OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:32 pm 

Can see league chat anymore? Can anyone else see it?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:52 pm 
King of Men

Nope......apparently its gone from the Website and only available in the app. My father was on about this the other day. Sorry folks I am way behind on my recaps...trying to get it in this week!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:11 pm 

That's too bad, I was going to trying and pep up Puckovsky on chat. Poor fella is 2nd in total points and yet has a 3-6 record. Just the worst luck possible, always losing by a little to some team that over achieves the week he faces them. And looks likely to lose to me this week as well. Not that I think that loss will be bad, I'm happy to take advantage of his bad luck. Just wish the rest of you didn't. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:07 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Fogghorn wrote:
That's too bad, I was going to trying and pep up Puckovsky on chat. Poor fella is 2nd in total points and yet has a 3-6 record. Just the worst luck possible, always losing by a little to some team that over achieves the week he faces them. And looks likely to lose to me this week as well. Not that I think that loss will be bad, I'm happy to take advantage of his bad luck. Just wish the rest of you didn't. ;)

Don't worry, he's playing me this week. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:16 am 
King of Men

Week 10....Down to the wire finishes during rivalry week-Holiday Edition

Ok boys, 5 weeks later I get around to putting together another one of these Holiday pre-Christmas. Where once it looked like the Faithful might run away with it the pack narrows again.

The league is very active and we have quite a few managers squeezing the most out of their teams every week. Some of the matchups are so close over the weeks micro-management is almost a requirement if you want to be near the top. However some managers are hitting start active players and still remaining in the pack. So it’s whatever works.

As usual we start with the blowout of the week. EA Sports Champion puts up 454 points with an 80 point spread over the game but still struggling Habless Habs. Somehow Kai is hitting the button and getting it done. Brock Nelson and old balls Tavares each had 58 points. Mark Stone also put up 50 and there were several more lofty contributors down the Champ's lineup. He continues to defy odds carrying IR guys in his active lineup. Meanwhile, Habless should be better than they are showing. Having the league goal leader in Old Besser racking up 48 points for the week...unfortunately he's got some passengers this season in Kaprisov and Tckahchuk. These are 75 plus point guys who are way off the pace. Debrusk has also been a complete no show. Scott just needs to stay the course and hope things improve. Some good waiver pickups should help going forward.

Our next match was not close either and featured the Glitz trying to get back on track with his freebie against Sam's astonishing team. Carolina Aho leads the way for the Glitz with 46 points and Nashville Forsberg with 45. Glitz's strong goalies had a soft week and somehow Sidney Crosby got him no points........hopefully the professor is not checking out! Sam, for being quite silent, actually has most of the meat of his lineup set as active. So I am not sure if he is setting or not. If he is, Thank you, if not.......well then opponents still have to be careful (as NO YOU RELAX found out last week) with the likes of Whorebag, Pasta, Ulmark and Vasilevsky setting the tone.

The rest of the week 10 matchups saw lead changes and swings on Sunday and were very close. I would love to see yahoo breakdown matchups by points per day as it would provide a nice look into the week. I am sure AI could write these recaps quite well.

Hudson squeaked out a 9 point victory over Stay In Your (LTIR) Laine. Hudson has a good team and he's active this year. Neither one of these teams was knocking it out of the park points wise with totals barely over 300. JT "douchebag" Miller was leading the way along with the king of Post-game drunk interviews...Kucherov. Our blogger is led by a fairly recent waiver pickup in Ehlers and his 54 points. Josh Norris picked up during the week also contributed. Stay in Your Laine was the lucky waiver winner of Huberdeau. Zbinejad produces while Draisaitl slept all week. Could be some trouble in net ongoing for the LTIR Laine supporters.

The Indifference Makers found themselves down on Sunday morning to Mr. Wonderful and his ever changing team name. The Makers had to go through a minor retool at the beginning of the week to cut dead weight and the new additions paid off. The Carolina Hurricanes finally decided to show and contribute. Mikko Rantannen also reawakened to lead the Makers with 68 points. Anything Mikko can do Matthews can do better and he puts up 72 points to lead the No Show followed by Marner with 68. It wasn't for the lack of Leafs trying this week. Unfortunately the matchup came down to late Sunday where the Makers had many players left and came out 19 points ahead. Morgan Geekie for the waiver pickup win! Keep it up Butch....love your Q Byfield roster carry!

No You Relax had a tit for tat against the Faithful in a battle of 1 and 2. Hounsy walks away with the 12 point victory in this heavyweight affair. Fresh off an awakening loss that gave the Astonishing team their first victory, the Relax came out guns blazing. The relaxers were not relying on McJesus this week and instead were led by a Toronto hero Nylander with 62 points with Kyrou and Kadri following. A key waiver pickup in Martin Jones provided the victory. The Faithful were led by Noah Dobson with 56 points....who is that guy? Blake Coleman refuses to believe Calgary sucks and puts up 44. Faithful gets on the Sherangovich train a bit too late to matter in this one while he employed 7 goalies during the week! Hey that's what League leaders do! He still holds on to the top spot even after being bested in the luck department finally.

