OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:46 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Tough schedule for Iles with 6 games in 9 nights to close out season. However most are at home.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:38 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

us 679 part trois wrote:
Tough schedule for Iles with 6 games in 9 nights to close out season. However most are at home.

Should have been 5 games in 8 days, but the snowed out game adds a back-to-back for the last 2 days of the season. Of course it would- it was on my birthday and I've got tickets! They'll probably lose 10-0 to the Flyers, and have all top 6 forwards get hurt.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:30 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Chris18 wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:

Should have been 5 games in 8 days, but the snowed out game adds a back-to-back for the last 2 days of the season. Of course it would- it was on my birthday and I've got tickets! They'll probably lose 10-0 to the Flyers, and have all top 6 forwards get hurt.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:04 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Travis Hamonic shut down for the remainder of the regular season with a lower body injury.

I bet Isles fans won't miss that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:39 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
Travis Hamonic shut down for the remainder of the regular season with a lower body injury.

I bet Isles fans won't miss that.

Not at all. The D pairing of Strait and Zidlicky look amazing. The first goal they allowed today, shorthanded, was totally a great goal to allow, with Leddy looking at the bench, not the puck, while Berube tries to pass it up the middle to Leddy, despite the fact that Leddy had peeled off the other way, apparently discussing a change. I guess you could call it the game winner for the Penguins, since the Isles lost 5-0, while not putting pucks on a FUCKING ROOKIE GOALIE. It was a great game. No seriously, I didn't want to smash my TV to pieces or anything. It's not like it was a big game; why bother showing up to it? They could have jumped over the Rangers into 3rd with a win, but why try hard for that, when Philly are winning and nipping at your fucking heals? It would be so much more fun & interesting to try to cling to a spot and see if they can play the Capitals in the first round, if they make it. Such great theater!

:chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot:

I did have a little fun today though. DiPietro was wearing a houndstooth suit that reminded me of someone: https://twitter.com/Chris_h8s_twter/sta ... 7580657666

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:34 am 

Isles face the Stamkos-less Lightning tonight. A good chance to redeem themselves after that 7-4 ass whooping they took from the Lightning last week. If they win they're all but assured a playoff spot with 95 points. They would leap-frog the Rangers if they win & the Rangers lose in regulation. That would be awesome. They've got a game in hand on the Rangers and Flyers (still 2 points behind the Isles).

And things get worse. JF Berube may have given up 5 goals vs Pittsburgh, but he was still good to have around. Now he's out with a mystery injury. (Sun burned neck? Whiplash from watching pucks fly by him?)

Capuano, who has been complaining lately about the packed schedule, the Barclays ice and injuries, has now called out Strome, Nelson & Bailey, saying they "need to pick their shit up". After like 5 years behind the bench, NOW he suddenly calls out players??? He's always protected players, said they looked good, said the media are missing the little things they do right, etc. Now with 5 games left in the regular season, NOW he starts calling guys out. And Nelson had 2 goals last week. Strome had a great assist on Tavares' last goal. Bailey isn't ever going to be more than a "good" middle-6, 2 way forward. He's not great at anything, but is good all around. If they're relying on him for big goals, they're fucked. This is the scrambling of a man who knows his job is on the hot seat & he's handling it like a true dipshit instead of an NHL coach.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:46 pm 

Possibly another very costly win. Isles beat the Lightning 5-2 but de Haan left hurt. In the first period he blocked a shot and was took a while to get up and make his way to the bench. He came back and could obviously not skate well, getting beaten for the Lightning's first goal, and he left the game right afterward.

Clutterbuck took a stick to the face and tried to embellish, causing himself to fall awkwardly into the boards, twisting his foot around. He was hurt & missed a while of the game. He returned but was not skating as well as normal, didn't hit nearly as much as usual.

Pulock with a deflection goal, which is weird to say about a defenseman. He also blasted a shot off the inside of the post on his next shift, with the puck nearly hitting the opposite post on the bounce. He also fought Paquette, after Paquette hit Hickey from behind. Exactly what the Isles need- sticking up for each other.

Got more news on Adam Pelech's odd "injury". They thought it was a blood clot, as his entire chest was swelling up. He got tests & found out he had thoracic outlet syndrome. Had a surgery that sounds similar to Stamkos' with a rib removed. Story- http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/is ... 1.11652752
Scary shit.

And a few times tonight DiPietro, who does intermission analysis for the Isles, said "I'm not a doctor, but as Isles fans know, I was injured a lot, so I know quite a bit about injuries and recoveries." :lol: But he attributes some of the NHL and other high level athlete blood clotting issues to energy drinks, which he says have been linked to them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:01 am 

Hell of a comeback win vs the Caps. Down 3-1 in the third, with Christopher Gibson getting his first NHL start, they came back to force OT and Thomas Hickey, who took a skate to the chin early in OT, put home a brilliant Tavares pass to win it and clinch a playoff spot.
Hickey continued his personal battle with Tom Wilson, which is fun to watch.

Gibson gave up 3 goals, but played very well, and gives hope. The 4ht string goalie is capable of beating the President's Trophy winners, when they really wanted to win to get Holtby tied with Brodeur with 48 wins. I don't think any of the Isles other goalies could have stopped the 3 goals Gibson allowed. Great job by the kid!

Bailey & Nelson were both -3 2 days after being called out by Capuano. Yeesh.

Neither Clutterbuck nor de Haan played after getting hurt vs the Bolts. Shane Prince didn't play either. I'm not sure if he was hurt or just getting a rest so they could play both Boulton & Bernier, in case the Caps turned shit ugly. Amusing note: Butch Goring always botches names, and last night he called Eric Boulton "Michael Bolton". When called out by co-host Howie Rose, Goring asked to be cut some slack, as he was listening to Michael Bolton's music earlier in the day. Personally, I find that the bigger offense.

Rangers won, so it's looking more and more likely the Isles will play the Panthers in the first round. You never know what you'll get with Luongo; he could have a 55 save shutout in Game 1, then allow 4 goals on 7 shots to start Game 2... No matter what, I'm psyched they're in. It seemed iffy a few days ago.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:58 am 

Isles-Rangers tonight. It looked for a long time like this would be the first round 2-3 matchup, but both teams struggled while the Penguins caught fire. Slim-no chance of either of them catching the Pens, let along both. Bummer for NY, as that would have been great.

But they'll do it one more time in the regular season tonight. Isles with the chance of tying the Rangers in points, with a game in hand, if they win in regulation. Rangers have more ROW so they'd win the tie-breaker if the teams wind up tied. I think the Isles might prefer to play the Panthers over the Penguins anyway, and certainly the Panthers owner wants the Isles more than the Rangers. He said it on the radio yesterday. Nothing really insulting, but picking "preferred" playoff opponents should be reserved to dolts like me on forums, not players or management. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 42047.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:44 am 

Well this is not good. Tweet from Isles beat writer Arthur Staple-
Quote:
Looks like #Isles first 2 home playoff games (likely G3 and G4) will be tough to fit in -- Barclays Ctr has boxing 3 of 4 nights 4/16-19.

So their new landlords didn't think they'd make the playoffs? What if the Nets, by some miracle, also made their playoffs? What a clusterfuck.

Sounds like some noon playoff games will happen. Brilliant.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:24 pm 

Well the shit storm continues. Isles beat the Rangers, moving them into Metro 3rd. Pittsburgh wins in OT, to ensure Metro 2nd. During the first period, Boychuk ripped a shot that hit Anders Lee in the foot and Lee didn't return. Capuano said in the post-game interview that it really doesn't look good for Lee. Martin & Clutterbuck missed this game. Now Lee is out too??? What the fuck? The Isles were fairly injury free for most of the season and starting in March the fucking wheels have fallen off, unless you mean the ambulance wheels. Fuck everything. And they could very well wind up playing the Penguins. So much for winning a round this year. I can only hope that the Penguins have peaked too early & start to shit the bed. Or that Malkin and/or Fleury come back and fuck up whatever good mojo the team has without them. Motherfuckers.

By the way, this is the first time in 44 seasons the Isles have swept the Rangers during the regular season. First time. 44 years. WTF?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:24 am 

Rumor is Lee's leg is broken, and he made it worse by trying to stay in the game, playing another shift after getting hit.

Seriously, why all the injuries NOW? :chris18:

Isles fans are asking that Dal Colle be called up once (if) his junior team is eliminated. Can they do that? I thought once he went to juniors it was for the whole year? Or does that year end when (if) his team is eliminated? CBA nerds, help me out here.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:02 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Rumor is Lee's leg is broken, and he made it worse by trying to stay in the game, playing another shift after getting hit.

Seriously, why all the injuries NOW? :chris18:

Isles fans are asking that Dal Colle be called up once (if) his junior team is eliminated. Can they do that? I thought once he went to juniors it was for the whole year? Or does that year end when (if) his team is eliminated? CBA nerds, help me out here.

Shit, that sucks :x

There might be an emergency recall exception depending on injuries but I'm probably wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:54 pm 

Isles confirm- Lee's leg is broken. Out for the season, no matter how deep they go in the playoffs. As if they're going anywhere at this point, besides the fucking ER.

New Isles logo ought to be a fucking hospital sign.

Fucking motherfucker.

Isles fans all think they can call up Dal Colle once his junior season is over. His team is down 1-0 in a playoff series and all Isles fans are hoping his team gets swept. Almost funny.

New rumor- Halak & Hamonic are skating. Sounds good. Although I don't think Halak would help much more than Greiss has done. Greiss has been great.
Grabovski is still out. Now rumor is it's a concussion. Certainly believable. Guy has a pillowhead like Kenny Jonsson. They could really use him.
No word on Martin or Clutterbuck, but I'd like to see those 2 back to annoy the shit out of the Penguins, assuming they still wind up meeting the Penguins. Rangers could move ahead of them again. Who knows? Probably doesn't matter, and it will very likely be up to 24 fucking years without a playoff series win. Fanfuckingtabulous.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:31 am 

Buffalo tonight. Chad Johnson starting for the Sabres. He's been playing well lately, 10-2-1 in his last 13.

