(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:35 am 
Big in Japan

:steamingpileofcrap:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:37 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Congratulations to the Penguins and fans on back to back Cups. A hard fought, well earned victory.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:40 am 
Big in Japan

I don't know why I hate the Pens so much.

Crosby is as talented as he is vanilla off the ice. Malkin is an all-timer. Phil is Phil.

Hollywood Hainsey was the best dman in a Cup clinching game in 2017. Insane.

And yet I'm so annoyed that they won again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:56 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Never been a huge Pens fan - but hats off to Lemieux and the entire Penguins organization. Experience and poise carries the day. This crew knows what it takes to win a championship.

Was not too impressed with the booing by Preds fan after the Cup was presented to Crosby, nor the ongoing incessant Hillbilly Jim act and catfish toss throughout game. Or chanting at Murray when he's pitching a shutout.

Alas - not the best SCF in history yet not the worst.

Until next year......

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:22 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Chris18 wrote:
I hope the Preds take it, but doubt it.

I say Pens in 6. But again, I hope I'm wrong.

Mad to have been right. Oh well. Hopefully the Pens lose Murray to Vegas.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:28 am 
King of Men

Thank God that's over.........now on to the draft!

Excellent clips to end this:

This about sums it up....some angry guy yelling at Mike Milbury....pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G388xLiCAQQ

And then there is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FOyb74IVOI

I don't get filling an arena when the team isn't there to pay $10 a beer and stand in line at the pisser.......guess I just don't like people that much.

Then there is this guy who clearly does not like people either....nor does he like hockey....but the man said he needed to report on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnr7STh2TZU

Clearly he matches my gives 2 fucks level for this final as well. Bravo news anchor guy who took one for the team!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:28 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
I hope the Preds take it, but doubt it.

I say Pens in 6. But again, I hope I'm wrong.

Mad to have been right. Oh well. Hopefully the Pens lose Murray to Vegas.

They won't. But they'll likely lose Nick Bonino to free agency, so...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:21 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

I am not bothered that Pittsburgh won. I rather expected it although I was rooting for Nashville. I did enjoy the hockey for the most part during this series. Pittsburgh really is the best team at the moment and the most deserving of accomplishing the feat of winning the Stanley Cup back to back for the first time in 19 years. I have become a bigger fan of Crosby over the years mostly because I spent my time, at games I attended, watching only him. I used to do the same thing with Nick Lidstrom. I do my best to keep an eye on him on televised games. He is most certainly an all time great. Malkin just still amazes me. That said, on to next year.

As a side note, because the number of teams on the bottom band will be filled up by Pittsburgh this year. Next year, after the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs, all time greats from the 1950's and early 1960's such as Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsay, Maurice "Rocket" Richard and Bobby Hull will no longer be on the cup. Their ring will be removed and placed permanently on display at the Hockey Hall of Fame. Sigh... I feel old. There goes part of my childhood. It doesn't seem right not to have Gordie Howe and Rocket Richard on the Cup. They should be on the Stanley Cup forever.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2017/06/12/gordie-howes-name-disappear-stanley-cup/102781434/

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/no-rocket-richard-or-gordie-howe-on-the-stanley-cup-it-s-about-to-happen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:03 am 

RW wrote:
I am not bothered that Pittsburgh won. I rather expected it although I was rooting for Nashville. I did enjoy the hockey for the most part during this series. Pittsburgh really is the best team at the moment and the most deserving of accomplishing the feat of winning the Stanley Cup back to back for the first time in 19 years. I have become a bigger fan of Crosby's over the years mostly because I spent my time, at games I attended, watching only him. I used to do the same thing with Nick Lidstrom. I do my best to keep an eye on him on televised games. He is most certainly an all time great. Malkin just still amazes me. That said, on to next year.

As a side note, because the number of teams on the bottom band will be filled up by Pittsburgh this year. Next year, after the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs, all time greats from the 1950's and early 1960's such as Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsay, Maurice "Rocket" Richard and Bobby Hull will no longer be on the cup. Their ring will be removed and placed permanently on display at the Hockey Hall of Fame. Sigh... I feel old. There goes part of my childhood. It doesn't seem right not to have Gordie Howe and Rocket Richard on the Cup. They should be on the Stanley Cup forever.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2017/06/12/gordie-howes-name-disappear-stanley-cup/102781434/

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/no-rocket-richard-or-gordie-howe-on-the-stanley-cup-it-s-about-to-happen

I was wondering what happened when it got too large. I think I'd rather see two cups and always have the names and history on the ice then have the ring sent off to HHoF.