OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:10 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Hounsy wrote:
That was a sad effort last night all things considered. Playoff bubble fight and after disappointing game the night before you would expect a motivated team.

That's what is incredibly frustrating about this team. I don't know if the Tavares contract situation is a distraction or what, but half the time they look like they just don't give a fuck. Ladd was supposed to come in and be the locker room ass kicker. Well, he hasn't done shit. The team seems too comfortable with Weight. If you're winning that's a great thing. If you're losing, it means someone needs to drop a hammer on the players. It doesn't look like Weight is the guy to do that. I was hoping some of his assistant coaches could be. Luke Richardson played with an edge, but doesn't seem to coach with one. Something needs to change with this team, and it's mostly attitude. How do you not come out motivated for 2 straight games when you started those within two points of second place??? Fucking ridiculous.

Saturday is Pride night vs the BJs (insert bad joke there). I hope the Isles actually play with some pride. It will be a rarity.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:02 pm 
King of the One-Liner

The added carrot for guys that are signed past this season is you would think the stretch run of this season is the answer to tear it down or build it up. If they fizzle out I just don't see how Tavares doesn't go in search of greener grass and once he is gone how to you not start over.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:40 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
The added carrot for guys that are signed past this season is you would think the stretch run of this season is the answer to tear it down or build it up. If they fizzle out I just don't see how Tavares doesn't go in search of greener grass and once he is gone how to you not start over.

Yep. Lots of Isles fans are saying to move Tavares while they can, as Barzal is the next true star. Uhhh, why not try to keep BOTH and have TWO great centers??? :doh:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:19 am 

Halak with 46 saves in a 4-3 comeback win vs the Blue Jackets. Barzal with 2 assists. Isles are in 9th place now, tied with Philly in points & GP for WC2, but Philly has 1 more ROW. Isles are also -15 in goal diff. The last time I remember looking at that was probably early Dec and they were a plus 13.

Predators on Monday. Isles beat them 6-2 back in Oct.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:06 pm 

Snow was asked by several reporters if he will trade Tavares- he said he absolutely will NOT trade John Tavares. Art Staple is saying the Isles & Tavares have a meeting within 2 weeks. Some naysayers think it's to ask him to waive his NMC, homers think it's to sign his contract extension. Most likely, it's Tavares asking for clarification on the direction of the team's D and goalie situations.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:55 am 

Predators with a great comeback win in OT. Isles blew a 4-3 lead with 42 seconds to go in regulation. Halak was great again, with over 40 saves. He looked so incredibly pissed after the OT goal. Isles had come close to scoring in OT but just couldn't finish it.
The point gets them into WC2 by an ass hair. A win would have gotten them into WC1. The Metro is still tighter than a dolphin's asshole.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:54 pm 
OTP Historian

That Josi sauce on the OT winner was ludicrous.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:24 pm 

Bosc wrote:
That Josi sauce on the OT winner was ludicrous.

Yep. Hard to be mad at the actual goal. Just more the situation that got them there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:59 pm 

Not that Scott Mayfield is a great d-man, but he's out 4 weeks, which once again, really fucks the Isles. They played their last game with 5 D, and now one of them is out. Everyone in Bridgeport seems to be hurt. Maybe Boychuk will be back before tomorrow's game vs Buffalo? They haven't called anyone up. But this probably means more of Seidenberg, which means many more shots given up. Isles fans are hoping they leave Buffalo with Lehner. Is there a true #1 draft pick that Buffalo might be tanking for again? Maybe they'll take Greiss. :lol:

Barzal scared the hell out of everyone by not being in practice today. He was given a "maintenance day" by Weight.

Supposedly Kulemin is close to returning. He's a good defensive forward- maybe they could put him on D. haha. He'd probably do better than Seidenberg.

Isles players have admitted to playing really poor team defense lately, yet continue to do it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:37 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Not that Scott Mayfield is a great d-man, but he's out 4 weeks, which once again, really fucks the Isles. They played their last game with 5 D, and now one of them is out. Everyone in Bridgeport seems to be hurt. Maybe Boychuk will be back before tomorrow's game vs Buffalo? They haven't called anyone up. But this probably means more of Seidenberg, which means many more shots given up. Isles fans are hoping they leave Buffalo with Lehner. Is there a true #1 draft pick that Buffalo might be tanking for again? Maybe they'll take Greiss. :lol:

Barzal scared the hell out of everyone by not being in practice today. He was given a "maintenance day" by Weight.

Supposedly Kulemin is close to returning. He's a good defensive forward- maybe they could put him on D. haha. He'd probably do better than Seidenberg.

Isles players have admitted to playing really poor team defense lately, yet continue to do it.

Wings have D for you...and a second-line center you can put on your third line since you've got Tavares and Barzal...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:53 pm 
Big in Japan

Brendan Smith on waivers! Go get the Rangers' scraps!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:05 pm 

Bosc wrote:

Wings have D for you...and a second-line center you can put on your third line since you've got Tavares and Barzal...

And Mrazek... One stop shopping!

