OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:18 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Man, if kids wanted to learn how NOT to play goal, they should've tuned into that game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:43 pm 
OTP Historian

RW wrote:
...and Detroit finally registers its first win of the 2018/2019 season against the only other winless team in the NHL, the Florida Panthers. It took OT to do it as well.

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ss ... iver_index

Wow...didn't realize that Florida was winless too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:53 am 

Good heavens...one win in ten games...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:17 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
Good heavens...one win in ten games...

Quote:
@HeleneStJames
3h3 hours ago
Why the Red Wings think the next 10 games will be better than the first 10
https://t.co/CBnGnfGbK5 via @freep

Is it because they couldn't possibly be any worse? Any worse and they're bordering on historically bad.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:26 pm 

If the Wings want to take the stink of the worst regular season record of the modern era I'm more than okay with that. But I doubt it happens. That was a perfect storm of awfulness and bad luck that led to that disaster.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:22 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
If the Wings want to take the stink of the worst regular season record of the modern era I'm more than okay with that. But I doubt it happens. That was a perfect storm of awfulness and bad luck that led to that disaster.

"Modern era". Do you mean the 74-75 Capitals? Or the 92/93 Sharks and Sens? Or something post-lockout?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:41 pm 

Bosc wrote:
"Modern era". Do you mean the 74-75 Capitals? Or the 92/93 Sharks and Sens? Or something post-lockout?

Post-lockout and cap, at least that's what they appear to refer to as the league's "modern era."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:16 am 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Post-lockout and cap, at least that's what they appear to refer to as the league's "modern era."

I still think of modern era as the 67-68 expansion season, but I guess that's the expansion era...you're right in that the 05 lockout is a good starting point for comparing team W-L records/futility with 3-pointers and shootouts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:29 am 
OTP Historian

Wings take the Stars 4-2. Outshot but they won the Corsi battle.

The free curly fries if a Wing scores a hat trick has been changed to 3 Wings goals total :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:33 am 
OTP Historian

Wings pull out a 5-3 victory over the Blue Jackets. Jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first and then outshot the Jackets again in the 2nd 12-10 which is great to see. Jackets got 3 in the third but the Wings got the winner from little Bert and then an empty netter to seal the win.

Rasmussen with his first.

Larkin was dominant. 7 shots, 2 goals a shorthander and empty netter and an awesome saucer pass to Mantha for his goal.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:41 pm 

The Moveable Object met the Stoppable Force when Ryan Murray went knee-to-knee with Thomas Vanek. Surprisingly they did not simultaneously explode upon contact but it was Vanek who came away with the injury.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:01 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
The Moveable Object met the Stoppable Force when Ryan Murray went knee-to-knee with Thomas Vanek. Surprisingly they did not simultaneously explode upon contact but it was Vanek who came away with the injury.

I'm surprised that Vanek had enough speed built up to get hurt in a knee on knee. Although I guess to be fair to him just getting tangled up can be bad enough.

Vanek is so skilled with the puck. He can score in any way, still likes slap shots and fake slap shots to open up lanes. Amazing at tipping shots. He'll hold it and create something from nothing. But my god, he's so slow and not good defensively.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:04 am 
OTP Historian

Frk is back and pots the first against the Devils in a 4-3 win. The Wings have now won 3 in a row!

Longtime AHLer Wade Megan made his debut with Vanek out. AA and Nielsen sat as well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:22 pm 

Wade Megan is still the weirdest hockey name to me ever. Weirder than Frk.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:01 pm 
OTP Historian

Apaprently this was Frk's 4th game. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:05 am 
OTP Historian

Lost to the Oil over the weekend and beat the Nucks via shootout last night.

Love that Petterson slap shot. Absolute beauty..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:27 am 
OTP Historian

6-1 pounding of the Yotes. Beauty. Mantha is heating up using that awesome shot with confidence.

Loved the goal by Cholowski. He walks in, holds it for the screen and just launches it top blocker. I seem to always look and shoot top glove. I've been telling myself to stop and just try to put the damn shot low blocker. It's the hardest one to stop.

Rasmussen also tipped in a Larkin pass while down on his knees for his 3rd. Larkin at a point per game through 18 games. Athanasiou with a 7/5/12 line through 14 games now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:34 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Bosc wrote:
6-1 pounding of the Yotes. Beauty. Mantha is heating up using that awesome shot with confidence.

Loved the goal by Cholowski. He walks in, holds it for the screen and just launches it top blocker. I seem to always look and shoot top glove. I've been telling myself to stop and just try to put the damn shot low blocker. It's the hardest one to stop.

Rasmussen also tipped in a Larkin pass while down on his knees for his 3rd. Larkin at a point per game through 18 games. Athanasiou with a 7/5/12 line through 14 games now.

I usually shoot center chest. Or outer post.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:01 pm 

Zadina had a highlight-reel goal the other night for Grand Rapids. This draft is supposedly pretty rich with centers, if they end up getting that top line guy they need in order to shift Larkin down to 2nd line C this rebuild could be a lot faster than some might think.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:42 am 

Geez, Detroit, I know you suck this year but you can't beat the friggin' Sens even after getting spotted TWO PENALTY SHOTS!?!?

Also, someone tell Athanasiou not to go slow on his penalty shot/shootout attempts going forward. He's scored almost every single goal in the NHL going full speed on the break, why would you change that up? Kinda like when Brian Rolston just up and ripped it whenever he was in the shootout. Do what works!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next