OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:06 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Close the fucking gate, Jake.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:57 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Pokecheque wrote:
Close the fucking gate, Jake.
:lol: He actually had a good game -- except for that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:25 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I hope Boeser is okay. Don't really know how the fans could blame Clutterbuck for that though. I mean, if they're just yelling because it was Clutterbuck, then fine. But he didn't do anything wrong there. He kind of threw a counter-check on a guy who was trying to check him. Not Clutterbuck's fault that Virtanen was born in a barn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:05 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
I hope Boeser is okay. Don't really know how the fans could blame Clutterbuck for that though. I mean, if they're just yelling because it was Clutterbuck, then fine. But he didn't do anything wrong there. He kind of threw a counter-check on a guy who was trying to check him. Not Clutterbuck's fault that Virtanen was born in a barn.
No one blames Clutterbuck for that. It was just unfortunate timing with the barn door. Boeser diagnosed with a soft tissue injury in his lower back (Transverse Process). Out 4-6 weeks. Done for the season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:49 pm 

He broke a piece of his back and they didn't stretcher him off!? What in the actual fuck.

Not the first time the Canucks medical staff screwed up.

https://twitter.com/MarcPDumont/status/ ... 4942123013

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:19 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Yeah, they made Mason Raymond crawl back to the bench after he broke his back during the playoffs. He was never the same after that. It's ridiculous that the medical staff is right fucking there and they didn't think he warranted a stretcher just as a precautionary measure. I just hope whoever helped Bo Horvat rehab earlier this season is on the job. 4-6 weeks is a helluva long time to watch boring-ass WD hockey.

As for JV18, last night was easily his best game (save the failure to close the door behind him). More of this new and improved JV18, please, and I'll gladly get off the "Virtanen is a bust" :bandwagon:

Leipsic better be Kesler2.0. Lots of potential so far. And I liked how that first line looked with Leipsic, Horvat and JV18. They'll need to be very good these next 4-6 weeks. :fffffuck:

Matt Barzal is the real deal. Holy fuck is that guy fun to watch.

As for Freidman, I really didn't have a problem with his reporting of the West Coast media. Let's face it, this team has been 29th overall for the last three or four seasons now. There's not been much to be positive about. I think Benning has been a fine GM as far as identifying amateur talent but his asset management has just been awful. I don't think too many teams were offering anything for Guddy; he's been awful in FLA and an unmitigated tire fire here. Likewise, I don't know that too many GMs were trying to pry Vanek away knowing how unhelpful a rental he's been after the TDL.

I love me my Sedins but I think the time is right to turn the page and move on. This team will miss their production, but I won't miss Hank's 39 year old wheels and Daniel's perimeter play. I'm all in for giving Dahlen, Petterson, Gaudette and Lind a good shot to turn this team over. Likewise, I think BenLinden should consider trading up to get Dahlin; I'd even toss in Tanev and their 1st to move up. A one-two punch of Dahlin and Juolevi to build around with Edler, Stecher, Puoliot, and Hutton. Guddy as the $4M #7 guy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:30 pm 

Logical Progression wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
No one blames Clutterbuck for that. It was just unfortunate timing with the barn door. Boeser diagnosed with a soft tissue injury in his lower back (Transverse Process). Out 4-6 weeks. Done for the season.

I've seen some hatred towards Clutterbuck on a few boards today, but I guess I should take it all with an internet sized grain of salt. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:04 am 
Chaser, Wearer of Skirts

I didn't see any fault in Clutterbuck's play. He plays hard. He always has. I thought it was just shitty timing and Boeser being outmuscled.

Barzal is amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:42 am 

farang wrote:
I didn't see any fault in Clutterbuck's play. He plays hard. He always has. I thought it was just shitty timing and Boeser being outmuscled.

Barzal is amazing.

