OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OTP Merchandise?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:29 am 
King of Men

Once upon a time there was real fervor around here....even talk about shirts!.....then the board fell down a few times......Storminator took his ball and went home.....The Architect took off for a whirlwind life, The Professor stopped entertaining us...The Canucks spread like a virus and Razz grew up (after crushing the Canuck insurgence). Along the way everyone got older, married, dubbed parent and the discussions became less so. I've been doing some looking around and Hockey Boards really have changed....its basically Poster A disagrees....attacks Poster B with disparaging comment. IE.....your team sucks....you suck (give or take creative phrasing).
I have absolutely no idea where I was going with that.....more drool for Chuck to ignore I suppose.....Old Man ramblings aside......I think we should really do a shirt....maybe something with the Old Logo....and then ?

with some comment about the # of years we've been in service....

Its a 6 shirt min to get the group order

http://www.customink.com/q/start-designing/#loc-rt1

We could wear an OTP shirt and take pictures to post them here. Something different to spice this place up a bit. Not exactly an earth shattering idea of originality but.........I've got a lot going on.

Anyway if anyone is interested in putting some designs together post. Otherwise just f'n ignore this (kind of like the hockey card thread).

I think I'll make my own damn T-shirt anyway.

Post subject: Re: OTP Merchandise?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:04 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Last year I volunteered to do some t-shirt designs for my sons' swim team... So I'd be happy to mock up some designs if anyone is willing to suggest ideas and I can post them here. ;)

There are a couple of options we can go with... I'd have to check the site that you posted, but we can go one of several ways...
  • Custom screened Ts - I think this may be one of the most cost effective for volume orders... Depending on the number of t-shirts ordered and number of colors on the screen design, this can be effective - but bear in mind that the minimum is around 25; below that and it isn't very cost effective.
  • Custom Ts - I would imagine that there are plenty of sites like harmie's that will sell you a custom t-shirt based on your design... Those would cost in the range of $25-30, I would imagine...
  • Custom transfers - remember those iron-on transfers? Another option would be to look into getting a custom design done and produce a number of iron-on transfers that you do yourself at home - you pick the color/size of t-shirt at your local Old Navy (or Mr. Bigger and Taller if your of the Vermonster pursuasion), about five minutes with your iron and voila!
There are probably more but these are alternatives I can do more research into...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:10 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

Cafepress starts at $21.50 U.S. plus shipping for a custom T-shirt... wow, their prices have gone up; it used to be a fraction of that. Anyway, that gives you the flexibility of different kinds of shirts, or baby clothes or whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:27 pm 
OTP Clown

I like the Cafepress option.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:37 pm 
King of Men

Stinky wrote:
I like the Cafepress option.

Me too. That's actually the one I was thinking of. I am having several senior moments due to Matt Duschene today.....Thanks J21....

I actually wouldn't mind getting one with all of your usernames on it......Kind of in a random placement thing. I think that would be cool.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:53 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I'm in!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:43 pm 

Harmy wrote:
I actually wouldn't mind getting one with all of your usernames on it......Kind of in a random placement thing. I think that would be cool.

We could do sort of fake signatures where everyone "signs" their username in signature-like handwriting and scans it, so it looks like a signed shirt or something.

Cheezy, I know, but if you want names...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:48 pm 
Old Man of the Post

A t-shirt is fine but I've already got too many t-shirts to begin with... How about other kinds of swag? OTP-branded mouse pads, coffee mugs, shotglasses, beer steins and associated stinky-branded puke bags... For example, we might make print up a Sloth-esque 2010 OTP Playoff bracket on a mouse pad...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:06 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

We should get custom made pylons!

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:11 pm 
King of Men

Jyrki21 wrote:
Harmy wrote:

We could do sort of fake signatures where everyone "signs" their username in signature-like handwriting and scans it, so it looks like a signed shirt or something.

Cheezy, I know, but if you want names...

I like the idea. Username(first name) kind of thing. I think once we got that together we could probably expand the Idea to a mug......really simple at first....old offthepost.net logo over left breast....scanned names on shirt. In general it would look the same on a mug or a pylon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:58 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

I'm in for whatever we come up with.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:58 pm 
OTP Historian

I'm in. I just don't have any good ideas for stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:20 pm 
He of the red stockings

sounds cool ... as for the scanned signatures, unfortunately my nearly new all-in-one doesn't work with Windows 7
because the "fat nerd" lies ... "Windows 7 isn't going to have any of the problems Vista did" ... LIAR!!!
I've been too lazy to look for updated drivers online, and I'm thinking I won't find one anyways

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:43 pm 
Big in Japan

Am I the only one here who cares about their appearance?

Fuck it, I'll take two.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:46 am 
Site Admin

I don't know if you guys have ordered from Cafe Press before but in my few experiences with them the product has been kind of shitty. Any of you guys have better luck with them?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:28 am 

Chuck wrote:
I don't know if you guys have ordered from Cafe Press before but in my few experiences with them the product has been kind of shitty. Any of you guys have better luck with them?

I have very few complaints -- most of the stuff I've ordered has looked very good. (Dark and light T-shirts, baby clothes, mousepad, mug, magnet, clock). You just have to make sure your image is big enough.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:31 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Count me in too..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:43 pm 
King of Men

Call me paranoid but I am not going to scan in my signature and post it in a public forum. How about we make it easier and I will just choose different font for everyone's user name and put them randomly on the shirt. Otherwise I know us.....we will never get this done.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:59 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Call me paranoid but I am not going to scan in my signature and post it in a public forum. How about we make it easier and I will just choose different font for everyone's user name and put them randomly on the shirt. Otherwise I know us.....we will never get this done.

Dude, it's not your real signature, it's your user name. Unless you sign your checks "harmfuljays." In which case you need help. You seemed to get the idea up above, and liked it...

Plus it wouldn't be posted in a public forum, either.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:22 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Is this still happening ? Do we need to submit some money to someone or order something to get started ? Looks like so far the following people are in:

Harmy
Cunning
Jyrks
Stinky
Av
Sask
Captain
Bosc
Hipcheck
E.L.
Chuck
RW
LP

That's 13 by my count. I am sure there are others but we could do nice run with unified colour and logo and our names either signatured or just in normal text as well. Thoughts ?