OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:17 am 
King of Men

So here is my Indifference Makers recap of the year......

MVP....Mikko Rantanen.....with a second to Hellybuck. No one else was close.

Biggest Let down/albatross.......Tage Thompson

Best waiver pickup Drake Batherson.

Fun Fact....my team posted 1315 more points than the Truculent team right in front of me.

Some adjustments for next year........we can talk about the weekly adds...right now they are at 4 and they definitely add an element of strategy......I pulled out a few victories this year with just waiver pickups.

Teams making the playoffs. Is 8 ok? Does it need to be more or less? Consider this....if it was 6 neither Fogg or Glitz would have made it in this year. I don't like having less teams playoffs as it can disengage half the league. But feedback on how to improve is always appreciated.

Do we want to use Yahoo next year? I don't like the limits they put on comments or disallowing posting. We do have folks that don't use the app and the web browser experience was much different.

Do we want a buy in or a prize? The CUP is being awarded to Puckovsky this year so I will take pictures and post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:53 am 

We had trades this year. That was new and fun.

Yes I like the weekly adds and wouldn't mind seeing 6 of them. Weekly adds are the greatest benefit to the most active managers. I think rewarding active managers is a good thing.

I didn't have a bust like Tage Thompson (and thanks for grabbing him Harmy I was about to take him with my next pick) but all my top guys just seemed to under perform expectations. Biggest mistake was taking Bedard at 14th. I thought drafting that late I needed to gamble, but I should taken Rantanen or Makar.

I enjoyed the 8 playoffs posts this year, as it kept me in it. However 6 spots and a bye week for #1 or #2 also has its merits. I could go either way on this

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:00 am 

And whether we should use Yahoo or not? I totally defer that to you Harmy, whatever you think makes your life easiest and you enjoy. You're doing all the work, so I'll support whatever you think is best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:27 am 
King of Men

Fogghorn wrote:
We had trades this year. That was new and fun.

Yes I like the weekly adds and wouldn't mind seeing 6 of them. Weekly adds are the greatest benefit to the most active managers. I think rewarding active managers is a good thing.

I didn't have a bust like Tage Thompson (and thanks for grabbing him Harmy I was about to take him with my next pick) but all my top guys just seemed to under perform expectations. Biggest mistake was taking Bedard at 14th. I thought drafting that late I needed to gamble, but I should taken Rantanen or Makar.

I enjoyed the 8 playoffs posts this year, as it kept me in it. However 6 spots and a bye week for #1 or #2 also has its merits. I could go either way on this

Good suggestions. I had thought that 1 and 2 did get a bye but it could have been that playoff reseeding selection that changed that. For next year I will make sure that's in place as the old boss voiced some disappointment with the outcome this year.

I like 8 spots because it keeps most people involved all the way....if we can add in the byes while keeping 8 spots that should fix itself.

I also like your suggestion about increasing the weekly adds. I completely agree that it adds a whole new element for active managers. You can see most of us worked this but you can also see Tommy who set his lineup and didn't make a lot of moves (but still competed). It is pretty easy to see by the moves who is playing the set and forget game or not playing at all. Setting the lineup every week works fine for some folks......as long as they are doing that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:45 am 

I've found my bottom dman and 3 or 4 of my bottom forwards are pretty much equal to whatever is available. There is no need to cling to them, rotating them around for players on a hot streak, or a recent promotion to a top line, or who play an extra game that week is beneficial. I like it. Just have to remember to go and reset my lineups after doing it each time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:49 pm 
King of Men

yep that was a burner earlier on in the season.

We could also do EAST VS WEST Conferences next year. We have pretty close to even split of 6 a piece.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:31 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Igor Shesterkin and Moritz Seider were giant bombs for me. Shesterkin at least picked it up in the latter part of the season so I at least had a strong finish after barely squeaking into the postseason, but he was mostly shit this year.

Sid the Kid was my MVP.

My previous strategy of not prioritizing goaltending and mining some wins out of decent goalies from bad teams really backfired on me this year, because those bad teams were REALLY fucking bad down the stretch and the goalies were bad right along with them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:08 pm 
King of Men

Note to self for next year....I guess it makes sense since there would be an odd series out. If that's the case we will just expand it to 10 teams.

Quote:

Thank you for contacting Yahoo Fantasy Sports. This is Juan, and I understand you are inquiring about byes in the playoffs. I would be happy to help you with this.

The top 2 seeds in your league did not receive byes because you had an 8 team playoff. There are no byes with 8 team playoffs, nor 4 team playoffs.

If you'd like the top 2 seeds to receive byes next year, you will need to choose a 6 team playoff for your league.

If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me. Have a good day, and thank you for contacting Yahoo Fantasy Sports!

Make sure to follow us on X (formerly known as Twitter) @YahooFantasyCC for future updates and to ask us any questions that you may have.

Thanks,

Juan
Yahoo Fantasy Sports

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:58 pm 

I mean it worked out great for me this year, came within a point of winning. However I do think the top two managers getting knocked off in the first round because they had a bad week seems rather sad after having the great year they did. 6 out of 12 making playoffs seems okay to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8