Ok. You guys are all sane Canucks fans. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:14 pm 

Quote:
Jeers to Tyler Motte, two weeks in a row, for playing really bad, awful, no-good hockey. I hate to pick on the guy, but his poor play bears mentioning because it’s just so uniquely bad even among Canucks skaters. Since joining Vancouver, Motte owns a 39.4% share of the shot attempts at 5-on-5 when he’s on the ice, and he’s yet to register a point in his six games either
- Canucks Army

It slightly bothers me that I so enjoy seeing BenLinden getting these trade decisions so wrong. Should have traded Vanek for a draft pick, anywhere in a 3rd to 5th rounder would have been fine. Drafting is a crap shoot but the more drafts you have the better chance you have to pick up an elite player. As good as the Canucks youth and prospect pool is, it has only two probable elite players and it takes 4 or 5 to win the cup. Just trade for picks dammit Benning! Maximize your strengths (drafting) and minimize your weaknesses (trades and contract negotiations)! Every free agent pickup should have only one purpose, how likely is it that you can trade them at the deadline for picks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:08 pm 

I knew Tyler Motte wasn't good enough for the NHL but didn't know he was THAT bad.

I thoroughly enjoy @HockeyDipshit on Twitter, he routinely rips the Canucks and any fan who sings the praises of Lindenning.

Still think they might be something like Anaheim/Boston where they can make five dumb decisions and be okay because the one good move they made ends up being brilliant, be it by design or pure, dumb luck. It ultimately holds them back (Boston should have multiple Cups at this point, and IMO would have if they'd just held onto Hamilton/Seguin and traded Loose-itch away) but doesn't necessarily run them into the ground because of a steady stream of ace prospects. Of course, they're not there yet, so who knows.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:05 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Quote:
Drafting is a crap shoot but the more drafts you have the better chance you have to pick up an elite player. As good as the Canucks youth and prospect pool is, it has only two probable elite players and it takes 4 or 5 to win the cup. Just trade for picks dammit Benning! Maximize your strengths (drafting) and minimize your weaknesses (trades and contract negotiations)! Every free agent pickup should have only one purpose, how likely is it that you can trade them at the deadline for picks.
This was Ferraro's take on the Canucks as well and I agree. He adds that you need to pretty much exclusively draft speed and skilled players if you have strong scouting -- because these types of players are hardest to find. If you find that your team isn't tough enough or big enough, these players are a dime a dozen and much easier to find. Frustrating that they don't seem to be able to identify and exploit their assets as a group, Even more frustrating that they assets they possess as an organization are tailored for a proper rebuild.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:28 pm 

That game last night... :emo:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:39 pm 

Quote:
212 minutes and nine seconds. The Canucks are just twenty-two minutes away from setting a new franchise record for futility as their goal scoring woes continue. Life without Boeser hasn’t been much fun as the Canucks have dropped four straight since his injury.

Tank baby, tank!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:22 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Quote:
212 minutes and nine seconds. The Canucks are just twenty-two minutes away from setting a new franchise record for futility as their goal scoring woes continue. Life without Boeser hasn’t been much fun as the Canucks have dropped four straight since his injury.
Tank baby, tank!
For gaining like 18% chance of getting first pick? Tanking is useless. Too many teams with little chance vying for #1. Never gonna happen. In classic Canuck fashion, they'll finish 31st and drop to 4th. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:23 pm 

Logical Progression wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
Quote:
Tank baby, tank!
For gaining like 18% chance of getting first pick? Tanking is useless. Too many teams with little chance vying for #1. Never gonna happen. In classic Canuck fashion, they'll finish 31st and drop to 5th :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:10 pm 

18% chance is still better than 10% chance. And a guaranteed 4th is better than a guaranteed 5th or 6th. C'mon EL, you agreed on my reasoning for trading vets for mid round picks in the hopes of finding and elite player and tanking gives an even better chance than a 3rd rounder will. There is absolutely nothing for the team to gain by finishing 26th so hopefully they just keep on losing their way to the best shot at Dahlin.............but with the Nucks luck the Oilers will probably get the 1st pick.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:48 pm 
Big in Japan

Dahlin is a clear cut no. 1, so this year it's worth it to tank.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:16 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Dahlin is a clear cut no. 1, so this year it's worth it to tank.
Just ask Buffalo. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:58 am 

Someone pointed out that basically only two teams were completely out of it around the trade deadline last year. This year, closer to 10 teams pulled the plug on their season. Gives you an idea what organizations thought of last year's draft as opposed to this one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next