E.L. wrote:
Brendan Smith on waivers! Go get the Rangers' scraps!

:chairshot:

Snow said in a rare interview that the injuries on D aren't an excuse, they're a fact, and that's why they're out of the playoff picture right now. Are you fucking kidding me??? I know they've even had a bunch of injuries in Bridgeport (their two top D-men), but Snow didn't think going into the season with 3 rookies on D and Dennis "ancient balls" Seidenberg would be a problem??? I did. Idiot.
He also said that a little over a year ago, Halak was the best goaltender in the world. Yes he was Garth, PLAYING FOR A DIFFERENT FUCKING TEAM THAN YOUR NEW YORK ISLANDERS. He had DEFENSE on Team Europe. And 3 months later, you waived him! So explain that, fuck knuckle!

Snow also said he won't go after any rentals because it's a seller's market. So fuck it. Miss the playoffs again and hope that Hamonic/Flames draft pick is really high up! Woo. Hoo. Great fucking plan dude. I'm sure Tavares is really psyched to hear the GM say all of this.

So yeah. Buffalo tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:13 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Botta posted a total hit piece on Snow...they're still not on great terms. I think it's on SNY, too lazy to look right now.

I just saw that Halak let in 2 goals on 4 shots. Cannot believe Snow is just gonna let this thing blow up in his face and may not even face consequences as a result.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:02 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
Botta posted a total hit piece on Snow...they're still not on great terms. I think it's on SNY, too lazy to look right now.

I just saw that Halak let in 2 goals on 4 shots. Cannot believe Snow is just gonna let this thing blow up in his face and may not even face consequences as a result.

I think Mike Milbury passed on his tips for getting nude photos of the owners in compromising positions to Snow. I liked Snow for a while. Talking about it on an Isles fan page with other fans. I think the day he waived PA Parenteau was the day all the players, and me, lost faith in him. It was in favor of keeping JF Berube on the team to watch from the press box and annoy Halak in practices. I know it was really to ensure they had a 3rd stringer in case Halak went down with the classic Halakitis, but nobody was going to claim Berube. Chicago proved that.

Snow has become too reluctant to make moves, as if it is admitting his prior mistakes. The only moves he seems willing to make are getting rid of obvious busts like Reinhart. Strome wasn't a bust, but it was also obvious Eberle is better than Strome, and that one is working well in his favor. You'd think that would make him bolder, but instead he seems content to blame injuries for being in 9th place. Every team has injuries. Good GMs have the depth to cover for them, and if not, make a move to fix the leaking dam.

Red Wings tonight. I won't watch.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:07 pm 

Chris18 wrote:

Um..THAT was a mistake. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:30 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Um..THAT was a mistake. :lol:

:lol: Well, it was a bit of a cop-out statement. Miss18.1 had a varsity game that caused me to miss the whole game. They usually have NHL games on in the lobby, but they were understaffed and stressed, so I didn't ask them to put it on... I checked the score on my phone and saw it was 3-0 and was glad I wasn't watching. Reception in the rink sucks, so I couldn't check again until it was I think 5-1 (was it 5-1?). Then 5-4, and my phone wouldn't update anymore! My wife texted me saying it was a crazy game.... I was on the way home when she texted that they won. Psyched, but how the fuck can they be keeping Greiss in the NHL at this point? He needs to be sent down. This is really sad.

That said, Barzal is fucking amazing. Third 5-point game this year. As. A. Rookie. I really hope Tavares likes having him as the 2C, and it plays into his decision to stay. As that kid matures they would be incredible as the 1 & 2 for years.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:04 am 

Bottom falls out against the Flames. Blew a 2-0 lead and lost 3-2 in regulation, allowing the GWG with 1:05 to go. This team really needs to make a move for some defense and/or a better goalie. Greiss needs to be waived, because nobody is going to take him in a trade, or probably in waivers. Maybe Brathwaite's goalie coaching is trying to change something that would benefit both Halak and Greiss long term, but if that's the case it's still not working 3/4 through this year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:38 pm 

I thought for sure Tavares was gonna re-sign, but now I think he walks. I just don't know if Snow and Weight have any idea what they're doing. I read frickin' Barzal wasn't on the ice for the closing minutes of regulation with the Isles down a goal. The fuck!?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:35 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
I thought for sure Tavares was gonna re-sign, but now I think he walks. I just don't know if Snow and Weight have any idea what they're doing. I read frickin' Barzal wasn't on the ice for the closing minutes of regulation with the Isles down a goal. The fuck!?

He was BENCHED for a bad pass. Meanwhile, Dennis Seidenberg and Jason Chimera continue to play in the NHL. They have both been bad for a year now. Chimera only gets on score sheets by taking a stupid slashing or cross checking penalty in each game. Seidenberg was on the ice for THIRTY STRAIGHT OPPOSITION SHOTS last week in a single game. Fuck him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:51 am 

I almost wrote "BJs tonight!" which would be as much an unlikely scenario as the Isles winning a game they really need or making a move to shore up their D.

But yeah, they play the Blue Jackets tonight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next