OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:18 am 
King of Men

Is now open. My old man and I thought it would be a good idea to put the winners on the base. Seems to quickly be turning into a USA Vs Canada thing so you Canadians better represent!

We'll gauge interest and I am very open to odd categories and or changing draft type. Anything to make it enjoyable for everyone.

It is still a keeper league. So if you all are interested you've got a few weeks to deliver your keepers from last years. I hope to see all returning managers and perhaps a few new ones.

As before the Winner of the league accepts all shipping costs to the new winner.

If you are interested send me a PM with your email.

Hope we have enough to play.

Attachment:
20140723111628.jpg
20140723111628.jpg [ 18.91 KiB | Viewed 15005 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:42 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Fuck it. I'm in. I want a chance at immortality.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:46 pm 

What a beautiful piece. That will be a nice fixture in my man-cave & really tie the room together.

Furthermore, Forestersace won't have to pay shipping!

:wookie:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:29 am 

We need another team folks

I'm going to have to autopick on 10/08 or join the draft late, as it's our anniversary & I don't know how I will explain to my domestic partner that I had a fantasy draft. :suprisedtoangry:

I know, it's on friggin' opening night too!

:wookie:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:46 pm 
King of Men

I can change this!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:00 am 
King of Men

Folks....there is only 5 of us signed up for this. Need at least one more to make it worth my effort. Maybe I will make the boy play again if necessary.

Pretty weak Canadian representation for an actual piece of hardware. 1 Team?

Here is the invite link:

https://yho.com/nhl?l=35219&k=90af4f7a5607fb05

Existing and returning managers please have a look at your team and give me your keepers. You can post here, PM or send them to me via email. This way when I update the settings I can immediately put them in.

You can also select them via yahoo however I would ask that you please post your keepers here or on the League page just for CYA. Thanks.

As before new managers will go to the front of the line and have an increased budget to draft with.

This league is specifically open to members of this board who can handle the physical responsibility of shipping a cup next season.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:57 am 

Okay I'm in,I set a pretty low standard so be ready to feel shame if you lose to me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:06 pm 
King of Men

hey you could live the dream! In the inaugural season Stinky was in last place all year.......got hot at just the right time and since I had everyone in the playoffs the first year he won! Of course I quickly realized that I can't include everyone in the playoffs or the incentive to participate all year just isn't there....but its still learning lessons like this. Even if we have 6 teams, I'll still let 4 in to battle it out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:19 pm 
King of Men

ok well whatever I am not going to sit here and beg folks to join. I already bought a physical traveling cup to make it more attractive!

We've got an even number. I'll ask my son if he's interested tonight. I talked with Butch and I changed the draft day and time to 1700 HRS MST on 10/7 and the Keeper settings to 10/5. Remember you are allowed 2 Keeper Players!!

I am fine with 6 managers so I have increased the Bench to 25 players. 20 players actually score with 3 on the bench 1 for IR and IR+. Please do yourself a favor and read this. I added 1 more slot to all positions. I also decreased the utility to 1 and added a forward spot. I may increase the roster to 30 if it stays at 6 that way we will have most the NHL starters on our rosters. If that doesn't jive let me know now.

Drafting will go in inverse order of finish last year with new managers at the top with an added $50 to their budget. Here's a little advice to the Fogg. Don't skimp and save your money.....if you want somebody pay for him. There will be plenty of folks to pick up on the cheap towards the end or on waivers.

We have some managers that don't look like they are returning so we'll have some former keepers back in the draft.

I don't mind some funky scoring so if anyone wants to see some minuses added for faceoffs lost or goalie losses you let me know. Maybe even add Games Started.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am 
King of Men

Looks like we are dropping a few past managers this year. I am going to lock this down at 6 on 10/4 and increase the roster size to 30. I will also move the draft back to 1630 MST.

Here is the link in case someone wants to try and sneak in.

https://yho.com/nhl?l=35219&k=90af4f7a5607fb05

Your 2 Keepers are due by Sunday. Please don't make me choose for you. Next year we will go to 3 Keepers so choose wisely. If you do make me choose for you (or just ignore me in general) I will automatically choose the 2 highest yahoo ranked players on your team. Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:40 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

I'll join if there is a spot, looks like would need an 8th.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:44 pm 
King of Men

leave that to me. Just jump in. I can make the boy fill in. Oh Mr last minute hammer you will have to decide before tomorrow evening though!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:49 am 

harmfuljays wrote:

Your 2 Keepers are due by Sunday.

Crosby & Benn

For some reason, even after finalizing teams, yahoo isn't displaying what teams select to the commish (I noticed this with the money league). Still tinkering with it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:50 am 

Up the Irons !!!!!!!

:Butch:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:56 am 

Okay so everyone starts with two keepers, except those of us without keepers. What do we get, an extra two draft picks? Is there a link somewhere that I can review the rules, I looked around the yahoo site but didn't stumble on it, I'm probably missing it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:45 pm 
King of Men

Quote:
Drafting will go in inverse order of finish last year with new managers at the top with an added $50 to their budget. Here's a little advice to the Fogg. Don't skimp and save your money.....if you want somebody pay for him. There will be plenty of folks to pick up on the cheap towards the end or on waivers.

yeah something is up with yahoo right now. Let me post the scoring here once I have finalized the teams.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:19 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Quote:

Is this a response to my question? If so I'm confused. I get an extra $50 to compensate for no keepers...........so any prior player who chooses not to keep a player gets $25 in compensation and not a draft pick correct?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:19 am 
King of Men

Yes sir...you will get the option of nominating first in the auction league....followed by Craig, Tommy, Butch, myself and then my old man (finalized). You will also have $50 extra dollars as a compensation for being a new manager with no keeper options. This draft will not snake so you will be up again after the old man.

To answer your question......if a returning team does not select the 2 keepers then they will remain at the base $300 balance. If they select only one then the one keepers average will be deducted from their budget before draft time. I can change this if you folks don't like it but the $50 addition is an incentive for new managers. It allows you to get a top tier player right out of the gate if you so choose.

Just a note on the auction draft. In the beginning rounds other managers might try to drive up the price but don't be afraid to overpay by a few bucks to get the guy you want (you have the extra cash). Also some folks may try to nominate someone they don't really want to position themselves better. Example Ovechkin...I don't want him but I know he will go high and cause a bidding war thus improving my shot at others. The thing you don't want is to be holding the bag at the end of the draft with extra cash. Keep in mind that this year is a little different because we are drafting a full 30. Its a balancing act for sure and although you may not get it at first I will be available for help. I am sure the other guys will as well.

Draft picks are not compatible with the Auction League sorry folks!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:46 am 
King of Men

Here is the example based on keepers right now (note base budget increased to $300 due to 30 man team):

Team Starting Budget Total Keepers Costs Remaining Budget
Denver Darkside $300 2 $87 $213
ForestersAce $300 2 $79 $221
Masterskaters $300 0 $0 $300
Eternal Ham Nation $300 0 $0 $300
Soft Butch $300 2 $89 $211
Puck Hogs $350 0 $0 $350

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:56 am 
King of Men

Hounsy and Av your keepers are due if you are keeping any.