OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:27 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
I wonder if General Fanager has every though about disabling the "Buyout this Contract" link on his player page. Might just be annoying to code it.

Why would they? That probably accounts for 1/3 of their site traffic. :rimshot:

I still link to Mirtle's article once in a while on twitter :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:41 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
I wonder if General Fanager has every though about disabling the "Buyout this Contract" link on his player page. Might just be annoying to code it.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:17 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:

:lol:

Obligatory. I'm sure I've cleared my cache a few times in the past few months, and yet the link is still purple :lol:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... e17783243/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:31 pm 

:laap:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:14 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Geez, Jarmo must be up to something. Six PTOs!?

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/con ... ng-on.html

Quote:
The Blue Jackets have six former NHL players in training camp under professional tryout agreements – forwards Jarret Stoll, Mike Brown, Patrick Dwyer and Aaron Palushaj, and defensemen Marc-Andre Bergeron and Keith Aulie.

Pretty sure Stoll is done. Brown was done a long time ago.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:42 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
Geez, Jarmo must be up to something. Six PTOs!?

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/con ... ng-on.html

Quote:
The Blue Jackets have six former NHL players in training camp under professional tryout agreements – forwards Jarret Stoll, Mike Brown, Patrick Dwyer and Aaron Palushaj, and defensemen Marc-Andre Bergeron and Keith Aulie.

Pretty sure Stoll is done. Brown was done a long time ago.

It's a great way of pushing everyone. The guys on PTOs are obviously going to bust their asses for at least one more NHL contract. Their presence scares the young guys into thinking they're going to get stuck in the minors again for at least another year behind some old fucker. The 4th liners are scared the PTO guys OR young guys will take their spot... It makes everyone in camp work that much harder. Granted, they should ALL be busting their asses either way, but I think it helps push everyone that much harder.

The only way I see it as a negative is if guys push themselves too hard physically and they start seeing a bunch of groin pulls or something. But those seem to be chronic in training camps going back generations anyway, so who knows if PTOs would make a difference?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:42 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
It's a great way of pushing everyone. The guys on PTOs are obviously going to bust their asses for at least one more NHL contract. Their presence scares the young guys into thinking they're going to get stuck in the minors again for at least another year behind some old fucker. The 4th liners are scared the PTO guys OR young guys will take their spot... It makes everyone in camp work that much harder. Granted, they should ALL be busting their asses either way, but I think it helps push everyone that much harder.

The only way I see it as a negative is if guys push themselves too hard physically and they start seeing a bunch of groin pulls or something. But those seem to be chronic in training camps going back generations anyway, so who knows if PTOs would make a difference?

You may be right, I just read an article that said Torts has been working the living shit out of the players in this camp. If they didn't like him before...

On another note, I'm still just utterly baffled as to why Jarmo passed on his own countryman Pulijarvi, a guy many considered to be the consensus 2 or 3 pick, for Pierre-Luc Dubois. Maybe Dubois pans out, maybe he doesn't, but I thought maybe it was because the Jax thought they needed another franchise center to build around with Ryan Johansen gone (which still isn't a good idea since logic usually dictates you draft the best player available no matter what the position), but now I'm hearing Dubois didn't even start playing C until partway through juniors!?!?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:18 am 

Who likes Torts on any given day? The main reason he has so many dogs is so he feels loved by someone.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:31 am 
Big in Japan

Stoll, Brown and Bergeron released from their PTOs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:05 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Stoll, Brown and Bergeron released from their PTOs.

In other shocking news, water is wet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:38 pm 

Bergeron said one of the reasons he opted for Europe was because the NHL was beating the hell out of him. So perhaps this wasn't the best training camp for him to attend. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:56 am 

While the story right now is putting 10 on the Priceless Habs, it sure looks like 19-year-old Zach Werenski is the real deal. As good an offensive generator as you could possibly expect in a blueliner, and a potentially elite PPQB.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:43 am 
Big in Japan

Jackets have big time expansion draft trouble. They could lose one of Boone Jenner, Ryan Murray, David Savard, Josh Anderson, Matt Calvert, William Karlsson, Jack Johnson, Joonas Korpisalo.

Portzline reports the Jackets will trade a 1st rounder to LV so they don't take Anderson, Korpisalo or Savard/Johnson. Yes, they're sacrificing former no. 2 overall pick Murray.

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170616 ... ung-talent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:43 pm 
Big in Japan

Jackets buy out Scott Hartnell, who put up 60 points two seasons ago and was no slouch this year, although he makes too much money.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:21 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Jackets buy out Scott Hartnell, who put up 60 points two seasons ago and was no slouch this year, although he makes too much money.

He also just seems like a dick. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:41 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:
He also just seems like a dick. :lol:

In other news, I'm reading that the Jax are moving captain Nick Foligno back to center, a position he hasn't played since he made the NHL roughly a decade ago. Definitely going to fuel those wild Duchene-to-Columbus rumors.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:12 pm 

Jarmo makes Josh Anderson blink.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/10/02/rep ... year-deal/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:59 am 

Hoo boy...so it's not news to anyone that Artemi Panarin isn't ready to sign on the dotted line, but it might be worse than that. Reportedly it's not term or money, because Jarmo has offered plenty of both, according to Aaron Portzline, he wants to be in a "major metropolitan area." The bad news is that most of those areas aren't looking for a player like him right now (L.A., NYR, etc.). He could change his mind as the season starts but man, that'll suck of possibly the most talented player to ever skate through Columbus leaves because of THAT.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:23 am 

Also, Jarmo went off the board AGAIN! I guess it paid off for him the last time so maybe Liam Foudy will be the star no one sees coming (and he is extremely fast, so...).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:19 am 
Big in Japan

Pretty sure any team will move the pieces necessary to get Panarin, including NYR. Feel terrible for Columbus, who deserve a star.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 21  Next