OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 696 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gaming Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:10 pm 
OTP Historian

Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:
You dig turn-based strategy RPG's like Shining Force and Final Fantasy Tactics? Banner Saga is your new crack.

Will buy.

Banner Saga 2 is great. Survival Mode is even more addictive.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:26 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

First time I've ever encountered an instance where a mobile game I played was abruptly shut down.

Star Wars: Uprising, was not the greatest game but it had enough going for it to make it interesting, and the story was actually kinda cool (it was set right after ROTJ). Their last few tweaks a few weeks ago were quite frustrating though--I imagine they made the game harder and more inaccessible because they wanted players to pony up $$$ to advance. I just went ahead and deleted it off my phone. Kinda feel jipped after investing so much time but oh well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:39 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Yeah, I was playing Real Racing 3 on the iPad with the goal of acquiring every car available without actually forking over real $$ but it just proved to be pointless. I quit after getting about 95 out of 104 cars; I think it now has over 130. But i went from 15-20 hours per week to zero on that.

Looking forward to playing BF 1 on PC in a few days; I pre-ordered but won't have a chance to play until the weekend. Been playing BF 4 until now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:36 am 
King of Men

Bosc wrote:
Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:
You dig turn-based strategy RPG's like Shining Force and Final Fantasy Tactics? Banner Saga is your new crack.

Will buy.

Finally am trying Banner Saga based on your rec....had it on PSN for $5. Of course I also ordered the Skyrim redo...so I expect to lose myself for a few months there.

I am hooked on Star Trek Timelines on my pad but with these Android games there's always a payoff point between wasting money and free.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:43 am 
OTP Historian

harmfuljays wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Will buy.

Finally am trying Banner Saga based on your rec....had it on PSN for $5. Of course I also ordered the Skyrim redo...so I expect to lose myself for a few months there.

I am hooked on Star Trek Timelines on my pad but with these Android games there's always a payoff point between wasting money and free.

I will tell you that on the first playthrough of Banner Saga, the random events can be kind of frustrating with losing caravan folks and resources. You can gain items and resources when you choose correctly, so if you don't plan on playing many playthroughs then you can read guides as you go along to make the most beneficial choices. Just try not to read ahead. Follow the story in-game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:54 am 
King of Men

So I start Skyrim again and all of a sudden Master Vampires are randomly attacking towns and killing vital NPCs....................

I say WTF is this?

Apparently this edition of Skyrim comes with all of the DLC in particular one called Dawnguard which has all of these idiotic vampires randomly attacking towns....

Now I wouldn't mind much but I am not equipped to handle Master Vampires right now so I have to run away and the idiotic townspeople get wiped out. THESE ARE VERY IMPORTANT QUEST GIVING NPCS.

So come to find out you can't even disable the DLC!!!!!!!! Nor are there any mods to put the town people in their houses or stop the vampire attacks. That is just f'n stupid that the whole game gets ruined by random bad ass vampires slaughtering towns. I can understand dragon attacks.....but the vampire attacks occur FREQUENTLY if you fast travel in at night. STUPID!!! People have been bitching about this dumb DLC for years and not only does Bethesda NOT FIX IT they include it in their brand new game with no option to turn it off!!!!

WINNER!!! F'N IDIOTS!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:01 am 
King of Men

and just like that someone other than Bethesda to the rescue

https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/ ... il/3003943

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:45 am 
King of Men

Fuck Skyrim and their Vampire shit....way to ruin it!

Anyway.....Final Fantasy 15 is the balls!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:05 pm 
OTP Historian

Banner Saga 3 kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... er-saga-3/

I had no qualms about dropping $20 for this after the first two games. The stretch goals are great too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:11 pm 
Big in Japan

Fire Emblem out on Android. Official Nintendo product. Thinking about DLing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:57 am 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:
Fire Emblem out on Android. Official Nintendo product. Thinking about DLing

My son and I loved this. Thanks for the heads up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:15 am 
King of Men

Ezio Auditore Da Firenze!!!!! I forgot how f'n awesome AC 2 was......Nothing is true, everything is permitted!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:13 am 
OTP Historian

harmfuljays wrote:
Ezio Auditore Da Firenze!!!!! I forgot how f'n awesome AC 2 was......Nothing is true, everything is permitted!

Yeah, I had traded in my original copy for close to what I paid for it, but got an itch to go revisit the same cities that I visited on our Italy trip. So I picked up a used copy and playing it now. So good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:27 am 
King of Men

Bosc wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

Yeah, I had traded in my original copy for close to what I paid for it, but got an itch to go revisit the same cities that I visited on our Italy trip. So I picked up a used copy and playing it now. So good.

I think its amazing just how damn accurate the portrayals of Rome are.......every time I see shit be it in a movie or on TV....I am like why does that look so familiar.....wait I've climbed that at least 10 times!

Sadly I have now remembered that Revelations was pretty damn poor.

Lately I have been playing Horizon Zero Dawn. A fine game that reminds me of some of my favorite elements of AC and ME. I also like that it has a female lead...of which my daughter says Daddy now you don't have to be a girl all the time in your games. Apparently that's my gender thing.

Unfortunately Mass Effect 4 shows up today.....so I might get lost in that for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:01 pm 
OTP Historian

harmfuljays wrote:
Bosc wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

I think its amazing just how damn accurate the portrayals of Rome are.......every time I see shit be it in a movie or on TV....I am like why does that look so familiar.....wait I've climbed that at least 10 times!

OTP was in Firenze at the top of Giotto's Campanile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:58 am 
King of Men

If you have a PS4 highly recommend Horizon Zero Dawn. Female Lead character, Good engaging story, Openworld sidequests/missions, Decent combat mix and ability to implement your own style with a variety of ways to take down targets, combat can be surprisingly unforgiving if you are not prepared, Good voice acting & RPG/growth elements. Overall its been done before but Horizon Zero Dawn takes features that have made certain games great (AC, Skyrim, Dragon Age) and manages to combine them into a game that is rewarding and fulfilling as a gamer. A fine play.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:49 pm 
Big in Japan

Did anyone play Mass Effect Andromeda? I loved the original series, but never got around to the latest one. Anyways, it hasn't done well and BioWare Montreal is being downsized to a support studio.

Tough business.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:25 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

E.L. wrote:
Did anyone play Mass Effect Andromeda? I loved the original series, but never got around to the latest one. Anyways, it hasn't done well and BioWare Montreal is being downsized to a support studio.

Tough business.

The reviews were pretty brutal. Overall the console gaming market is dying, which to me is absolutely shocking.

I still have and use my Nintendo Wii, but really didn't have much of an interest in the Wii U and really have no interest in the Switch.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:49 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Tough business.

The reviews were pretty brutal. Overall the console gaming market is dying, which to me is absolutely shocking.

I still have and use my Nintendo Wii, but really didn't have much of an interest in the Wii U and really have no interest in the Switch.

There seems to be actual instances where companies aren't releasing completed content in order to release it separately and charge again. Or they half-ass the intial offering and charge more for additional content.

Titles here are like $80 bucks a pop.

The current gen machines aren't great leaps forward as the previous generations were over their predecessors were(as far as I can tell).

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:04 pm 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:

Tough business.

I've enjoyed it so far. To me its just Mass Effect without the Sheppard story line and maybe that's half the problem. Not too sure about the sexual ambiguity of some of the characters but I guess you can't judge a book by its cover nowadays....nevermind alien species.....my gaming love knows no boundaries! :woop:

Again only about 1/4 of the way into it but the mechanics are solid. I'll report more later.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 696 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 35  Next