OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:59 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Bosc wrote:
Scott, Bruce, any nights work for you getting together soon? I'm out Thursday the 8th, but Mon-Wed work, and so does any Mon-Thurs the following weeks.

Pick a night amongst those, but not Thursday the 15th.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:15 am 
OTP Historian

Sorry, work has been nuts lately so I haven't been able to settle on a date to propose a meetup.

Bruce, have you been to Wvrst yet? Great spot.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:36 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Bosc wrote:
Sorry, work has been nuts lately so I haven't been able to settle on a date to propose a meetup.

I have not. This week work at all? Wednesday works best.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:39 am 
OTP Historian

scratchham wrote:
Bosc wrote:

I have not. This week work at all? Wednesday works best.

Wednesday should be good. West end? Downtown will be pretty nuts for the Jays game? Wvrst is King/Bathurst and is busy enough, I imagine it'd be insanely busy before a Jays game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:53 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Didn't mention it before but the wife was actually up in Comox for over two weeks at a retreat to try and get her mental and physical health back on track. She spent the night in Richmond and unfortunately didn't make it into Vancouver for a quick meal. Stupid tram didn't take her card for some reason.

It was a quick stay and for obvious reasons did not want it known publicly so I kept my mouth shut (keyboard too) but in hindsight I should've at least asked if someone nearby was available to show her some awesome Asian cuisine (she's a big Pad Thai fan, it's mostly the only thing she ever orders at Thai restaurants).

One of these days I'm gonna make it up there. She made some friends who are locals and we've already talked about taking in a game. If the damned ball ever starts rolling I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Heading to Puerto Vallarta next month.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:05 am 
Big in Japan

Just spent a couple of days in Toronto. Mostly to visit my gf's sister, who lives in the Junction and couldn't make it to MTL for Thanksgiving this year.

Also caught up with a friend in The Beaches, ate a sorry excuse for a burrito at Playa Cabana and watched the Giants blow another one at a bar called Dock Ellis with Bruce.

Still don't love Toronto, even though a lot of people I like live there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:18 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Are any of you guys in/near Ottawa? I'll be in Heuvelton, NY on Wednesday evening.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:42 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Are any of you guys in/near Ottawa? I'll be in Heuvelton, NY on Wednesday evening.

Jyrki is. He's not really on here though. You could reach out to him on facebook.

E.L.'s in Montreal, about an hour longer than Ottawa it appears.

You're only a 40 minute drive from where my grandmother used to live across the river in Morrisburg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:18 pm 
Big in Japan

Yeah, sorta close but not really. I'll be working late Wednesday so I won't be able to drive down. (It's about two hours away, a little less even.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:40 pm 

Oh well. Figured I'd ask since I'm up that way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:31 am 
King of the One-Liner

Doing Orlando week of the New Year. Renting a house with two other families, just doing Universal for sure as I am surrounded by Harry Potter nuts may make a Disney day but not committed. Hoping there is a Rocket launch of some sort that week at Cape Canaveral while I am down but doubt it being Holiday season so likely just a theme park vacation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:14 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
Doing Orlando week of the New Year. Renting a house with two other families, just doing Universal for sure as I am surrounded by Harry Potter nuts may make a Disney day but not committed. Hoping there is a Rocket launch of some sort that week at Cape Canaveral while I am down but doubt it being Holiday season so likely just a theme park vacation.

My wife & older daughter are trying to rush our younger one through the Harry Potter books so we can go there without spoiling anything. :lol:

Disney is actually pretty cool. Epcot is okay. I wasn't overly impressed with it. Other than the food in the international section.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:27 pm 
King of the One-Liner

I like Epcot more than Disney world, but both where good.

May try and go to Hollywood Studios for a day just for the Star Wars stuff with my son, but will decide that on the fly and see how much the crowds at Universal drive us nuts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:39 pm 
OTP Historian

I love the shit out of Space Mountain.

Have a great time! Great people-watching there, too :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:19 pm 

Bosc wrote:

There sure is! My wife wanted to just hang out and watch all the nuts going by.
Saw one lady who kept changing her daughter to match every Disney princess they met, so she could get a photo with the princess. Fucking weird. I mean- strip the poor little girl to her drawers in public & change her dress to a Halloween costume of said princess. Fruitcake!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:35 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Saw one lady who kept changing her daughter to match every Disney princess they met, so she could get a photo with the princess. Fucking weird. I mean- strip the poor little girl to her drawers in public & change her dress to a Halloween costume of said princess. Fruitcake!

I'll quote my story about Disney that I posted 3 years back(10 pages back here).

Bosc wrote:
Hounsy wrote:
Kids are getting really excited so that is great. Looking forward to watching them have fun, but not sure what the over under is on my personal days I go before I'd rather be home again is. :laughcry:

Gotta do some people-watching while you're there. Disney is pretty great for that, probably more so than Niagara Falls. Saw something incredible there once with my Dad . Kid's Mom is wearing a tshirt that is way too small and letting her ample belly hang out. Kid walks up and buries his face in it and starts blowing making farting noises. Mom does not flinch. At all.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:12 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:

I'll quote my story about Disney that I posted 3 years back(10 pages back here).

Bosc wrote:
Hounsy wrote:
Kids are getting really excited so that is great. Looking forward to watching them have fun, but not sure what the over under is on my personal days I go before I'd rather be home again is. :laughcry:

Gotta do some people-watching while you're there. Disney is pretty great for that, probably more so than Niagara Falls. Saw something incredible there once with my Dad . Kid's Mom is wearing a tshirt that is way too small and letting her ample belly hang out. Kid walks up and buries his face in it and starts blowing making farting noises. Mom does not flinch. At all.

That's hysterical and horrifying at the same time. It was obviously a regular thing. Wow. Thank you. I needed a laugh. And an appetite quelling.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:12 pm 
Big in Japan

Spending NYE in ski country in Manchester, Vermont. Looking for breweries or distilleries in that area.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:26 pm 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Spending NYE in ski country in Manchester, Vermont. Looking for breweries or distilleries in that area.

Depending on your route, this brewery is supposed to be pretty amazing.

https://alchemistbeer.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:29 pm 
Chaser, Wearer of Skirts

i go to mexico

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next