Todd McLellan 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Bruce Boudreau 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mike Yeo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:01 am 
OTP Historian

RW wrote:
I just have a tough time knowing that Blashil still has a job while Quenneville gets the heave-ho.

Yeah, I'm not so convinced that Blashill is the coach a rebuilding team needs and I can't say either way for a contending team. Coach/front office spending is not capped. Quite frankly, the contract status of Blashill or Holland should have absolutely zero effect on the pursuit of the coach that you want/need(Q, Trotz, etc) and Yzerman.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:06 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Don't look now but shaky goaltending, bad luck, and for whatever reason SJ's struggle to find a fit for Erik Karlsson has Peter DeBoer on the hot seat.

I think Yeo will eventually be fired. He too is being done in by shitty netminding.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:20 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

The Mike Yeo watch has mercifully come to an end....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:34 pm 
King of Men

McClellan letting Lucic run around on the top line seems to be it.........then they got beat up on Sunday as well. Hitchcock in

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:18 pm 

Another victim of shitty goaltending. Cam Talbot has imploded in a contract year. Too bad Todd didn't think to just switch to Koskinen, he might still be there if he had. In any event I think dude just plain ran out of ideas on how to get that terrible roster to click.

Doug Armstrong deserves to lose his job for the whole stunt hiring of Yeo in the first place, but he probably won't. Craig Berube gets his second shot at interim coaching, doubt he lasts past the season.

Hakstol continues to defy the odds despite the fact he's relying on a waiver-wire netminder to save his job.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:52 pm 

That's FOUR coaches already gone at the quarter mark following the first season since the Expansion Era that the league made it through the regular season without a single bench boss getting the axe.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:17 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Hitch hired as new bench boss in Edmonton. Here comes the shut down. The Oil are vying for that third playoff spot in the Pacific behind SJ and Calgary by any means necessary.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:27 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
That's FOUR coaches already gone at the quarter mark following the first season since the Expansion Era that the league made it through the regular season without a single bench boss getting the axe.

Thanks. I thought there weren't any coaches fired last year but wasn't positive. Funny what a difference a year makes.

But I wonder, in this year's count, should we include coaches who were let walk by a team in the off-season but not hired by someone else? Say, Doug Weight...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:12 pm 
Big in Japan

Randy Carlyle put out of his misery in Anaheim. GM Bob Murray takes over.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:43 pm 

In true Bob Murray fashion he manages to find the one coach who might actually be worse than Carlyle :laugh:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:23 pm 
Big in Japan

Guy Boucher fired for some reason/put out of his misery.

Marc Crawford in.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:22 pm 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Guy Boucher fired for some reason/put out of his misery.

Marc Crawford in.

Marc Crawford, everyone. Just a fantastic choice for an org going through what they are.

https://twitter.com/Sens_Army_/status/1 ... 3877815302

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:59 pm 

All but a certainty we will be seeing more turnover this offseason. Bruce Boudreau is now dead man walking after Minnesota ends their 7 year playoff appearance streak last night, and I don't think anything less than a Stanley Cup championship will save Paul Maurice in Winnipeg. Torts is probably gone in Lumbus, but most definitely gone if they don't even make the postseason, and I wouldn't necessarily bet that Hynes is safe in Jersey.

As for the interim guys (Gordon, Desjardins, and Berube) I think it's pretty obvious which one of those three is staying.

There's been rumblings that Babcock is in trouble in Toronto, but I'm not buying it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:22 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
There's been rumblings that Babcock is in trouble in Toronto, but I'm not buying it.

Is it possible he doesn't like Dubas and just leaves of his volition? With that much money on the table I would assume not, but you never know.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:42 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

Is it possible he doesn't like Dubas and just leaves of his volition? With that much money on the table I would assume not, but you never know.

Just read Custance's book Behind the Bench. Ron Wilson talks about interviewing with the Leafs after being fired by the Sharks. He didn't really want the job, but they came up with the money so he took it. Said after he was told he got it, he hung up and said "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!" because he knew everything he did would be scrutinized by the TO media. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:06 am 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

Just read Custance's book Behind the Bench. Ron Wilson talks about interviewing with the Leafs after being fired by the Sharks. He didn't really want the job, but they came up with the money so he took it. Said after he was told he got it, he hung up and said "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!" because he knew everything he did would be scrutinized by the TO media. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's awesome. Explains that whole hiring situation perfectly.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:43 pm 
Big in Japan

Boughner and Housley OUT. They were not good coaches.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:04 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Boughner and Housley OUT. They were not good coaches.

Their GMs and owners were worse.

Reading multiple reports that FLA backed up a dump truck full of money to Joel Quenneville's house and it's all but a done deal.

Read something possibly linking McLellan to the Kings, that makes sense.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:29 pm 

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/1 ... 1922123776

Quote:
Bruce Boudreau will return as coach of Wild next season. Fenton confirms. I’m told ownership has no appetite to pay him not to coach next season.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:37 pm 

So now there appears to be a bidding war for Todd McLellan between Los Angeles and Buffalo, and apparently Rob Blake may call up his old teammate buddy TONY GRANATO if they lose out on him.

Fletcher apparently hasn't decided whether Scott Gordon will continue as head coach. I'm guessing he's quite bummed his old employers retained Gabby AND the Flyers somehow got outbid by the Florida Panthers for the services of Quenneville.

And what was a done deal before apparently may not be the case--Bob Murray may not be promoting Dallas Eakins in Anaheim after all.

Ain't no way Alain Vigneault doesn't find gainful employment somewhere with all the openings available.