OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:55 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Sbisa with the pizza delivery that costs Vegas the Cup. Well not really but that was a common occurrence in Vancouver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:08 pm 
Big in Japan

Ovi did it. I can't believe it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:59 pm 

Just read in the game summary that smith-pelley scored the tying and eller got the winner. Good for them - hard workers. And great for Ovi - he put his time in... and then some.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:18 am 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Ladies and Gents,

the 2018 Stanley Cup Finals are over. Congratulations are in order for Washington and Alex Ovechkin. This is our 16th NHL season together. I have enjoyed them all with all of you. Thank you for your friendship and love of the great game of ice hockey over the years. It's a fantastic accomplishment for our little board. I, very much, look forward to sharing our 17th season together. Peace and love,

RW (Skip)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:38 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

RW wrote:
Ladies and Gents,

the 2018 Stanley Cup Finals are over. Congratulations are in order for Washington and Alex Ovechkin. This is our 16th NHL season together. I have enjoyed them all with all of you. Thank you for your friendship and love of the great game of ice hockey over the years. It's a fantastic accomplishment for our little board. I, very much, look forward to sharing our 17th season together. Peace and love,

RW (Skip)

Right back atcha buddy!

Fun, fun season. For me this was a much-needed season of fun after the previous one damn near broke me as a fan. Wife will be quite pleased to know it's all over. :lol: She always complains that hockey season is way too long.

Congrats to Ovi. The whole "Team Putin" thing really rubbed me the wrong way but I simply could not root against the guy. And yeah, not thrilled to see Tom Wilson get to hoist the Cup either. Buuuuut...very happy for guys like Trotz, Backstrom, Beagle (who becomes the first person in history to win championships in the ECHL, AHL, and NHL), Smith-Pelly, and Holtby.

Incidentally, it was two of Vegas's truly expansion-type defensemen who cost them dearly in Game 5. Deryk Engelland takes an ill-advised pinch and launches a wrister wide of the net. All three forwards are caught deep as he does so. Puck goes the other way and Brayden McNabb, the only guy back, fails to pick up on the fact that Vrana is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open to his right. Breakaway and boom, Caps score the first goal of the game. One of the few moments this postseason Vegas actually looked like an expansion club.

Anyway, I enjoyed it thoroughly but I'm glad it's over. Now we can get ready for the draft and free agency!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:09 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Congratulations to the Caps and especially to Ovi - far overdue and well deserved. And here here to at least another 18 seasons for our little board! Hard to believe.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:58 am 
OTP Historian

Man, Ovi finally got his Cup. Great to see(despite the Putin shit). Nobody can look at him and say he didn't want it. He was completely over the moon.

Yeeeaahhhh we won the Cup yeaaaaahhhhh!!!!! Oh... BOOBIES! LOOK EVERYONE! BOOBIES!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:39 pm 
Big in Japan

I really hope the Caps winning finally brings to an end that faulty narrative that only North American players, specifically good ol' Canadian boys, win championships.

A team led by two Russians, a Swede, a Dane and no Canadian defencemen won a Cup.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:51 pm 
OTP Clown

I still hate the Putin factor.

Fuck Ovie.

Fuck Trump.

Fuck all the Oligarchs

And the Koch brothers.

I'm sharpening the guillotine and waiting for the fucking revolution bitches.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:39 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

RW wrote:
Ladies and Gents,

RW (Skip)

Agreed all around!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:41 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I must be getting old. I'm looking at Ovi and the Caps on their epic bender/tour with the Cup and I'm just getting queasy at the thought of trying to keep up. Twenty years ago I'd have been "sign me up!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:30 am 
King of Men

Ovi can party! F'n a right! :beer: