It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:06 pm 
OTP Historian

Yup.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:24 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

:lol:

They keep saying Julien will end up there if he gets canned in Ottawa...but if I were him I'd wait for a better offer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:44 pm 
OTP Historian

Updated the thread title, but semi-annually probably works as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:46 pm 
OTP Historian

Av-merican wrote:
They keep saying Julien will end up there if he gets canned in Ottawa...but if I were him I'd wait for a better offer.

At this point, Julien will have the ability to wait for a job for a cap team that doesn't waste a bunch of the budget that it does have canning their coaching staffs every 1 or 2 years.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:35 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Bosc wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

At this point, Julien will have the ability to wait for a job for a cap team that doesn't waste a bunch of the budget that it does have canning their coaching staffs every 1 or 2 years.

They should add Jack Capuano's number to speed dial.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:47 pm 

Still kinda shocked MacLean is still on the outside looking in. Was it because he spoke out against ownership/management?

Hartsburg IIRC was a trainwreck but Clouston was a'ight.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:13 am 

Holy fuckin' shit are the wheels coming off or are the wheels coming off!? Not sure I've ever seen a meltdown play out this publicly, with even Erik Karlsson having to submit a trade list (keep in mind Duchene asked for a trade because--and these are his words--he couldn't bear going through another rebuild in Colorado).

It was the Former Avs Stars Reunion Game tonight. Duchene (29th place) vs. O'Reilly (30th place). Buffalo won.

Benny Pouliot with the worst-looking end-to-end rush I've ever seen. It wasn't so much him playing good as the Sens just standing there. Especially the Double Dion.

If Boucher somehow makes it past this week then I'm boldly declaring that no NHL coaches will ever be fired, ever again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:04 pm 

I know it's been spoken about a lot, but I had forgotten and nearly fell off my chair the other day when I saw Dion makes more/year than Karlsson.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:20 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
I know it's been spoken about a lot, but I had forgotten and nearly fell off my chair the other day when I saw Dion makes more/year than Karlsson.

Yet Melnyk throws a fucking hissy fit when Karlsson gets brutally honest about his future after taking years of discount contracts for a team that has progressively made itself worse over the years.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:06 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Yet Melnyk throws a fucking hissy fit when Karlsson gets brutally honest about his future after taking years of discount contracts for a team that has progressively made itself worse over the years.

Melnyk is a Class A twit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:27 pm 

Dorion holds a flash press conference to tell everyone he's not firing Guy Boucher.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:36 am 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
Dorion holds a flash press conference to tell everyone he's not firing Guy Boucher.

It's funny. Dorion can say that he isn't firing Boucher, but I haven't seen anyone mention that it wouldn't actually be Dorion making the decision to fire him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:59 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

It's funny. Dorion can say that he isn't firing Boucher, but I haven't seen anyone mention that it wouldn't actually be Dorion making the decision to fire him.

You saw that tweet by Kyle Turris's wife LOLing Dorion's quote that he doesn't have to run decisions by Melnyk? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:19 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

You saw that tweet by Kyle Turris's wife LOLing Dorion's quote that he doesn't have to run decisions by Melnyk? :lol:

Yeah :lol: Bingo.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:47 pm 
Big in Japan

Yeah, not good if they're thinking Karlsson wants to stay: https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/9 ... 3218167809

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:54 pm 

He's not staying. They better just be prepared for that reality.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:35 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:

Are they moving him this offseason, though? Getting the feeling they are. Wonder if winning the lottery and getting Dahlin would change things.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:31 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

Are they moving him this offseason, though? Getting the feeling they are. Wonder if winning the lottery and getting Dahlin would change things.

They'd be complete morons if they didn't. So you gotta figure there's a chance they don't.

I don't think they'll be able to tack on the dead weight of Broken Hand Bobby's contract though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:41 pm 
Big in Japan

Melnyk is such a wild card I could see him finding a way to mend things Karlsson, who I think would rather stay if the situation is right.

If they win the lottery, fire Boucher and spend some coin on a centre and a Methot replacement, maybe Karlsson changes his tune. Melnyk could wake up and decide to bend over for his star player and make all his dreams come true, whatever those dreams may be.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:03 pm 
Big in Japan

Boucher and staff get to stay. Does Karlsson know about that?