OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 152  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Thoughts
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:25 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Bosc wrote:
Leila(just turned 2 in Feb) comes up the stairs without her Mom. "I just want to play with bracelets with you daddy." We grab the bracelets and go back downstairs. "I have to go back up and work."

"You can come downstairs and play with us Daddy. Anytime you like."

She understands working from home pretty well I guess :lol:

That's awesome. But I can't believe your kid is 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:43 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Leila(just turned 2 in Feb) comes up the stairs without her Mom. "I just want to play with bracelets with you daddy." We grab the bracelets and go back downstairs. "I have to go back up and work."

It still feels a little crazy to see a kid walking around and talking. And now there's a 2nd.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:22 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:

It still feels a little crazy to see a kid walking around and talking. And now there's a 2nd.

It only gets stranger! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:16 am 

Need sleep. Can't sleep. Really need sleep. Really can't sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:39 am 
King of the One-Liner

Can see the moons of Jupiter right now with binoculars in my mid sized city back yard, recommend taking a look if you have any binoculars accessible. I have a set of large aperture binoculars meant for sky gazing so can nicely spot four of them, but they should be visible with most if not all binoculars for the next few weeks I would think. Tons of free phone apps that can show you where to look I am using solar system scope.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:44 am 
Queen of the Random Thought

Every other Friday I leave work at 2pm. Usually it's over before I know it. Today it's going soooooooo slooooooooowwwwwww. :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:31 pm 
King of Men

Chris18 wrote:

This tends to happen in your 40's! You are not alone.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:11 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

What doesn't go bad in the 40s? Can't see shit. Can't sleep. Look at food & I put on 2 pounds. Every joint hurts. Every injury I ever had comes back to remind me of it. Fuck this. I want a recall!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:59 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Chris18 wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

What doesn't go bad in the 40s? Can't see shit. Can't sleep. Look at food & I put on 2 pounds. Every joint hurts. Every injury I ever had comes back to remind me of it. Fuck this. I want a recall!

Just wait... the 40's are a breeze, the 50's aren't too bad either. 60, that's when the shit really hits the crapper.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:34 pm 

RW wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Just wait... the 40's are a breeze, the 50's aren't too bad either. 60, that's when the shit really hits the crapper.

So I've got that to look forward to. No wonder old guys yell at kids for anything they do. GET OFF MY LAWN!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:34 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

The bad news is my old man has a litany of health issues at nearly 74 but for the most part took pretty good care of himself during his youth. I haven't done shit to take care of myself and am now months away from 40. I'm lucky I've lasted this long.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:36 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

One thing I did find amusing--I was in line to purchase something at Walgreens (yes, we old-timers sometimes shop at Walgreens, GFY) and the cashier's teenage daughter came in, and it wasn't until right then that I realized just how fucking insufferable teenagers can be. She was whiny and entitled but it really wasn't that different than the shit I and people I knew back then used to say. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:03 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
One thing I did find amusing--I was in line to purchase something at Walgreens (yes, we old-timers sometimes shop at Walgreens, GFY) and the cashier's teenage daughter came in, and it wasn't until right then that I realized just how fucking insufferable teenagers can be. She was whiny and entitled but it really wasn't that different than the shit I and people I knew back then used to say. :lol:

It sucks when you start noticing things like that. You realize you're getting old and will soon be saying things like "kids today..." with all seriousness. :fffffuck:

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:34 pm 
Queen of the Random Thought

Captain & Coke cupcakes for my friend's bday turn out really good if I do say so myself.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:41 pm 

Trying to work on my thesis. Pretty sure my wife typed "music to annoy the living shit out of Chris" into Google, and as usual, Google is spot-fucking-on. :chairshot:

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:18 pm 

Got the usual donation request letter from a college I had attended. I only opened it to tear it up, and karma got me. Paper cut that probably reached my inner soul. I've had some really gnarly injuries over the years from various things. Envelope edge paper cuts hurt far worse. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:07 am 
OTP Historian

Sold a chair on Kijiji that we didn't need anymore. The girl who bought it was in love with the thing. I just wanted it out of the way. Makes me happy that someone who loves it that much got it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:52 pm 

That moment when you can suddenly breathe after blowing your nose, but you check the tissue and it's totally empty. Where is it? Shirt? Upper lip? Eye brows? WTF???

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:49 pm 
OTPoliceman

Anniversary today, been married 39 years. :o

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:25 pm 
Chaser, Wearer of Skirts

drl perfect III wrote:
Anniversary today, been married 39 years. :o

Congratulations!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 152  Next