OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:38 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Av-merican wrote:
Just read that Todd Bertuzzi is a top-20 player who is under 20% owned. That should tell you how universally despised the man is.

The Canadian media still love him. :roll:

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:29 am 

Folks -
EVERYONE is available on my team to the highest bidder. The trade deadline is fast approaching, so if you want to improve your team for the playoffs for a mere draft pick next season, it's first come first serve.

My team hasn't won a game since Thanksgiving (US) :chris18:

No shit, they are THAT bad.

:wookie:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:34 am 
No Longer Croozin'

HEY Butch?,What kind of bullshit are you and Hammer trying to pull in the $ league

Streit for Boychuk???
Stamkos for Hartnell???

This is blatant stacking,your team has no chance to make the playoffs so you stack up your buddies team,Is that how its going to be in this league. :steamingpileofcrap:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:47 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Tuzer wrote:
HEY Butch?,What kind of bullshit are you and Hammer trying to pull in the $ league

Streit for Boychuk???
Stamkos for Hartnell???

This is blatant stacking,your team has no chance to make the playoffs so you stack up your buddies team,Is that how its going to be in this league. :steamingpileofcrap:

Hey I made this same explanation in the league message board.

I was really surprised by this offer and thought Butch was fucking with me, but then saw that Hartnell is ranked ahead of Stamkos in our league because of PIMs, +/- and PPG. And White is ranked ahead of Burns because of +/-. So by our scoring categories this is a fair trade

[url]
http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/h ... senabled=1[/url]

You have to look at 'rank' which is actual value this year, not 'o-rank' which is projections coming into the season.

I assumed rank is a reliable quantitative metric. If not then by all means cancel/vote against the trade. I am good either way and definitely do not want to rock the boat.

But ya there was no conspiracy lol! :cthulhu:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:52 am 
King of the One-Liner

I see no reason those two would work together. The current one based on rankings not so bad, just Butch being Butch and earning his last place position. Now the first one with the D-man swap I would have rejected had I notice it at the time but again don't think anyone was in cohorts just a really bad trade.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:15 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Hounsy wrote:
I see no reason those two would work together. The current one based on rankings not so bad, just Butch being Butch and earning his last place position. Now the first one with the D-man swap I would have rejected had I notice it at the time but again don't think anyone was in cohorts just a really bad trade.

I saw the streit-for-boychuck as scrub for scrub. Streit isn't exactly lighting it up this year. But I am happy to reverse that too if people think it is unfair and it slipped by unnoticed. I don't want any hard feelings and as a former champion of this league I'd like to preserve the integrity of the OTPMP!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:18 pm 
King of the One-Liner

hammer wrote:
Hounsy wrote:

I saw the streit-for-boychuck as scrub for scrub. Streit isn't exactly lighting it up this year. But I am happy to reverse that too if people think it is unfair and it slipped by unnoticed. I don't want any hard feelings and as a former champion of this league I'd like to preserve the integrity of the OTPMP!

As I said I just see it as a bad trade but not shady. I had taken advantage of Butch in the earlier years of the pools and got grief for it as well so now I just avoid dealing with Butch. lol.

I look forward to his raging over this discussion....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:28 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Don't we all have the right to veto any trade that comes about?

I saw the Boychuk/Streit deal and thought for a second about vetoing it, but keep in mind Streit is putting up only modest offensive #s and has a God awful plus/minus, so I declined to do so. Didn't know about the Stamkos/Hartnell deal, but you can argue Hartnell is putting up better-than-usual numbers AND he racks up a lot of PIMs, making him a guy who can help you win in three different categories.

There's no reason for me to think this is collusion. Especially since I don't believe Hammer and Butch have ever actually met.

I will add though that we should be careful about "fire sales" in the $ league or any other fantasy league on here. I remember getting frustrated with my team a few years ago and announcing all of my players were up for grabs. My first trade was rejected and I got all pissy about it, but looking back I was in the wrong. I accepted the first trade proposal that came my way without even thinking about it. I don't think it's necessarily bad to announce you want to make trades, but saying your entire team is up for grabs makes for bad perception.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:38 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

I'm in a 14 team keeper league pool that is 12+ years old where the winner gets $1500. Every year around christmas the fire sales start as guys rebuild for the next year, and every year there are uproars and scandals. This league is mostly guys who have been friends since high school and friendships have actually been ruined over fights regarding trades! :psyduck: But half the time the guy everybody thought got fleeced makes out like a bandit. For example last year I was offering Erik Karlsson around like a plate of hors d'ourves trying to improve my team for a run at the title and nobody wanted him, I eventually threw him in for a deal to get Mike Richards. Everybody freaked out. Richards let me down big time and EK is a superstar now. I would literally kill to get that trade back.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:10 pm 
No Longer Croozin'

Look I admit I maybe got a little too bent out of shape but this is a nonplayoff team feeding a playoff team imo and it looks way uneven in my eyes,I vetoed both trades but not sure if anyone else did,What I see with these trades is one person benefitting as the other couldn't possibly gain anything,If this was a keeper league than I can guarantee you that neither of these trades would've even been considered imo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:35 pm 
No Longer Croozin'

BTW I still urge everyone to veto the Stamkos deal as it is not a done deal yet.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:24 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Tuzer wrote:
BTW I still urge everyone to veto the Stamkos deal as it is not a done deal yet.

Sorry gents, I have to side with Tuzer on this one. I voted against it, especially when I saw Brent Burns was being swapped for Ian White as well. Look, I get Burns isn't exactly Norris-caliber this year and White is enjoying being carried by Lidstrom this season, but that makes a questionable trade look worse than lopsided.

I urge both of you to cancel this transaction if our vetoes have not already.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:50 pm 
King of the One-Liner

As well if you look to the last thirty day ranking numbers it looks horrible.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:43 pm 
King of Men

I voted against it. It doesn't matter which way you slice it....Hartnell is not one of the top 5 guys in the league.

Butch is hitting the pipe.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:24 pm 

Honestly; you folks are the ones hitting the crack.

This would be a horseshit trade it it was a real-life scenario. But it's not - it's a fantasy game, which cannot track the intangibles.

1) Hartnell is RANKED HIGHER than Stamkos
2) White is RANKED HIGHER than Burns

Based on the collective data over the course of the season thus far, Militia would be the prospective winner (albeit marginally) on this deal.

You have to look past the "goals, assists & points" catagories.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:27 pm 

Assholes!

Fuck everyone! You're all just jealous as my team is competitive again & threat to win it all!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:02 pm 
King of Men

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:58 am 

Well I won last week! 10 pts out of 11th place now. Fuckers! You're all just jealous because I'm the best.

That's right! I'm the best!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oomCIXGzsR0

I'd bitch further to you all, but I have to get busy being unproductive today!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:25 am 
King of Men

Quite honestly I am surprised that you have not been more creative. Cash, gifts and Vermont Cheddar cheese can all be used to sweeten your trade offers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:47 am 
No Longer Croozin'

Why am I in third Butch?? the Pylons and I tied for second with the exact same record yet in head to head I beat him both times and overall I had 15 wins and 8 Losses compared to his 13Wins and 10 Losses so what gives and do we split 2nd and 3rd prize money????

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next