In our matchup of the week. After a post acknowledging the bad luck of Puckovsky from the Tookus. The tide turns for once in the last game on the last goal via an empty netter from Nate McKinnon for a 6 point victory. WOW! Puckovsky was down 40 points on Sunday looking for a hail mary. Puckovsky was SUPER Avs heavy this week and it paid off with 68 Points from Nate the puck hog, and 56 from the Russian trafficker. Ironically, the winning pickup was probably Ross Colton that Sunday morning (7 points). The Tookus had a monster contribution from a back to form Demko (60 points) and Stamkos (50) but it wasn't enough to overcome Puckovsky's new found puck luck. Would have been interesting to see that trade between Habless and the Tookus (Besser for Sarros), I think in the end Scott would have come out the victor there.

Anyway....these take a long time to write...but I hope you all enjoy friends, family and love for Christmas. Thanks for playing. Peace and long life!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:37 pm 
King of Men

I had to break this recap into 2 on the board....5000 character max....yeesh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:48 pm 

I didn't realize I'd lost till I read your post. I was up 30 or 40 points and Puck only had a few more players left part way through the Colorado game Sunday. Figured I had it in the bag. His 4 Av's players picked up 60 points. Talk about Puck luck.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:55 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Most weeks I'm hitting the Start Active Players button, I don't really micromanage the roster unless someone in my lineup gets hurt. Most of the time that's enough, only a couple times I believe it's come back to bite me in the ass when a clearly superior goalie or player gets sat.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:25 am 
King of Men

My biggest bust of the year so far....Tage Thompson. Took him with my first pick #10. Yeah he was hurt but that team currently sucks. Especially when the ageless Sidney Crosby went #13. Luckily I was able to balance out the roster otherwise this was as bad as my Huberdeau selection last year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:31 am 
King of Men

Obviously Old Besser is the darling pick of the draft at 150 to the Habless. Makes up for middling performances so far out of Tckahchuk and Kiprisov.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:09 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Obviously Old Besser is the darling pick of the draft at 150 to the Habless. Makes up for middling performances so far out of Tckahchuk and Kiprisov.

Yeah I was going to take him as I felt he was under rated. But I didn't want to be Butch and load up with too many Nucks. Obviously this was the year to go heavy on the Canucks as they were probably all really under valued as compared to how they've performed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:02 pm 
King of Men

FYI Scott...this is the email I received.

The trade in Les douches de campagne was unsuccessful for the following reason:
This move would put team Habless Habs 1 player(s) over max roster size.
As a result it will not be processed.

I sent it to you again if you are interested. Looks like you may have to dump someone before it will process. I think that's kind of stupid that it waits until the last minute to tell you or not at all it seems.

So based on the last time we did this....I would assume you would need an open spot come 1/10 before it processes on 1/11.

I could also try to make it effective for today.....it looks like you already dropped someone so it should be easy.....I have never done that before but I could try as I think I have the tools to do it. Or we could just wait again. Up to you...you need the goalie!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:53 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
FYI Scott...this is the email I received.

The trade in Les douches de campagne was unsuccessful for the following reason:
This move would put team Habless Habs 1 player(s) over max roster size.
As a result it will not be processed.

I sent it to you again if you are interested. Looks like you may have to dump someone before it will process. I think that's kind of stupid that it waits until the last minute to tell you or not at all it seems.

So based on the last time we did this....I would assume you would need an open spot come 1/10 before it processes on 1/11.

I could also try to make it effective for today.....it looks like you already dropped someone so it should be easy.....I have never done that before but I could try as I think I have the tools to do it. Or we could just wait again. Up to you...you need the goalie!

Yeah, don't know why it said that, anyway I dropped a player and have accepted the trade. should be good in a few days

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:20 pm 

Harmy,

If you can make the trade happen today, go for it! I need a goalie!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:24 pm 
King of Men

Scott 679 wrote:
Harmy,

Yep sorry...I just tried and it says these players are involved in a transaction.....I think if we cancelled and just dropped it would cause a mess.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:24 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:
Harmy,

Yep sorry...I just tried and it says these players are involved in a transaction.....I think if we cancelled and just dropped it would cause a mess.

Sure, just wait the two days I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:06 am 
King of Men

Scott...a reminder...since you are trading someone on your IR you will need an empty space to take 2 active roster players. This should process tonight.

Maybe you don't need a goalie since you are beating me up already.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:45 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Scott...a reminder...since you are trading someone on your IR you will need an empty space to take 2 active roster players. This should process tonight.

Thanks Jay.

I think I have moved the players to the right spot and just dropped a goalie. Does it look right to you now?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:19 pm 
King of Men

Scott 679 wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

Thanks Jay.

I think I have moved the players to the right spot and just dropped a goalie. Does it look right to you now?

Can't tell...Yahoo has severely hampered the Commish tools and view this year as well as eliminating the chat and other functions. I am assuming that's because they want us to pay for premium. As long as you have something that says you have 1 empty roster spot you should be good.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:28 am 

harmfuljays wrote:

Damn you Jay! Beat me by 1.8 points! We were up and down all week, i've lost a lot of close ones this year with Tkachuk not producing and having crap goalies.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next