OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: 2009-10 OTP Money League
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:07 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Starting to get the itch to re-join this league... so I figured it was time to get fellow OTPers to at least consider joining in this year. After last year having to help advise my sister on her league I figured I should do this again so as not to get rusty for the future.

Now I just have to manage to stay interested past November.

And guys that still haven't paid Bumpy for the playoff pool, pay up!

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:20 pm 
Illegitimate Luongo Child

im in if its straight points, none of this rotisserie stuff, set # of trades with deadline set for NHL trading deadline.

we can do it draft style, or pick'em. I did the yahoo draft for another pool of mine, with people from vancouver, calgary and montreal worked great! just setup a 7pm PST meeting time and giver!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:25 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I'd like to jump back into the fray as well. But I'm down for head-to-head matchups, not doing a straight up points league. Seems you and I are on opposite sides of the fence Bumpy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:29 pm 
King of the One-Liner

I'm a vote for Head to head but will be in whatever the rules are. Was it a weekly move limit last year? What ever it was I remember thinking it worked out well.

Sure the Commish from Vermont will be around sooner or later.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:51 pm 

with head to head, i just don't have the time daily to manage the team, thats alot of work.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:55 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

MrBumpNgrind wrote:
with head to head, i just don't have the time daily to manage the team, thats alot of work.

Why daily? You spend one day at the beginning of the week setting your players up. Unless an injury befalls one of your players you shouldn't have to touch it again until the following Sunday.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:01 pm 
Not to be Confused with Evil Twin, Sock

I'm ready to join in as well. I'm sure I can do better than 7th this time. I'm indifferent as to the format. There was a limit on moves but it was just for the season, not a weekly limit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:02 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Our head to head on Yahoo didn't seem any more work than the straight points I was in on Yahoo.

Just as AV said, once a week for a few minutes is all it needs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:04 pm 
King of the One-Liner

shoe wrote:
I'm ready to join in as well. I'm sure I can do better than 7th this time. I'm indifferent as to the format. There was a limit on moves but it was just for the season, not a weekly limit.

Just checked on yahoo.

Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:42 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

I'm in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:16 pm 
Not to be Confused with Evil Twin, Sock

Hounsy wrote:
shoe wrote:

Just checked on yahoo.

Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: 2

Hmm, didn't realize that was in force. I guess I never hit the limit. I sit corrected. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:05 am 
No Longer Croozin'

I'm in,And c'mon Bumpy,Just set your team up weekly and its a piece of cake,I know you have 10-15 minutes max per week :cheers:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:10 am 
King of Men

I am in as well. If it is HTH No shennanigans this year when it comes to the opening overseas games please. I believe the Min Goalies start stat affected scoring right off the bat last year.

My Goon league failed miserably last year...I might try it again this year after learning quite a bit about the scoring last year. Obviously PIMs will be heavy weighted. But only if anyone is interested.

Also I know we usually do a points league around here too. I am interested in ALL OF THE ABOVE. But I'd like to keep the Money League strictly HTH. We tried points for a year or so on that CBS Sportline page. It wasn't as captivating as HTH.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:12 am 
I'm in!! :wookie:

Yes, we did a max. of 2 FA/Waiver aquisitions per week (MON - SAT)

We always seem to be scrambling to get an extra team or two the day of the draft, so spread the good word & email your buddies.

Facebook! Yes - Oh, what a genius I am ... maybe we can recruit some people that way too?

Big thing, I just want to make sure we keep our perfect record of having all teams pay. (This of course coming from somebody who had to deposit money in his paypal account just to distribute payments this past season! :suprisedtoangry: )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:12 am 
King of Men

Also I am not interested in outside people joining the money league. So if we are going to have a butt load of folks that are unvouched for in character than I am out. The other leagues are ok.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:15 am 

fine, i'll cave. im in

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:17 am 

harmfuljays wrote:
Also I am not interested in outside people joining the money league. So if we are going to have a butt load of folks that are unvouched for in character than I am out. The other leagues are ok.

yah its hard enough collecting money from people on otp whose character is vouched for, let alone people we don't know!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:25 am 
King of Men

MrBumpNgrind wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

yah its hard enough collecting money from people on otp whose character is vouched for, let alone people we don't know!

After looking around it looks like people still haven't paid you from the Playoffs. These folks need to be called out now before we engage in this money league.

Please do so in this forum! We will then engage our Consumer advocate to spread it all over the Board.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:30 am 

naw im just teasing, they know who they are.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:31 am 
King of the One-Liner

Hey Bumpy have you PM'd the deadbeats? The way that thread went I wonder if some had no idea they entered a money pool.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next