OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:48 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Lost our first two playoff games in a 4 game round robin tourney format so would take a miracle to make finals. We ran away with first place during the season and played like garbage the last handful of games and that momentum stuck. Take note NHL teams if you coast to hard you may not be able to restart the motor.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:55 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Hounsy wrote:
Lost our first two playoff games in a 4 game round robin tourney format so would take a miracle to make finals. We ran away with first place during the season and played like garbage the last handful of games and that momentum stuck. Take note NHL teams if you coast to hard you may not be able to restart the motor.

That stinks. Hope you recapture the mojo!

I fucked my shoulder up last night backchecking to make sure some dick didn't beat us with 1 minute to go. Cut off his drive to the net, we collided hard, he outweighs me by a good 30 lbs, and I hit the lower tube of the net and frigging flew into the end boards. But I stopped him and we won in OT. :yayyy:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:10 am 
King of the One-Liner

Wait a second are you talking about the mythical back checking winger? I heard of them before but did not believe them to truly exist.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:45 am 

Hounsy wrote:
Wait a second are you talking about the mythical back checking winger? I heard of them before but did not believe them to truly exist.

When you have hands of stone but are considered "too small to play D" by your brilliant old school teammates, you create your niche. I am in fact, a defensive forward. Unicorns, dragons, Samsquantch and backchecking wingers... We do exist. Little known fact- we are pretty common buy like, the government erases the game footage in a "cover up" move. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:25 pm 
OTP Historian

Scotty, looks like I might see you on Wednesday-Monday crossovers. :D Joined the over-35 this year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:05 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Bosc wrote:
Scotty, looks like I might see you on Wednesday-Monday crossovers. :D Joined the over-35 this year.

Nice! I can't believe you are over 35! So you will now be playing with us old farts. :lol:

Let me guess, is it the Maple Trappers?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:12 pm 

So I see you are with the new team the Nature boys, and I also see that you ripped the other team apart in game one of the season with a 7-0 win and two goals and an assist!

And that's from playing D. Are you sure you're 35? :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:02 pm 
OTP Historian

us 679 part trois wrote:
So I see you are with the new team the Nature boys, and I also see that you ripped the other team apart in game one of the season with a 7-0 win and two goals and an assist!

Nature Boys is most of the guys from the Trailer Park All Stars last year. Played with a few of the guys on Barley Kings/HMC. Our Thursday team finally folded up shop so moved over to 35+ league along with a couple of other guys. Kind of crazy because I started playing on Thursday nights right out of university!

Lol yeah, pretty decent start for me considering how many goals a year I get :lol: Lots of chances to jump into the rush, not that I was trying the pile on.

You guys tied? How'd it go?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:38 pm 

Bosc wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:

Nature Boys is most of the guys from the Trailer Park All Stars last year. Played with a few of the guys on Barley Kings/HMC. Our Thursday team finally folded up shop so moved over to 35+ league along with a couple of other guys. Kind of crazy because I started playing on Thursday nights right out of university!

Lol yeah, pretty decent start for me considering how many goals a year I get :lol: Lots of chances to jump into the rush, not that I was trying the pile on.

You guys tied? How'd it go?

Our team still has the terrible goalie, however we've picked up a couple of good D and a couple of good forwards, so it makes up for our goalie. I find the 35+ league a lot of fun. I see Darren D is with you as well. We will have to hook up for some beers after the game. We usually go to the Ivy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:16 pm 
OTP Historian

us 679 part trois wrote:
Our team still has the terrible goalie, however we've picked up a couple of good D and a couple of good forwards, so it makes up for our goalie. I find the 35+ league a lot of fun. I see Darren D is with you as well. We will have to hook up for some beers after the game. We usually go to the Ivy.

Nice to see you've got some better players, I remember it was a struggle early when you joined the league but you said it was a good group of guys. Yeah, Darren stopped the Barley Kings and Harnett took over as HMC for 4 years with about half of the guys. One guy took over from Harnett last year and it was the final year. Darren left HMC a couple of seasons ago.

We're usually at Rad's before or after, but hopefully we'll grab one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:56 pm 

Bosc wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:

Nice to see you've got some better players, I remember it was a struggle early when you joined the league but you said it was a good group of guys. Yeah, Darren stopped the Barley Kings and Harnett took over as HMC for 4 years with about half of the guys. One guy took over from Harnett last year and it was the final year. Darren left HMC a couple of seasons ago.

Rad used to sponcer us, but find them very expensive and close early on Monday night. Ivy is cheap a d we get free team platters. Anyway, we will definitely see you around.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:36 am 

Please tell me that when the Nature Boys score they all give a "wooooooo!" :lol:

Beer league team names are great.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:46 am 
OTP Historian

us 679 part trois wrote:
Bosc wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:

Rad used to sponcer us, but find them very expensive and close early on Monday night. Ivy is cheap a d we get free team platters. Anyway, we will definitely see you around.

Yeah Rad's is pretty expensive. Apparently we have a deal though now with enough guys that we get half-price wings. Which is basically Ivy all the time :lol: And Ivy's beer is way cheaper too...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:14 pm 

Bosc wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:
Bosc wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:

Yeah Rad's is pretty expensive. Apparently we have a deal though now with enough guys that we get half-price wings. Which is basically Ivy all the time :lol: And Ivy's beer is way cheaper too...

:lol: anyway, look forward to seeing you this year after hockey! :cheers:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:46 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

https://www.instagram.com/itrainhockey/

Man...if I had resources like this when I was a kid, I'd have been a better player.

I can't find it on there but he has a tremendous tutorial on shooting. I never even thought to turn my body toward the net while shooting the puck, I did the whole weight transfer thing, but my skates always pointed perpendicular to wherever I was shooting. No wonder I had a shot from the point whose power could generously be compared to that of a Nerf gun from distance.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:48 am 

Are any of you guys playing? In NY we're not supposed to have "games", so our local rink is allowing teams to have "friendly scrimmages" overseen by third party mediators, acting as sort of, mmmm, referees if you will.

My team keep asking me to join in these scrimmages, but I haven't yet. I hear there's like 4-6 players per, umm, jersey color set so it's very much just socially distanced pickup hockey. Not like beer league normally has any defense anyway, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:48 am 
OTP Historian

Nope, no word yet from what I've heard on when leagues are reopening.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:07 am 
King of the One-Liner

Yeah not even part of the conversation at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:07 pm 

Are there kids' camps/clinics? We have tons around here. My kids have had practices, in which I was a bit of a nut telling the players to distance, but they kept creeping closer as each practice wore on. Fucking kids. :fffffuck:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:25 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Are there kids' camps/clinics? We have tons around here. My kids have had practices, in which I was a bit of a nut telling the players to distance, but they kept creeping closer as each practice wore on. Fucking kids. :fffffuck:

My nephews have had some baseball practices but I'm not aware of any hockey.

Saw what looked to be adult baseball in full uniform a couple of days ago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next