OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fuck this team
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:39 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
Can't imagine Bergy getting the Lowe/Tallon treatment and being happy about it. If he gets the boot it needs to be far, far away.

I dunno...were the Habs in better shape when guys like Pierre Boivin and Ronald Corey were running the business side of things? I could probably tell you that the Leafs likely wish they had never hired Tim Leiweke (word has it he pushed for the David Clarkson signing).

Boivin brought some branding panache to the franchise after their post-Roy nadir. He was good for that. But he wanted a greater role in hockey ops and got pushed out.

The business side in Montreal is easy: if the team wins, the barn is full and you can gouge customers. If the team loses, the barn empties out in a hurry.

The thing is, the team is way more obsessed with real estate around the Bell Centre these days (they own a few adjoining condos/office towers). It's clear that's where Molson's focus is, not to mention trying to wrest F1 from Dumontier's control, getting a freebie ampitheatre the new mayor might roll back and picking a location for the new $400M Molson plant in the 'burbs.

Mayor Denis Coderre pretty much lost because of his coziness with Molson (Formula E, tax breaks etc.), so it'll be interesting to see how much of Molson's time will be spent the next four years blaming the new mayor for every little problem.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:24 pm 
OTP Clown

Molson is a parasite.

I like your new mayor very much.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:08 pm 
Big in Japan

Stinky wrote:
I like your new mayor very much.

We'll see! At the grassroots level her party is packed with loons, but she's so far done a solid job bringing those beatniks closer to reality. Montreal is going through a crazy infrastructure overhaul right now that'll only end 2020/2021, so it's only then that she'll be able to start on legacy projects, like a new metro line.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:22 am 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
I dunno...were the Habs in better shape when guys like Pierre Boivin and Ronald Corey were running the business side of things? I could probably tell you that the Leafs likely wish they had never hired Tim Leiweke (word has it he pushed for the David Clarkson signing).

Not trying to hijack, but I think it was Leiweke responsible for the Shanahan hire? Which was/is massive...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:55 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Bosc wrote:
Not trying to hijack, but I think it was Leiweke responsible for the Shanahan hire? Which was/is massive...

Was he? Interesting that he'd make that hire and then leave/be forced out. I'm reading he's head of Oak View Group, which is trying to bring the NBA back to Seattle, and hopefully bring the NHL along with as well. He was running business side of things for the Kings back when Anschutz owned them.

And yes, Shanny's proven to be a masterful hire. Davidson has been great for both the Blues and Blue Jackets as well. Lafontaine for the Sabres...not so much.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:03 pm 

Bourne had, as usual, a great analysis as to why the Habs for some reason are giving up goals in bunches. He cited the fact that Julien is sending out his best scoring forwards out right after a goal against in an attempt to strike back, but some of those guys (i.e., Drouin) are defensively inept. Furthermore, the roster is littered with forwards who aren't good away from the puck, and that's compounded by the fact that the defense ain't that great either.

Not helping matters--Bergevin flipped Torrey Mitchell to L.A. for a conditional 3rd/4th rounder.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:06 pm 
Big in Japan

Habs have dropped a few of their "rivalry" games to just regular games, meaning a drop in price. Hundreds of tickets on StubHub for each game, many in the 10-20$ range. This team is floundering on the ice and totally drowning off of it. If that doesn't ring Molson's alarm, nothing will.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:19 pm 
Big in Japan

Habs trade from Adam Cracknell, because you'd have to be on crack(nell) to enjoy this team.

Actually they've won three straight and Price has stopped 100 of 102 shots in that time...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:08 pm 

That dumbass David Schlemko nearly ruined everything. I will never understand why professional defensemen willingly check opposing players into and on top of their own goaltender.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:40 pm 

Guess the Habs should play the Wings every game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:54 am 
OTP Clown

Fuck this team.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:33 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Stinky wrote:
Fuck not getting Markov back.

Was listening to a re-broadcast of a TSN interview of Chris Higgins. Bear in mind, this was a Canucks' post-game interview, I think. He was asked who the best PP defenceman he'd ever played with was. Without hesitation, he said Danny Markov. The best he'd ever played with, hands down - Markov was already two steps ahead of everyone else on the ice and he always seemed to be ahead of the play.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:25 pm 

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Stinky wrote:
Fuck not getting Markov back.

Was listening to a re-broadcast of a TSN interview of Chris Higgins. Bear in mind, this was a Canucks' post-game interview, I think. He was asked who the best PP defenceman he'd ever played with was. Without hesitation, he said Danny Markov. The best he'd ever played with, hands down - Markov was already two steps ahead of everyone else on the ice and he always seemed to be ahead of the play.

Not to be nitpicky but you mean Andrei, not Danny, right? Montreal was one of the few teams Danny didn't play for.

But yes, it was an insanely stupid time for Bergevin to play hardball and take a gamble on an even-older Mark Streit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:06 pm 
Big in Japan

The two guys under contract for the next bajillion years, Weber and Price, have both suffered injuries this year and have attempted to play hurt. It hasn't been pretty.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:03 pm 

Geez, they're still talking about Brett Lernout's NHL debut :lol: .

Just got himself another callup with Schlemko out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:54 pm 
Big in Japan

Weber is gone indefinitely. The D looks ridiculous without him:

Petry-Schlemko-Benn-Alzner-Morrow-Jerabek

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:32 pm 
OTP Clown

Hopefully it's career ending.

Fuck this team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:33 pm 
OTP Clown

Go Leafs go.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:58 pm 
Big in Japan

Rooting for PK in Nash, Radulov in D and Serg in TB. All too good for the Molson shitshow.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:50 am 
OTP Clown

E.L. wrote:
Rooting for PK in Nash, Radulov in D and Serg in TB. All too good for the Molson shitshow.

Rooting for PK in Nashville, and all the people that Bruce has connected with as a part of MLSE

Go Bruce!

If you can be a turncoat rat bastard and become a leaf, so can I!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 45  Next