OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:53 am 

Scott 679 wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

Maybe you don't need a goalie since you are beating me up already.

Damn you Jay! Beat me by 1.8 points! We were up and down all week, i've lost a lot of close ones this year with Tkachuk not producing and having crap goalies.

Well the crap goalies is kinda your fault. I offered you Saros or Mrazek in November for Cozens, and you never got back to me. Although Saros was pretty mediocre back then, and Rannta sukked balls. Both have turned it around in last two months. Unfortunately Cozens has not, so i'm kind of glad you didn't follow up. lol

Add in Demko and I'm still over loaded in goal. So if anyone wants the 9th best goalie in the league (Saros), let me know I'm open to comparable point generating forward offers, heck I'll even take a wee bit of a shave.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:19 am 
Big in Japan

I finally dropped Elvis if you want to take a chance...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:13 pm 

I really need to shed a goalie, I'll put Demko on the trading block. He's presently worth 416 points. Offer me a player with 365 points or more and I'll seriously consider it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:17 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Fogghorn wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

Maybe you don't need a goalie since you are beating me up already.

Damn you Jay! Beat me by 1.8 points! We were up and down all week, i've lost a lot of close ones this year with Tkachuk not producing and having crap goalies.

Well the crap goalies is kinda your fault. I offered you Saros or Mrazek in November for Cozens, and you never got back to me. Although Saros was pretty mediocre back then, and Rannta sukked balls. Both have turned it around in last two months. Unfortunately Cozens has not, so i'm kind of glad you didn't follow up. lol

I guess it sort of did, I almost accepted, and yes then saw both those players were sucking so I didn't take. I could take Saros now, make me an offer! :clint:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:25 pm 

Maybe Saros for Sean Couturier?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:29 pm 
King of Men

Spirited affair Scott! Last minute add of Pacioretty paid off with insurance.....Knies almost sunk my boat.

Don't look now but Puckovsky is making a serious bid for the top of the heap......Fogg I don't you think you feel bad for him now!

Butch keeps adding Samsonov hoping the result is different. :steamingpileofcrap:

Was quite the tall order keeping up with Yahoo this week....they are changing things last minute it seems with injuries and goalie starts. This league is no longer a set and forget with a lot of wins coming this year out of adjustments during the week.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:37 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:

Butch keeps adding Samsonov hoping the result is different. :steamingpileofcrap:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:59 pm 

Scott 679 wrote:

Couturier? lol, nope. Despite his weak season start, Saros is one Yahoo fan point ahead of RNH. Saros is playing to historical form and should keep climbing the rankings. So RNH?

Or Tkachuk for Demko? Demko's got 10% more points on the season. Probably should ask for Boeser as he has almost as many points as Demko but I said I'd take a wee bit of a shave on the trade.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:19 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:

Couturier? lol, nope. Despite his weak season start, Saros is one Yahoo fan point ahead of RNH. Saros is playing to historical form and should keep climbing the rankings. So RNH?

Or Tkachuk for Demko? Demko's got 10% more points on the season. Probably should ask for Boeser as he has almost as many points as Demko but I said I'd take a wee bit of a shave on the trade.

I might have done the Tkachuk deal a few weeks ago as he's not been great this year, but he seems to be coming back into form.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:53 pm 

Scott 679 wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:

I might have done the Tkachuk deal a few weeks ago as he's not been great this year, but he seems to be coming back into form.

You're right, Tkachuk has out performed Demko by a little over the last 30 days. However Boeser has not out performed him. So do you want the up and downs of Boeser or the rock steady of Demko? ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:14 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:

You're right, Tkachuk has out performed Demko by a little over the last 30 days. However Boeser has not out performed him. So do you want the up and downs of Boeser or the rock steady of Demko? ;)

Fogg, go to yahoo, I made the proposal of Saros for RNH.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:49 pm 

Scott 679 wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:

Fogg, go to yahoo, I made the proposal of Saros for RNH.

I didn't see your proposal, so created one for you. Do you see mine?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:43 pm 

So I either missed your request or it wasn't yet there when I looked. Either way when I created the trade it messed up. I was not able to accept your trade offer as another trade was pending (mine). And I could not delete mine. So I rejected your trade offer, leaving just one option open for you to accept

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:51 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
So I either missed your request or it wasn't yet there when I looked. Either way when I created the trade it messed up. I was not able to accept your trade offer as another trade was pending (mine). And I could not delete mine. So I rejected your trade offer, leaving just one option open for you to accept

Yes, I accepted yours. I think all is good now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:59 pm 
King of Men

You shored up your goaltending nicely.....and you have a decent lineup.....still half a season to go....so hang in there and make the charge!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:19 pm 
King of Men

Eh...I was hoping MangePunani would make it through waivers...guess not.

Revolving door of slim pickings on the waiver wire.......those poor guys are being passed around like a joint at a party.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:02 pm 
Big in Japan

harmfuljays wrote:
Eh...I was hoping MangePunani would make it through waivers...guess not.

Revolving door of slim pickings on the waiver wire.......those poor guys are being passed around like a joint at a party.

I got him. I always lose track of which wingers I need and end up with 9 LW and 1 RW.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:29 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Shit, got into two "barnburner" weeks in a row and lost both times. Can't complain really because my team came through, the other one was just...better.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:56 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
You shored up your goaltending nicely.....and you have a decent lineup.....still half a season to go....so hang in there and make the charge!

That's the plan, as mentioned before have lost a lot of close games. Hopefully this makes the difference

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:33 pm 

Scott 679 wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

That's the plan, as mentioned before have lost a lot of close games. Hopefully this makes the difference

Goalies are great, but require more management than any other players to get the most out of them. So it really depends on how active you are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next