:52 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

It's yours. I've got a Laine one in my back pocket...

I don't do the plays on words like you guys do. I keep one long running thread for the whole regular season, partially to avoid the stress of having to come up with interesting titles. :lol: That's not where my sense of humor generally lies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:44 pm 

Drink a Laine-kugels!

Lay it on the Laine

White Laines, Blowin' Through My Mind

Blame it on Your Laine Cheatin Heart

You Put the Laine in the Coconut...

Erik Laine-jon is live-blogging the Habs this Saturday

Stay in your Laine

The Lamb Laine's Down on Broadway (Erik may have done that one already)

*British accent* Gor-Laine, Guv'nor!

I got all day for this...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:48 am 

:lol: Well done Tommy.
But stop now.

Isles with a good game. Varlamov looked comfortable for the first time this year.
Lee with a great backchecking play to break up a 2-1 late when that was the score.
Barzal with 2 goals. That Kid looks like he's back on track for a great year. He also had the line of the night in the post-game interview. He took a few highsticks to the face and his lips were cut/swollen. Shannon Hogan asked how he concentrates on the game when he's gotten hit like that (or something like that) and he said something along the lines of "yeah I feel like Kylie Jenner right now." I think that's the one he said. Maybe Kardashian? I'm not going to google it and give more hits to those twits... But it was pretty funny, considering how dry and canned those interviews usually are.

Saturday in CLumbus.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:48 am 

Crossing the Finnish Laine.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:01 pm 

Enjoy Varly while ya can. I guarantee if he hits a stretch where he plays like utter crap for 3-4 games, it's because he's hurt and trying to play through it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:04 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Enjoy Varly while ya can. I guarantee if he hits a stretch where he plays like utter crap for 3-4 games, it's because he's hurt and trying to play through it.

Do you forget I watched 4 years of Halak? And prior to that Rick DiPietro??? Get on my level, son!!! Shit, the Isles will be paying DP until AFTER my younger kid graduates college. :lol:

Nice OT win vs the Blue Jackets. Of course, I missed the whole game. Oh well.
Barzal with goals in 4 straight games- all wins.

Next game isn't until Thursday. Weird scheduling.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:12 pm 

This schedule sucks dog balls. 4 day layoff right after they got going. Ug.

Ladd is practicing, now without a no-contact jersey. MFer should have a no-CONTRACT jersey. Guy is hurt more than a millennial's feelings at an Andrew Dice Clay show.

Sbisa is signed and on waivers. Fortunately, he signed with the Ducks, not the Isles. Phew! There was a lot of vagueness this morning about that.

Noah Dobson has moved in with the Seidenbergs, who are like the Islanders official billet hosts. At least Seidenberg's involved somehow, but not on the ice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:06 pm 
Big in Japan

Sbisa then claimed on waivers by Winnipeg. Defence at such a premium the Italian Stallion is in demand!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:13 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Sbisa then claimed on waivers by Winnipeg. Defence at such a premium the Italian Stallion is in demand!

Meanwhile the Isles have Hickey in Bridgeport. Shrug.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:58 am 

5 wins in a row in October for the first time since '82. Sure would be nice if the season ended the same way! :lol:

I missed all but the last 70 seconds. Looked like a good game though. Brassard finally got a goal.

One oddity- the Isles get almost NO PPs. They're scoring at an okay % when they get one, but it's like Haley's Comet for them to get a PP. Weird.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next