OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:51 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Now I may come to regret this one in due time, especially if Corey Crawford makes his way back to the crease and saves the day.

But man...these guys look terrible to start the year. Toews and Kane are doing their damndest to try and keep them afloat, and Debrincat is quite the find, but...can someone put an APB out for Brandon Saad? No idea why this guy's game has just completely imploded the last 2-3 seasons. Columbus may end up with nothing at the end of this season and still win that trade because they dumped an unproductive player earning big $$$.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:46 pm 
Big in Japan

They picked up some solid forwards in Debrincat and Schmaltz, but the defence got old in a hurry. Seabrook is done and Keith can't do it on his own anymore. Without Crawford to make them look good, this defence is as bad as it gets in the league.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:57 pm 

I thought Rutta was supposed to be good but there were some really bad blown coverages last night that had me shaking my head.

It can't be coincidence that Chicago went with defensemen with their two first rounders in this year's draft. I imagine they want Boqvist in the NHL no later than next season.

Seabrook is an amnesty buyout, no question. Just ridiculous how easy they could have avoided making such a dumb mistake, and made it anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:10 pm 

Apparently Mark Lazerus is reporting the Hawks will be altering their uniforms for 2019-20. The new Addidas jerseys came with new collars, which have been referred to as the "Veruca Salt" collars, and have been reviled by the fans since their introduction.

I'm astounded a bunch of highly-paid designers, focus groups, and other various team representatives, did not catch this.

And moreover, I get the desire to try and tweak uniform designs, but FFS, why do they keep messing with the collar!? Just make a goddamn v-neck and be done with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:20 am 
OTP Historian

"Guys...guys...hear me out. MOAR STRIPES. ALL THE STRIPES"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:38 pm 
Big in Japan

Craw hurt again and Ward has been lousy as a fallback. This team is done, and the Schmaltz for Strome trade is one I'll never get.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:04 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Craw hurt again and Ward has been lousy as a fallback. This team is done, and the Schmaltz for Strome trade is one I'll never get.

I think they just didn't want to pay Schmaltz what he was asking for. But I think Bowman is playing out the string at this point...it's only a matter of time before he gets the axe.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:03 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
I think they just didn't want to pay Schmaltz what he was asking for.

Who are you going to pay? They've been bloodletting for so long the taps are dry. Are they really going to clear the decks so they can drop 10M on Panarin? 20M on him and Bob?

Can they find takers for Murphy, Anisimov and Saad?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:21 pm 
Big in Japan

This team sucks and none of their prospects worked out, but Pat Kane is still chugging along. Second in Art Ross race with 75 points.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:30 am 
OTP Clown

Good.

Keith for Benn, Suzuki and a second...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:48 am 

Stinky wrote:
Good.

What!?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:40 pm 
OTP Clown

Pokecheque wrote:
Stinky wrote:
Good.

What!?

Seabrook for a second...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:40 pm 
OTP Clown

I'm coming up with HF style trades yo!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:36 am 
Big in Japan

Somehow the hail mary of reuniting old junior pals Dylan Strome and Alex Debrincat has worked, and the Hawks are now back in a playoff spot. What a world.

Also, Gustafsson is a scoring machine on the back end.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:18 am 

Not anymore they're not! :viking:

I cannot believe tomorrow's Avs/Hawks game is actually gonna be a big deal now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:12 pm 
OTP Clown

E.L. wrote:
Somehow the hail mary of reuniting old junior pals Dylan Strome and Alex Debrincat has worked, and the Hawks are now back in a playoff spot. What a world.

I will be in the coors lite section with my son and a buddy and his son when the hocks visit the bell centre in march.

Stoked.

:viking:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:14 pm 
Big in Japan

Stinky wrote:
E.L. wrote:

I will be in the coors lite section with my son and a buddy and his son when the hocks visit the bell centre in march.

Stoked.

For real? Let me know if you want to grab a pint or bite.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:47 pm 
OTP Clown

E.L. wrote:
Stinky wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Stoked.

For real? Let me know if you want to grab a pint or bite.

On the friday night I'll be at my buddy's ex wife's place (their son is my son's bud) She lives in the neighbourhood where Bergavin grew up.

Not sure where Andy lives.

So.

Pregame I'd love to meet you.

I'll be with Andy and two utterly pumped 9 year old boys - both of whom are born on the exact same day - September 20 2009.

Same birthday as one Guy LaFleur BTW...

Or perhaps a mid day pint that saturday...
Whatever works.

I would love to meet up though!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:05 pm 

32-year-old Kris Versteeg is eyeing a comeback, signs a two-year deal with the Rockford IceHogs (yes, they spell it exactly like that). He won the Cup with the Hawks in both 2010 and 2015.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:32 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Quote:
While he faced health issues prior to signing with Avangard Omsk in the KHL this Fall, Vertseeg was cleared to play and in 11 games in the KHL, he tallied five points. He joined Vaxjo HC of the SHL in Sweden in February and played in 12 games, tallying 11 points to finish the regular season. In seven SHL Playoff games, Versteeg added six points for Vaxjo HC.

Turning 33 in May, Versteeg’s signing with the IceHogs suggests the organization wants to have a veteran player that they trust inside the young Rockford locker room next season. This could, in turn, help guide the next crop of young talent in the AHL. With a handful of prospects already in the Rockford system and another promising group expected for the 2019-20 season, the organization looks to be investing in Versteeg to aid the development of high-priority prospects making the jump to the professional game.
So he's just going to play in the A? Hard to imagine him cracking the Hawks roster. Perhaps coaching is in his future.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next