OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:28 am 
OTP Historian

Subbed in net last night for my winter team's captain's summer league team. Probably my best game of the summer so far.

Shannon Moulson, Matt's sister and Toronto Furies pro in the CWHL, plays for the team we were playing against. She good. Good skater and makes good, smart plays with the puck. Don't know if it was because her voice was distinct but she doesn't stop talking on the ice. At all.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:41 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Bosc wrote:
Subbed in net last night for my winter team's captain's summer league team. Probably my best game of the summer so far.

Shannon Moulson, Matt's sister and Toronto Furies pro in the CWHL, plays for the team we were playing against. She good. Good skater and makes good, smart plays with the puck. Don't know if it was because her voice was distinct but she doesn't stop talking on the ice. At all.

Stereotypes... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:12 am 
OTP Historian

After a rough start to the summer, had been on a roll lately. Last night managed to get 3 shots off of soft spots with no padding - the wrist between my arm and glove cuff, lower thigh and then one found it's way right square off of the top of the knee. That one stung as much as any shot I that I can remember. Might be time to get some decent knee protection.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:15 pm 

Bosc wrote:
After a rough start to the summer, had been on a roll lately. Last night managed to get 3 shots off of soft spots with no padding - the wrist between my arm and glove cuff, lower thigh and then one found it's way right square off of the top of the knee. That one stung as much as any shot I that I can remember. Might be time to get some decent knee protection.

How the hell do you play goalie without knee protection? Crazy bastard.

I got slew footed the other night and hit the back of my head so hard I was seeing stars. Checked my helmet for cracks. None, and no concussion, but that shit hurt. And it's certainly not because I'm so good... Guy is just pissed he's getting older and is losing his abilities. He used to be a normal guy and is turning into a really dirty fuck. Too old to pummel though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:51 pm 

Me, describing a team mate to a mutual friend: "He's a really nice guy."
Mutual friend "Is he any good?"
Me "He's a really nice guy."
Mutual friend "He talks like he's Gretzky."
Me "Funny, that's his nickname."

We had to switch jerseys the other night due to both teams being yellow. Goalie had all the jerseys from another team he's captain for, which were red. We gave said Gretzky #69. His reaction "ohhhhhhh hell no! I might not be that good, but I'm not enough of a dick to wear 69. No fucking way. I'm wearing another red jersey I've got in my bag..." :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:39 am 
King of the One-Liner

Yeah never be number 69 guy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:06 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Never have before, might pick something up now.

The guys who play without a throat dangler...now that's insane.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:19 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:

She's only playing U10, but my daughter can't see the puck when she's got a dangler on. Wondering if I'm putting it too tightly to her mask.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:45 pm 

Older daughter played with my team again since we had such a short bench. First shift a guy plowed her over along the boards. I went flying in, about to knock him into next week when he turned around with his arms up yelling apologies to anyone in our jersey. She got up laughing and skated away.
She had 1 assist. I had 2. Phew!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:58 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:

She's only playing U10, but my daughter can't see the puck when she's got a dangler on. Wondering if I'm putting it too tightly to her mask.

Is her chest protector pushing it up?

I'll take a picture of mine for you for reference.

Speaking of...younger bro subbed for older bro against us in a playoff game. I don't think he was wearing one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:22 am 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Is her chest protector pushing it up?

I'll take a picture of mine for you for reference.

Speaking of...younger bro subbed for older bro against us in a playoff game. I don't think he was wearing one.

I don't know- she hasn't worn it in months. But she's announced that she doesn't want to be a goalie anymore. Kind of bummed that she's saying it after I bought everything, but I guess it's a LOT better to find out now than mid-season.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:56 am 
King of the One-Liner

Not returning to league play and likely done with Tourneys. Just need to find tourny team to find a capable 35 or even 40+ goalie which can be a challenge. Will just be playing pickup once a week this year and it is a health based decision. Between wanting to manage my heart rate on the ice and the constant injuries from hockey that end up keeping me from the gym it seems a reluctant but necessary thing to do.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:33 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
Not returning to league play and likely done with Tourneys. Just need to find tourny team to find a capable 35 or even 40+ goalie which can be a challenge. Will just be playing pickup once a week this year and it is a health based decision. Between wanting to manage my heart rate on the ice and the constant injuries from hockey that end up keeping me from the gym it seems a reluctant but necessary thing to do.

Your long term health is way more important. Hope you find something to keep you on the ice though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:43 am 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:

Damn, sorry to hear that Hounsy, but as Chris said hopefully you find something to keep you on the ice. Hope all is well with the ticker.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:28 am 
OTP Historian

Looks like Haydar will be playing in our league this year. That'll be a shitshow when I'm on the ice on D...or in net :shock: He retired from pro hockey due to MS.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:32 am 
OTP Historian

Bosc wrote:
Looks like Haydar will be playing in our league this year. That'll be a shitshow when I'm on the ice on D...or in net :shock: He retired from pro hockey due to MS.

Welp, played in net last night and we won 4-3. Haydar clearly isn't trying hard. He started to pick it up a bit in the 3rd when they were down but we held on for the win. Felt really good. 2nd win in a row subbing in.

They lost their best guy besides Haydar when he got cut by an accidental high stick by one of our best guys. Our guy was tossed 5+game, but the other guy chucked his helmet at ours and got 4 minutes and didn't return. This was also while we were already 2 guys in the box for a minute 5-on-3.

First goal was a screen wrister high glove. Second was a one-timer on said 5-on-3. Third was a 2nd or 3rd shot that somehow squeaked under me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:57 pm 
He of the red stockings

harmfuljays wrote:
What skate hollow do you guys use?

Switched from a round hollow (deep ) to a flat hollow a few years back and never looked back....I'll never never go back to a round hollow

How the hell have you gentlemen been doing? :beer:

Well, off to hockey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:35 am 
OTP Historian

Holy shit, it's Hipcheck! 4 years later! hey!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:54 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Wow, a blast from the past!

Did not know that about Darren Haydar. Reportedly his short stint in the Avalanche organization was an utter disaster.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:26 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Holy shit, it's Hipcheck! 4 years later! hey!

Keep waiting this long to come back and someone will be named HipReplacement after a few more posts!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next