OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Official NBA thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:52 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Playing in Toronto is like playing overseas.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nba/cl ... d=SK216DHP

At the end of the day, and this is nothing against Toronto, there will always be the Canada deterring factor. Same in baseball.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:40 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

In other news, the Denver Nuggets re-upped point guard Jamal Murray to a five year, 170 million dollar deal. This makes him the highest-paid Canadian athlete in history.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:07 pm 

Sorry Stink and other Raptors fans...Kawhi ends up heading home to Los Angeles, but at least it's not with the frickin' Lakers.

Nuggets will have their work cut out for them with both LA teams bolstering their respective frontcourts. Some of the trades that take place in the NBA just blow my mind. I still don't quite know how the soft cap and all these weird exemptions work, but I like the fact they limit contracts to five years. The NHL should do the same.

Boy, there are some real decrepit franchises in professional sports. MLB has the Mets, the NHL has the Senators, the NFL has...too many to name. But I don't think any of them truly define pathetic like the Knicks do. They cleared all kinds of cap room thinking they were going to sign All The Players, even booting one of the few homegrown stars they had in the process, and end up with absolutely nothing to show for it. Add to that the fact they got completely hosed in the draft lottery and you have one very sad-sack franchise.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:45 pm 
OTP Clown

We da champs.

Kawhi did his job

Now for Masai to do his job.

The Greek Freak is Nigerian

Masai got him and his family to Greece.

Raptors are not team Canada.

They are team global basketball.

Add the freak to Pascal and Anounoby and we have an all star front court.

Find a guard to max out on and go to LA and disrupt the disruptor.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:17 pm 

Teams are picking the bones of the OKC Thunder, a franchise that shouldn't exist in the first place. Even Denver got in on the action by trading for PF Jerami Grant. Now about the only big piece that remains is Auston Matthews' favorite player, Russell Westbrook. Wouldn't that be something if the Raps traded for him.

I'm sure once the NHL gets going in Seattle, the Supersonics will return in some form.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:40 pm 
OTP Clown

My favorite NBA moment so far this year:

The champs march into LA - down a couple of guys - and beat the fuck out of the laketurds.

Was nice to see them do that to Lebron.

Finally, revenge.

If only in a small dose.

Champs won it.

As for the Clippers game?

No one cares about the clippers.

:snoop:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:57 pm 
OTP Historian

Long read about LeBron but a great one.

https://theathletic.com/1593937/2020/02 ... ed-article

Quote:
David Griffin, New Orleans Pelicans president, former Cavs GM: My favorite recollection of him is we’re playing Toronto in the playoffs, and it’s late in the game at Toronto, and they call an after-timeout play. And Patrick Patterson walks out onto the court and he’s standing about four feet from where he’s supposed to stand. And LeBron walks out onto the court and says, “Patrick, you’re supposed to be on the elbow, you’re going to pin down on the weak side.” And he told him his own play, and how to run it. So, capturing the basketball savant that he was and is, that’s always been my favorite.

Quote:
Romeo Travis, professional basketball player overseas, lifelong friend: I was walking through the mall (around the holidays last year). A guy kept calling my name. I’m with my kids, I don’t want to stop. A guy just kept calling my name. I stopped and he’s like, “You’re Romeo, you’re LeBron’s friend?”’ And I was like, “Yeah.” He’s like, “Can you do me a favor?” I’m like, “What’s up, man?” He said, “LeBron put me through rehab. I just want you to tell him thank you. He really saved my life.” Those are the type of the stories that he doesn’t publicize. He don’t even, I didn’t even know. This is something I found out just walking through the mall, that he does things like that. People never find out about it. He does favors and stuff for people that he don’t talk about. They know the big stuff. They know the iPromise school and the philanthropy and things of that nature, but they don’t know the small stuff. Those small things are impactful as well. I was just like, wow. I sent a message to LeBron and was like, “I ran into a guy and he said you put him through rehab.” He said, “Yeah I do that from time to time just to help addicts.”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:22 pm 

TAKE THAT, CANADA!!!!

Nuggets beat the Raptors 121-111. Fourth straight win and they're 8-1 since losing Kitchener native Jamal Murray for the season with a torn ACL on April 12. Amazing run in light of two devastating injuries down the stretch. Nuggets are for real, which still feels very strange to say/type. I've gotten so used to them being a bad or mediocre team that this is taking some adjustment.

This thread is now a JOKIC IS THE MVP thread, any haters will be blocked.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:36 am 
OTP Historian

Whenever I watch Jokic highlights, he looks like a merciless Dad playing in a father and sons game.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:37 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Whenever I watch Jokic highlights, he looks like a merciless Dad playing in a father and sons game.

That's about the best description of Jokic's game I've read yet. :laugh:

It's just amazing to watch him, not only because he's good, but because he doesn't look good. He'll straight up walk into the paint and pull off some amazing spin move to shake off a defender but he just looks so clumsy doing it. There's never been a player like him before and probably won't be another one for a long time.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:24 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
Bosc wrote:

That's about the best description of Jokic's game I've read yet. :laugh:

It's just amazing to watch him, not only because he's good, but because he doesn't look good. He'll straight up walk into the paint and pull off some amazing spin move to shake off a defender but he just looks so clumsy doing it. There's never been a player like him before and probably won't be another one for a long time.

It's comical to watch his passing. Just towering over everyone feeding perfectly timed passes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11