If the Rangers lose to the Red Wings, as I know at least 2 of you are hoping, the Isles will clinch 3rd with any point between today and tomorrow's game vs the Flyers. 3rd will play the Penguins, WC1 will play Florida. It's funny how many fans of each team have been hoping their team would lose and face Florida. As if the Panthers are an "easy" team to play against? If you can get in Luongo's head, maybe you'll get lucky, but I don't know how much room there is in there, with all his previous baggage being stored in his mental attic. If the Isles wind up tied in points with the Rangers, the Rangers will reclaim Metro3 and the Isles would get WC1.

Flyers tomorrow. We've got tickets. Can they please have Tavares watch both these games from inside the SUV parked in the corner of the rink? They've got enough people hurt already.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:49 am 

After the Ranger win yesterday, the Isles needed 3 point to jump them in the standings and play Pittsburgh in the first round, which may be appealing now that their backup goalie may be hurt. Isles made it interesting by picking up 1 point in an OT Loss to Buffalo. The Isles are decimated by injuries, and had quite a few Bridgeport guys in the lineup. Scott Mayfield, who had a fill-in during the playoffs last year for de Haan's injury, got his first NHL goal. Wrister from the blueline that Ullmark almost stopped, but the puck trickled through him and barely rolled over the goal line. Later, with Mayfield in the box, the Isles dumped the puck into the corner, Ullmark mis-played it, and Bracken Kearns came flying in on a shorthanded forecheck, stole it from Ullmark and centered a high pass into the low slot, where it went off Alan Quine's knee for his first NHL goal. Butch Goring finally got one right, joking "Exactly like they drew those up!" Then some unknown named Tavares got his 33rd to tie it with 6:30 to go.

Isles tried for some Bridgeport magic in OT, with an all Sound Tigers line, and Brian Gionta scored the OT winner.

Sets up a big game tonight. Maybe. Capuano, uber-motivator that he is, was quoted saying the Isles haven't matched up well vs Pittsburgh lately, going 1-3-1 against them this year, and adding that while they were 1-1-1 vs Florida, they probably should have been 0-3. WTF is that??? So he said he's going to try to do the right thing for himself and the organization, and make sure everyone is healthy going into the playoffs. In other words, he's going to try to throw this game vs the Flyers, and play a bunch of Bridgeport kids 20-28 minutes tonight, probably resting Tavares & Nielsen. This really pisses me off, because I had made the sign saying if #51 scores, dad will get us a Great Dane for my kids to hold up. Would have been a sure-fire way to get them on TV. Now Crapuano has even fucked us on that. Dildo.
Since the Flyers can't move in the standings, this will probably look like a pre-season game.

Additionally- Hamonic & Halak have been skating, but Halak is said to be a few weeks away from playing. Clutterbuck & Martin are said to be resting, but would be in if the games meant a lot. (How is moving from WC1 to third not meaning much?) Grabovski supposedly has another concussion. Lee is done for the year, no matter what.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:14 pm 
Big in Japan

As hot as the Pens have been, I'd definitely want to play them over the Caps. Caps didn't lose two consecutive regulation games all season.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:19 pm 

E.L. wrote:
As hot as the Pens have been, I'd definitely want to play them over the Caps. Caps didn't lose two consecutive regulation games all season.

Isles don't have that choice- it's either the Pens or Panthers. Flyers get the Caps no matter what. And oddly, I could see the Flyers possibly taking the Caps out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:50 pm 

Went to an AHL game in an NHL arena, at NHL prices, twice the distance as going to the AHL arena... What a shitty night. Fuck Capuano for resting the entire fucking team and tanking. Douche bag. I hate him 1000000x more than I ever did before. Playing an all Bridgeport PK? Playing Eric fucking Boulton on the PP? That was pathetic. Capuano should have played PP1 left wing and put Weight in goal for the third period.

Anyway. Isles - Panthers. Schedule from LightHouseHockey.com-

Game 1: Thursday, April 14, 8 p.m., at the arena named after a bank or linens store of some sort (National TV: CNBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports)
Game 2: Friday, April 15, 7:30 p.m., at the same arena, probably still with the same name unless it changes (National TV: NHL Network, SN360, TVA Sports)
Game 3: Sunday, April 17, 8 p.m., at the arena in Brooklyn built for basketball and named after an English soccer league (National TV: NBCSN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports)
Game 4: Wednesday, April 20, 8 p.m., at the arena in Brooklyn...wait maybe it's named after a bank too? (National TV: USA, Sportsnet, TVA Sports)
Game 5: Friday, April 22, TBD, back in Sunrise (if necessary)
Game 6: Sunday, April 24, TBD, Brooklyn (if necessary)
Game 7: Tuesday, April 26, TBD, back in Sunrise (if necessary)

Because every series should start with a back-to-back? How the fuck do NHL arenas book events during the playoffs, without leaving the proper gaps? Aren't the teams major tenants?

I'm in a shitty mood now. Fuck hockey.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:00 am 
Big in Japan

Last time Isles won a playoff round: 92-93
Last time the Panthers won a playoff round: 95-96

One of those teams is about to break a major futility streak.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next