OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:24 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

http://www.tsn.ca/brown-told-he-s-no-lo ... n-1.496802

Team says they want to go in a different direction. He still has 6 years remaining on his eight year contract.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:48 pm 
Big in Japan

Buyout or trade coming?

Might be the worst contract in the league. Even Clarkson's expires sooner. (Although Brown is still a better player.)

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:28 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Well, I've made no secret on here that I felt he might very well be the worst choice for captain in the entire league. It might even be worse than when the Flames picked Dave Lowry and he got sent to the AHL. I heard dude actually came to camp in shape for the first time in his career, but overall the guy doesn't put 100% out there unless he's pissed (like when the Kings "leaked" that trade rumor and he went apeshit for about a month or so), and yes, that contract is abominable.

I don't see this move preceding a trade unless they're actually trying to get him to waive any sort of protection. If they were gonna buy him out or trade him, wouldn't they have just done that and skipped the humiliating step of ripping the C off of him?

Oh, wait, maybe they're gonna terminate his contract! :ms: Lombardi crocodile tears to follow!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:33 pm 
Big in Japan

Av-merican wrote:
If they were gonna buy him out or trade him, wouldn't they have just done that and skipped the humiliating step of ripping the C off of him?

Two words: Mike Richards

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:36 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
If they were gonna buy him out or trade him, wouldn't they have just done that and skipped the humiliating step of ripping the C off of him?

Two words: Mike Richards

Didn't they just trade him though? Or did they actually strip him of the captaincy beforehand?

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:40 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Yes they just traded Richards to the Kings straight up as acting Captain - no strip. Very weird they would go to all trouble of stripping his C prior to moving him.
The team revolves around Kopitar, Doughty and to a lesser extent Carter now. Kopitar will be their next Captain come what may.

It seems Brownie's days as a King are numbered. But as AV says, it has to be the single worst contract in the league. He was invisible last year and has logged a lot of heavy minutes on a 31 year old frame.

I wonder if they are looking at a buy out / release scenario or will just each a bunch of cash. He seems like a lost cause any way you slice it. Moronic contract, more in terms of length than anything else and Lombardi has no one to blame but himself.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:52 pm 

Dustin Brown, who most definitely ranks as one of my least favorite players ever, will have his number 23 raised to the rafters this upcoming season.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:55 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
Dustin Brown, who most definitely ranks as one of my least favorite players ever, will have his number 23 raised to the rafters this upcoming season.

And he's getting a statue. :laugh:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:04 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

And he's getting a statue. :laugh:

Hopefully it’ll depict him trying to drink a water bottle out of the wrong end.