OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:21 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

harmfuljays wrote:
Hounsy and Av your keepers are due if you are keeping any.

Yup, they're set.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:38 am 
King of Men

Thanks....we're ready to go.

Here's a link to the scoring:

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/h ... 9/settings

We are going to sneak this one in before the money league draft.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:08 am 
King of Men

The old man had a quick question and I thought it was relevant enough to put here:

Q: Question.................after draft, will one be able to right away pick from the waiver wire or will there be a two day wait?

A: That is an excellent question and something I changed this year. In the past everyone has been a Free Agent and its been a free for all (kind of sketchy)……not this year. Immediately after the draft waiver rules will be followed. The waiver rules are as follows: 2 Day waiting, FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak. So it is possible to bid 0 for someone (as we have done in the past) However another manger with a higher waiver priority and money could steal him. This probably makes the draft even more important this year.

In a normal waivers systems, waiver priority determines which manager's request is processed first.
• Continual rolling list: waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list
• Reverse order of standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list
• Weekly rolling list based on standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list
In a Free Agents Acquisition Budgets (FAAB) waivers system, each manager receives a dollar amount to place blind bids on waived players. The manager with the highest bid at the end of the waiver period claims that player and that bid amount is deducted from the team's acquisition budget. If multiple managers place an equal bid on a player, tiebreak options are available as described above.
• FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
• FAAB w/ Reverse order of standings tiebreak
• FAAB w/ Weekly rolling standings tiebreak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:12 am 
King of Men

Per the teams involved and the time I allotted, this draft could take 1 hour and 45 minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:39 am 

Good - this will afford a 15 minute break to pee & make a sandwich

:wookie:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:58 am 
King of Men

Congrats to the rookie Fogghorn the 2014-2015 OTP Auction League Champion!

This stings and I am certainly a little bitter. After destroying this league for the entire year the Darkside players decide to take the last week off thus turning my bid for supremacy into a damn crap shoot. Reports for players playing were dodgy at best. Thanks you f'n NHL jerkoffs! :argh: I'll get it over it though.

Some notes for next year. Do not include the last week of the season. I've always wondered why leagues don't usually include them. Well now I know! I got nobody else to blame but myself as I set it up that way.

Bigger Budget. Auction Budget will be larger but it still doesn't matter if owners blow their wads too early. The Roster is large and it still needs to be filled money or no money. In regards to the draft....you can either eat your candy bar like a fat kid in 2 bites or savor it. I can't help you with that.

Keeper total is going to increase next year as well. So....I believe you've still got time to get in there an finalize your roster for next year.

I'd like to introduce even more stats if that's ok as well. Its a points league and everything should count as long as its weighted correctly. Hopefully we can get some more board interest next year. We only had 6 teams this year and I'd like to see 8.

Thanks to Craig, Kyle, Tommy, Butch and my Old Man for playing! I appreciate the interest and support. If you stick with me we could turn this into an in person cup presentation someday. How cool would that be?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:15 pm 

I was in three leagues this year. Got 1st in one, 2nd in the other, and looks like I missed last place in this one by one measly point.

Thanks to all, even though my team in this league sucked donkey balls (Fuck you forever, Tuukka Rask).

Someday that damned Cup will be MINE!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:38 am 
King of Men

Fogg!!! You do know that this is waiting for you do you not? My old man says you have not contacted him with your address so he can ship it.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:02 am 
King of Men

I am now in possession of the cup.

Unfortunately to remain a traveling cup there will have to be a buy in for this league so managers will have a vested interest in following through with the expectations. I've put in a lot of personal effort to maintain this league and purchased the cup as an incentive to get people from OTP to participate. Shipping is normally $60 to and from the US and Canada. That would be equally split among participating managers. Someday I'd like to see everyone from OTP be involved and have an actual cup presentation ceremony. How f'n cool would that be?

Perhaps not everyone shares this vision or gives a shit so if there continues to be interest next year we'll discuss it then.

There will be additional keepers next year and a larger budget. Playoffs will no longer include the last week of the season.

I appreciate everyone playing this year and sticking through some of the bugs. With your continued support and guidance we'll get through it.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:32 pm 

I'm in. I want that fucking trophy.