OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:49 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I'm reading that this is only the latest issue regarding Hoffman...he's apparently not well-liked by anyone in the organization.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:41 am 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
I'm reading that this is only the latest issue regarding Hoffman...he's apparently not well-liked by anyone in the organization.

I could see him being a guy with a chip on his shoulder based on his career progression(might have felt overlooked for a long time), but this is insane.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:42 pm 

Well, when I think of a guy with a chip on his shoulder I think of Marty St. Louis. He obviously played with a HUGE chip, which kinda/sorta led to the public divorce between him and the Bolts during the Olympic team selection process way back when. But despite that he was still a largely well-liked and respected guy in the locker room. It really sounds like Hoffman has become persona non grata in Ottawa.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:50 pm 
Big in Japan

Some team like the Blues will pick up Hoffman for a 2nd and be happy with the on-ice results, but i can only imagine what the wives of the team that gets him will think.

"Brayden, you're coming straight home after practice."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:29 pm 

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm viewing Kris Benson's ex-wife in a more positive light than this crazy-ass b***h, and she fucking held him up at gunpoint to rob him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:58 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm viewing Kris Benson's ex-wife in a more positive light than this crazy-ass b***h, and she fucking held him up at gunpoint to rob him.

Whoah...never heard that about Benson's ex-wife. I heard that she said if she ever found out he was cheating that she would fuck his entire team, but never the gun thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:36 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Bosc wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
I heard that she said if she ever found out he was cheating that she would fuck his entire team, but never the gun thing.

Think his teammates were sending her doctored photos of him cheating? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:05 pm 
Big in Japan

Starting to think Phil Grubauer will go for a lot.

Isles, Canes, Blues, Sabres and maybe a few more teams are in the market for a no. 1. Who's out there? Hutton, Howard, Mrazek? Slim pickins.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:08 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

E.L. wrote:
Starting to think Phil Grubauer will go for a lot.

Isles, Canes, Blues, Sabres and maybe a few more teams are in the market for a no. 1. Who's out there? Hutton, Howard, Mrazek? Slim pickins.
Nilsson. Markstrom. I wish.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:29 am 
Big in Japan

To Sharks:
F Mike Hoffman
D Cody Donaghey
5th RD pick 2020

To Sens:
F Mikkel Boedker
D Julius Bergman
6th RD pick 2020

Sharks grab another troubled scorer for pennies on the dollar. In a place where Barry Bonds thrived and was a hero, California is just a chiller place when it comes to "character."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:36 am 
Big in Japan

Behold our new Cap God Doug Wilson: immediately swaps Hoff to FLA for a 2018 7th-round pick from San Jose for 2019 2nd-round pick, 2018 4th-round pick and 2018 5th-round pick.

So the Sharks dumped Bodker's deal and a low pick for a 2nd, 4th, 5th and cap savings.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:52 pm 
Big in Japan

Elliotte Friedman says 2019 UFA Artemi Panarin isn't interested in signing an extension right now so Columbus is kicking the tires on moving him. Even if he leaves as a free agent I think the Jackets owe it to themselves and their fanbase to try to win one more time with him and Bob.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:07 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Elliotte Friedman says 2019 UFA Artemi Panarin isn't interested in signing an extension right now so Columbus is kicking the tires on moving him. Even if he leaves as a free agent I think the Jackets owe it to themselves and their fanbase to try to win one more time with him and Bob.

Oof...what terrible news. They FINALLY get the elite franchise player they've wanted for so long (Rick Nash was good, but IMO was never quite that) and now they could lose him for nothing.

IMO they can't let that happen. Frankly I don't think as currently constructed they could really make a run anyway. Still too many grinders with bad contracts. They need to shit or get off the pot with Murray (the minute he's healthy TRADE HIS ASS and be done with it) and I have no idea what they're gonna do with Brandon Dubinsky. Something tells me that, whatever may happen, Jarmo ain't gonna be the GM when all is said and done.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:52 pm 

Let the speculation begin...

https://twitter.com/JeremyWGR/status/10 ... 9425250304

I've heard rumors that STL would send Colton Parayko to BUF for O'Reilly, obviously some other picks/prospects involved as well, but I guess we'll see.

If so that'll be huge for the Blues. IMO Parayko is good, not great, and ROR would be a perfect fit for what the Blooz like to do.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:50 pm 
Big in Japan

Karlsson, Pacioretty and Panarin haven't been traded yet. I feel like they will be.

Only the Sens' incompetence will keep EK in Kanata for his walk year. Gotta think it's a matter of time before they get the right offer. Vegas and Dallas clearly want him.

It's all speculation, but it certainly sounds like the Habs won't be making an offer to their captain so there's no point keeping him, then.

Panarin might stick around if CLB has even a faint hope of re-signing him, but it doesn't sound good. Even a rebuilding team like the Rangers would probably deal some good prospects away for the chance to land a franchise player of Artemi's talent.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:28 pm 

Rangers will get Panarin, it's all but inevitable at this point. That's gotta stick in the craw of Jax fans to see both of the best players in franchise history (though Jones and Werenski might change that narrative a bit) head to Broadway.

It really looks like Mark Stone is orchestrating his own exit from Ottawa, and at this point I can't see Matt Duchene sticking around.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:22 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Pokecheque wrote:
Rangers will get Panarin, it's all but inevitable at this point. That's gotta stick in the craw of Jax fans to see both of the best players in franchise history (though Jones and Werenski might change that narrative a bit) head to Broadway.

It really looks like Mark Stone is orchestrating his own exit from Ottawa, and at this point I can't see Matt Duchene sticking around.
As well as Anderson. Well at least they have Matt Tkachuk.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:08 am 

Logical Progression wrote:
As well as Anderson. Well at least they have Matt Tkachuk.

Well, it's Brady, and they technically don't have him yet...I don't see him pulling a Jack Johnson and opting to stay in school to force a trade, but I wouldn't rule it out of the realm of possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:31 pm 
Big in Japan

The Preds have their 23-man roster all signed up and still have 7.6M in cap space.

They're gonna trade for Karlsson or Pacioretty.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:53 pm 

Jeff Skinner heads to Buffalo for...Cliff Pu and a handful of picks?

https://www.newsobserver.com/latest-new ... 49295.html