All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:47 pm 
OTP Clown

So...

Next episode?

The walkers end up south of the wall.

How?

The wall stays up.

The ice you see in the credits shows that they can just go around the wall at east watch.

In the last episode we saw walkers learning about walking on ice.

Away they go.

Mr. Giantsband dies.

These are my predictions.

:kraken:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:10 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Been listening to podcasts about this show and apparently, the aerial view (dragon's eye view) of the Undead Horde crossing the wall looks like a direwolf... Did anyone see that? I just binge-watched the entire series these last four months and this show is unparalleled.

Loved what they did to Baelish but was hoping to see Sansa off him - it's a Stark hallmark for the accuser to mete out justice no?

Also, there was mention in the books and earlier in the series of the Horn of something-er-other which was supposed to be able to take down the wall. Never saw the light of day, or at least it hasn't yet - why?

Anyone else creeped out by the Aunt Danaeris / Nephew Jon Snow hookup? No?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:01 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Someone else on Twitter put it best:

2011: Ewww, incest!
2017: Yaaaas, incest!

The way they presented it, I'm sure this is gonna get really, really messy come next season.

I only knew about the show's various characters/plotlines via articles, YouTube clips, and fan reactions, but finally sat down and watched the episodes themselves thanks to access to a friend's HBO streaming account.

And I just got done with "The Mountain and the Viper." Holy fucking shit... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Not looking forward to the two things that fans of the show have complained about the most: The mishandling of the Dorne/Sand Snake storylines and the rise of the High Sparrow, but so far this is epic, epic television.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:04 pm 

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Loved what they did to Baelish but was hoping to see Sansa off him - it's a Stark hallmark for the accuser to mete out justice no?

Well, I'm sure when Starks say (a LOT) "Tha hand that passes tha' sentence shoould swing the soord" they didn't mean for Sansa to do it. :lol: Especially since she got Arya right effing there and she's obviously much better with blades. It's fitting that Baelish ended up getting offed by his own dagger, the one that kinda/sorta started this mess to begin with.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:42 pm 

Season 6 was so good and season 7 just annoyed me. They finally started doing really stupid TV just too move the plot forward.

Example 1: The zombies chasing Bran out of the tunnel after he flees the Three Eyed Raven. They were running on the ceiling and walls at full speed. Like something out of Brad Pitts "World War Z", if they can run on a ceiling why can't they run up an ice wall?

Example 2: This one really grates me. When Jon Snow goes beyond the wall to capture a zombie they meet a bear. Wildlings get killed. What happens when a human gets killed by a zombie, they turn into zombies. Mission completed. Tie up a dead body and head for home but nope they have to move forward and temp the whole zombie army and lose a dragon in the process.

The story lines are definitely lesser and at time aggravatingly stoopid now that they have left GRRM's books behind. And when was the last time they killed off anyone we cared about. GRRM had no hesitation about killing Ned and Rob, that made the story unexpected and captivating.

Too invested in the series too quit now but if it been this way in the first couple seasons I'd never have gotten this far.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:29 pm 

Just finished season 5, probably the worst one of the 5 I've seen thus far. Still enjoyable, but overall the narrative suffered with no real central villain. The invasion of the medieval puritans has been a big drag as well. Also...the Sand Snakes suck every bit as bad as I've been warned.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:57 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Fogghorn wrote:
Season 6 was so good and season 7 just annoyed me. They finally started doing really stupid TV just too move the plot forward.

It really think this is a consequence of the show being such a runaway success, and GRRM's lazy ass... They caught up and passed the books long ago. But from what we've been told, he has consulted with the show's producers for the final chapters of this series. For me, it was very unfortunate that Season 7 seemed to pass by at warp speed.

Fogghorn wrote:
Example 1: The zombies chasing Bran out of the tunnel after he flees the Three Eyed Raven. They were running on the ceiling and walls at full speed. Like something out of Brad Pitts "World War Z", if they can run on a ceiling why can't they run up an ice wall?

This may have no relation to the TV series but in the books, the Wall is supposed to be imbued with magic that was intended by its builders to prevent the White Walkers from ever crossing. The Horn of Something-or-Other was hinted to be the one thing that could bring down the Wall but it was never introduced on the show (or if it was, it was summarily glossed-over). I believe Beric and his merry band were supposed to have brought it to the Wall.

The Ice Dragon (Viserion?) I guess is supposed to take the place of Horn and take the Wall down.

Fogghorn wrote:
Example 2: This one really grates me. When Jon Snow goes beyond the wall to capture a zombie they meet a bear. Wildlings get killed. What happens when a human gets killed by a zombie, they turn into zombies. Mission completed. Tie up a dead body and head for home but nope they have to move forward and temp the whole zombie army and lose a dragon in the process.

Didn't they decide to burn the bodies of the dead? But your solution makes a lot more sense for sure. However, there was the recent revelation that when a White gets killed, the zombies he created become truly dead undead. I wonder if that is also true of zombies down the line; that when the zombie bear is killed off, then the people it killed (and perhaps make undead) can no longer become undead and just stay dead.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:24 pm 

"I'm waiting for an old friend."

