OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:05 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I could see them getting by without Rakell, but Lindholm? Yikes.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/duck ... jones.html

Interesting PTO invites in Anaheim I only just now saw on this article: David Booth, David Jones, and Sean Bergenheim.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:14 pm 

BTW, the Ducks signed Jared Boll to a two-year deal. The same Jared Boll the Columbus Blue Jackets bought out. Two. Years.

And he somehow managed this in a preseason contest.

https://twitter.com/ShutdownLine/status ... 8896398337

Effin' Bergenheim obviously displayed far better hockey and yet may walk away with nothing.

This is what happens when you bring Randy Carlyle back into your organization. Keep in mind the Ducks also still employ Dave Nonis.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:49 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

If some of their good young guys Nick Ritchie and Shea Theodore can crack the lineup and perform the Ducks could be in good shape this year. Good goalie tandem (would not be surprised to see Bernier have a good year), deep on D and Perry/Getzlaf are still a force.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:05 pm 

Quote:
Blake Price @BlakePriceTSN
Pierre Mcguire tells us the Ducks are in trade talks with an Eastern Conference team to unload a significant contract, and get room for RFAs
10:29 PM - 30 Sep 2016

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:10 pm 
Big in Japan

Cam Fowler to MTL. Book it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:12 pm 

Boy this is getting interesting. Clayton Stoner waived in an apparent desperate attempt to get someone to take his salary (nope). I'd have thunk if he were really dangling Fowler that SOMEONE would've pounced by now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:49 pm 

Ducks off to a rollicking start today against the Isles. Down only 1-0 after 1 but shots were 14-3 in favor of the Brooklyn-based club. But the good news is Jared Boll earned himself a double-minor for instigating a fight. Gotta earn that paycheck.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:48 pm 

How in God's name is NO ONE using an offer sheet on Lindholm!?!? I get it, not many teams have the cap space but by God, Carolina has about $15 million and could use a guy like Lindholm (and hey they already got a forward who's really good with the same last name so they can commiserate...I am assuming they're not related).

At the very least you're really screwing things up for Anaheim who would then have to scramble like mad to either match or let him walk. The scrambling part would at least be fun to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:05 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Av-merican wrote:
How in God's name is NO ONE using an offer sheet on Lindholm!?!? I get it, not many teams have the cap space but by God, Carolina has about $15 million and could use a guy like Lindholm (and hey they already got a forward who's really good with the same last name so they can commiserate...I am assuming they're not related).

At the very least you're really screwing things up for Anaheim who would then have to scramble like mad to either match or let him walk. The scrambling part would at least be fun to watch.

I would love to see more offer sheets. I find the idea entertaining. And as far as other GMs won't trade with you in the future- GMs turn over pretty often, and they don't want to shoestring themselves either. If there will be a deal to be made that will benefit their club, they'll make it, whether or not they hate the GM who offer sheeted their player. I mean, teams sign each other's UFAs that want to test the FA market. What's so different about RFAs? You'll get compensation too, unlike with UFAs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:12 am 
Big in Japan

Hampus signs: 6 years, $5.25M AAV

Good deal for the Ducks, but they still need to move some salary.