OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:37 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Logical Progression wrote:
So he's just going to play in the A? Hard to imagine him cracking the Hawks roster. Perhaps coaching is in his future.

Ya never know. I'm sure he'd love another taste of NHL hockey before he has to hang 'em up for good, but he might just be happy to play out the string as a veteran AHLer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:45 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
Logical Progression wrote:
So he's just going to play in the A? Hard to imagine him cracking the Hawks roster. Perhaps coaching is in his future.

Ya never know. I'm sure he'd love another taste of NHL hockey before he has to hang 'em up for good, but he might just be happy to play out the string as a veteran AHLer.

Maybe he likes living and working in the Chicago area? Could make 150K or something.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:57 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Maybe he likes living and working in the Chicago area? Could make 150K or something.

I'll have to read the article in The Athletic that just came out on him. Apparently he felt revitalized after playing a year in Sweden.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:54 pm 
Big in Japan

Watch out for the Hawks this offseason, who I think could be a player for Panarin, Hayes or Karlsson. Their cap problems of the last few years seem to be gone: only 63M committed and no big free agents.

The Hawks, ever aggressive in the Euro market, have picked up star Czech winger Dominik Kubalik, who should make the team.

They gave their backup goalie Delia three years, but yeah, I think they'll get a strong goalie to pair with Craw.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:10 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Watch out for the Hawks this offseason, who I think could be a player for Panarin, Hayes or Karlsson. Their cap problems of the last few years seem to be gone: only 63M committed and no big free agents.

The Hawks, ever aggressive in the Euro market, have picked up star Czech winger Dominik Kubalik, who should make the team.

They gave their backup goalie Delia three years, but yeah, I think they'll get a strong goalie to pair with Craw.

Don't get me started on the Hawks, who only had to do a soft tank in order to earn the third overall pick. :chairshot:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:05 pm 
Big in Japan

Chicago use up their newfound cap space by going the trade route to improve their aging defence. They add Olli Maatta from PIT and Calvin de Haan from CAR.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:25 pm 

Why the hell did Carolina deal de Haan? He was good for them...when healthy. Did they expect him not to somehow get injured? It's kinda his M.O.

I don't get this move at all from the Canes' perspective, though I suppose I'm glad Forsling is gone from the Hawks, he was a pain for the Avs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:43 pm 
Big in Japan

Wonder if the Hawks would move Erik Gustafsson. UFA in a year, off a 60 point breakthrough. Is he worth a long term deal? Or will they sell high on a 27 year old with one good season?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:38 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
Why the hell did Carolina deal de Haan? He was good for them...when healthy. Did they expect him not to somehow get injured? It's kinda his M.O.

I don't get this move at all from the Canes' perspective, though I suppose I'm glad Forsling is gone from the Hawks, he was a pain for the Avs.

De Haan is a good player and great person. He just can't seem to stay healthy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:07 pm 
Big in Japan

Hawks not done making moves. They clear 1M or so in AAV by moving Anisimov to Ottawa for Zack Smith. Funnily enough, Smith actually gets paid more salary the final two years, so the Sens save cash while increasing their cap hit. Perfect Melnyk move.

Clears some cap space for the Hawks to make another addition. I would think Gusev but maybe one of the Ranger forwards on the block: Buchnevich or Namestnikov.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:56 pm 

https://twitter.com/CompleteHkyNews/sta ... 7281123328

Christ, what were the Wylde rookies doing? Gooning it up?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:33 pm 

Quote:
MEDICAL UPDATE: Forward Kirby Dach (concussion protocol) is out of the lineup.

Forward Philipp Kurashev (left knee/shoulder contusion) will not practice today.

Defenseman Calvin de Haan (groin strain/shoulder surgery recovery) is expected to be out of the lineup 2-3 weeks.

https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/statu ... 2334247936

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:11 am 
Big in Japan

They didn't make the big move I expected them too, but I actually like what they've done here: finally get a real goalie to work with Crawford and shore up the aging defence.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:21 pm 
Big in Japan

Brent Seabrook is officially a healthy scratch. He's not happy about it, not that I would expect him to be.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:54 pm 
Big in Japan

Dach and Boqvist both up. Too soon? The Hawks look ready to partially tear things down. That being said, not much they can do.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:50 pm 

Blackhawks announce that assistant coach Marc Crawford is officially under investigation.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:57 am 
OTP Clown

This is awesome. I am so happy to hear.theat hockey is kicking the bullies to the curb.

and all the butthurt Little snowflake bullies can't take being kicked to the curb for being bullies. Boo hoo hoo.

Live by the sword die by the sword. Asshats.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:43 pm 

https://twitter.com/realPOSULLIVAN/stat ... 3730064385

Patrick O'Sullivan wrote:
I talked about his physical abuse in my book 4 years ago kicking me and others on the bench. Verbal abuse included homophobic slurs on a regular basis. I look forward to participating in your investigation.

I mean, it's unconscionable to me for a coach to physically abuse players period, but to do it to a guy YOU FUCKING KNEW came from an abusive household!? Beyond the pale.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:30 pm 

Anyway, Chicago is suffering a few injuries and has no cap space, so as a result they had to ice a team of 11 forwards and 6 defensemen last night.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:54 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
Anyway, Chicago is suffering a few injuries and has no cap space, so as a result they had to ice a team of 11 forwards and 6 defensemen last night.

Trade Gus and Crawford to Montreal. Problem solved.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next