OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Rebuild
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:52 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
AA is threatening to bolt for the KHL

https://sports.yahoo.com/red-wings-andr ... soc_trk=tw

I'd offersheet that kid in a NY minute.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:58 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I don't understand how 30 other NHL teams wouldn't offer sheet him. It wouldn't even take that much. I was just reading that Athanasiou is as productive as a top line forward but does so with 3rd/4th line minutes and linemates.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:50 pm 
Big in Japan

The NHL is so knee-deep in collusion right now I wouldn't put it past them that they're all fudging the books to keep the cap down.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:07 pm 

E.L. wrote:
The NHL is so knee-deep in collusion right now I wouldn't put it past them that they're all fudging the books to keep the cap down.

Sorry dude, but have you seen some of the contracts given out this summer? I think offer sheeting is just "frowned upon", like masturbating on an airplane.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:08 am 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
I don't understand how 30 other NHL teams wouldn't offer sheet him. It wouldn't even take that much. I was just reading that Athanasiou is as productive as a top line forward but does so with 3rd/4th line minutes and linemates.

The knock on him is that he doesn't drive possession and isn't really a passer.

Well, you can do stuff with goal scorers who have that kind of speed and the hands to keep up.

Man, if the Wings lose him to the KHL...this situation isn't all that comparable to Hudler a few years ago. This team sucks. That team didn't. Fucking sign him already, move someone, whatever.

If only Holland had had a shitton of extra picks to use to move a bad contract...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:06 pm 
Big in Japan

Quote:
@DarrenDreger
Andreas Athanasiou in ongoing discussions with KHL teams. Unless something shifts in Detroit, indications are Athanasiou will jump to KHL.

So dumb.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:27 am 
OTP Historian

AA is still not signed. Who the fuck needs a young, exciting, cheap goal scorer when you can't score goals?

What a fucking donkey show.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:43 pm 

I think the other 30 GMs are much more foolish than Holland because they refuse to offer sheet Athanasiou. It wouldn't take much. But this weird-ass "Bro-Code" is preventing them from doing so.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:15 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Pokecheque wrote:
Collusion is right......

Offer sheets are bullshit. It's a boys club - nobody will do it because they don't want it done to themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:24 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Z1wjHttj0

Sounds like a mess in the Big D.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:24 am 

You suck Mrazek.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:08 am 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
You suck Mrazek.

You have him in a pool or something? First goal was just a ridiculous pinball, can't fault him at all for it. The second was a perfect one-timer by Seguin on the PP. 3rd one yeah, should have had it, but a stupid breakdown by the Wings. They got killed in the first 2 periods.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:33 am 
King of the One-Liner

Bah, bad goaltending can be a wonder for a rebuilding team wanting a couple of high picks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:58 pm 

Bosc wrote:
You have him in a pool or something? First goal was just a ridiculous pinball, can't fault him at all for it. The second was a perfect one-timer by Seguin on the PP. 3rd one yeah, should have had it, but a stupid breakdown by the Wings. They got killed in the first 2 periods.

Nope, I'm not in any fantasy leagues this year...kinda refreshing to not be looking at hockey through that lens for the first time in a decade-plus.

I agree he had no chance on that Seguin shot, but the Janmark goal was just awful. I suppose he wasn't expecting him to reach past the Wings defender and get a shot off but it was still a bad goal to give up.

Someone on Twitter (was it Iyer?) completely roasted Ericsson. Mrazek may not actually suck, but he does.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:30 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Nope, I'm not in any fantasy leagues this year...kinda refreshing to not be looking at hockey through that lens for the first time in a decade-plus.

I agree he had no chance on that Seguin shot, but the Janmark goal was just awful. I suppose he wasn't expecting him to reach past the Wings defender and get a shot off but it was still a bad goal to give up.

Someone on Twitter (was it Iyer?) completely roasted Ericsson. Mrazek may not actually suck, but he does.

Yeah, Ericsson is pretty bad. Funny enough though, when there were rumours last year of Fowler getting dealt...Fowler's advanced numbers were bad. Very comparable to Ericsson, I believe.

Iyer is excellent. I'm glad he's freelancing for the Athletic.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:06 am 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Bosc wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Yeah, Ericsson is pretty bad. Funny enough though, when there were rumours last year of Fowler getting dealt...Fowler's advanced numbers were bad. Very comparable to Ericsson, I believe.

Iyer is excellent. I'm glad he's freelancing for the Athletic.

Ericsson has been awful for the past few years. I didn't see much of the Dallas game but Ericsson was the one who gave away the puck at our own blue line when he had an easy clearing pass the other night in Ottawa which led to the tying goal being scored late in the 3rd. To top that, we're stuck with him with a NTC, at $4.25 million a year for the next 3 years.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:22 pm 

How much am I procrastinating? I checked "Eklund's" site. He says the Isles are the team most likely to obtain AA. Not that anyone would do it anyway, but could AA still get an offer sheet? Or would he have to be traded for? (Okay, claimed if waived is possible too, although unlikely of there's any trade market at all). Other teams are interested as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:39 am 

Chris18 wrote:
How much am I procrastinating? I checked "Eklund's" site. He says the Isles are the team most likely to obtain AA. Not that anyone would do it anyway, but could AA still get an offer sheet? Or would he have to be traded for? (Okay, claimed if waived is possible too, although unlikely of there's any trade market at all). Other teams are interested as well.

Yep he can be offer sheeted. In fact it was an offer sheet that ended the Avs/O’Reilly impasse a few years back.

Of course the offer sheet threat becomes moot if he starts playing overseas. Flames forgot that rule and it would’ve cost them dearly had Colorado not matched.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:43 am 

Well it appears reports of the Wings’ demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Detroit the first team to actually make the Golden Gila Monsters look like an expansion team.

Larkin looking much better to start this year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:54 am 
Big in Japan

Quote:
@FriedgeHNIC 21s22 seconds ago
More
Signs the DET/Athanasiou stalemate is coming to an end. 1 year deal most likely

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next