Hell yah, Bran. What a great final scene to kick things off. Jaime looked downright spooked.

Lines appear to be drawing. This is not gonna end well.

My prediction: Samwell Tarly ascends to the Iron Throne. Longshot, but I just feel like it won't be any of the "contenders" because Martin loves to throw off expectations (and yes, I know he's no longer involved in the day-to-day goings-on about the show, but he did reveal to the showrunners how he thought it should end).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:24 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
"I'm waiting for an old friend."

Hell yah, Bran. What a great final scene to kick things off. Jaime looked downright spooked.

Holy fuck was that scene ever great. Also...nobody noticed the Kingslayer after he took his hood off?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:43 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Okay that was such a good episode for a not spending the budget yet episode. All of them think they are about to die, we think anyone can die and the performances where just fantastic.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:55 am 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Okay that was such a good episode for a not spending the budget yet episode. All of them think they are about to die, we think anyone can die and the performances where just fantastic.

During the Brienne knighting scene I said to my wife "Can you imagine if Jamie just took her head off right here?"

She was not happy I said that. Made up for it after when I said "And nobody has been more deserving".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:02 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Bosc wrote:
She was not happy I said that. Made up for it after when I said "And nobody has been more deserving".

Should of said that during the Arya and Gendry scene. :aaaaa:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:11 pm 
King of Men

Just got caught up so I can participate. Raygar is the Night King...he's got to be.

I also think Danny sacrifices herself for John at some point. Or he has to kill her when she turns blue.....real dramatic like......WWWWWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY!

Lots of well developed characters are going to die on Sunday! Place your bets!

Bran is just creepy randomly appearing in his chair....in the courtyard, near a tree....how does he get there? No one knows!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:50 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Ummm after a little opening stuff that was more or less a one hour battle scene.

Wow can't believe they are having Cersei be the final boss. think they have that part backwards....BUT that does not change how epic that episode and the season till now has been.

But where do they go now?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:57 am 

I don't even think Cersei is the "Final Boss" per se. There's still a lot of twists and turns yet to come I think.

Something tells me that there must always be a "Night King" of some sort. And it's going to either be Jon or Danaerys.

I had to watch right after the Avs game because spoilers were just flooding across Twitter. Couldn't afford any more.

Awesome that Arya's the one who ends up saving the day, though how in the world is the army any match for whatever Cersei has now is beyond me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:01 am 
King of the One-Liner

Hounsy wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:
Bad ass Arya is getting played by littlefinger and spooking Sansa. I hope she kills everyone.

Arya is being built as the killing machine. Now a super assassin with a Valyrian Steel dagger, she has a date with the Night King in the future is my guess. Littlefinger is toast before the season is over as I think ultimately it will be him underestimating her.

But who knows the show suddenly seems reluctant to off significant characters.

In case it doesn't happen in the show here you go....

http://i.imgur.com/KXy0gyv.gifv

Hey I did pretty good. Have no idea how the rest goes though....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:03 pm 
King of Men

I was a bit disappointed in that episode. After building up this damn night king thing for so long..its over......no explanation....just done. An ineffectual Jon Snow (by design apparently), a prolonged scene with Arya in the damn hall....I get the point just seemed way too drawn out. I don't care that it was dark...I just turned the lights off. I am assuming the Red Witch was one of those original forest people or what not. 4 memorable death scenes to characters they could afford to lose. I've watched it twice now to make sure I was grabbing the right vibe and then I rewatched the Red Wedding and Hold the Door.

It seems there has been quite the drop off in story since we surpassed the books...i'd love to see him go a totally different way then what gets played out in the show.

Don't get me wrong it was still cool as hell....The Dothraki disappearing was awesome. Just a little lacking on closure.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:34 pm 

Jerome Flynn, who plays Bronn, says his fan-favorite status may be in a bit of jeopardy once everything is said and done. Now I'm scared since so many major characters made it through the Battle of Winterfell. I'm guessing he takes out at least one major character.

Somewhat disappointed poor Theon won't get a chance to shove an axe head into Euron's skull, but I suppose that's Yara's fight to win or lose. He found his redemption, as did Ser Jorah.

I don't understand how they even got a chance against the Queen's army now that they have, like, maybe 8 Dothraki, 20 Unsullied, a handful of Northerners/Wildlings, and two really banged-up dragons.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:43 pm 
King of the One-Liner

They have the Super Assassin. Since Joffery she has been the one actually taking out the big enemies with Walder and the rest of the Freys, Little finger, and now the Knight King. Yeah Jon and Daenerys will put on a good show trying to make it happen but Arya will end up being the fixer...that or one of Cercei's brothers.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:57 pm 
King of Men

oh yeah that's right Cersei sent Bronn after Jamie and Tyrion. I was surprised that so many characters made it through that battle as well. But I guess there is only so much time for proper death sequences.

Don't George Lucas this!