OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:57 pm 
King of the One-Liner

If goalies are only worth wins and shutouts then I might take a flier next year on Colton Orr and his PIMS rather than MA Fleury and his lousy one shutout. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:09 am 
King of Men

Well for me I think to plunk down money there has to be some element of flexibility and opportunity. There was nothing on the waiver wire this year...........nothing. Reducing the Roster spots would be a place to start and I too think the Goalie stats were weighted too heavily. But hey....with Steve Mason and Pascal LeClaire.....I am going to say that.

I fucked myself via the draft and there was no way to recover. Knowing you've donated from week 2 and have to endure a season without hope is tough. I couldn't even pull a Sutter in Panic.

Good luck to you all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:22 pm 
Loves The Cock

yes, the problem with goalies is that whoever has the hotshot de jour has a huge advantage... I agree that they are hugely overvalued... I couldnt even do anything because the goalie run started right after my pick, and with so many teams, it was impossible to recover... I took Ray Emery fifth round because there was nothing else left close to decent...

too many teams in general... with this many entries there should be two seperate pools, IMO...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:49 pm 
Illegitimate Luongo Child

razzmatazz wrote:
yes, the problem with goalies is that whoever has the hotshot de jour has a huge advantage... I agree that they are hugely overvalued... I couldnt even do anything because the goalie run started right after my pick, and with so many teams, it was impossible to recover... I took Ray Emery fifth round because there was nothing else left close to decent...

too many teams in general... with this many entries there should be two seperate pools, IMO...

i don't think it needs to be two seperate pools, why not just a roster of 5 + goalie and 5 bench? thats half what we have now

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:00 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

razzmatazz wrote:

I agree that too much is on the goalies and it doesn't seem like anybody enjoys it. Pool has to be fun or what's the point. IMO smaller teams = more waiver opportunities = people stay in it longer = more fun.

But not for nothin', looking at the draft results which are available on the site under the "draft central" tab, I got Miller after you took Emery, and Anderson was a waiver wire pickup. :fry:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:03 am 

dam! lost 6-5! 1 more save by my goalie and the scores would have been reversed! craziness!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:03 pm 
King of the One-Liner

MrBumpNgrind wrote:
dam! lost 6-5! 1 more save by my goalie and the scores would have been reversed! craziness!!

I really thought I was done for going into Sunday. But yeah to win save % by .001 is about as tight as it gets.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:52 pm 

i was thinking, i should sit both my goalies, just to pretty much guarantee the 2 goalie stats win there. but i never sat my players to keep stats high all season, why start now!

im now cheering for hounsy! kind of like always cheer for the team that beats you! heh!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:46 pm 
Drunken Lout

And the mighty Explosions got smoked by the groins- props to the better team!

For the record I really enjoyed this year's pool- maybe because I didn't really expect to do much and managed to atleast be a middling contender most of the year...

I kind of liked the massive teams and lack of waiver help, but I have to admit I might think differently if I had worse luck at the draft and had no goalies or somesuch. For what it's worth, I think having fewer roster spots might be a better solution than having fewer players or splitting it up into two pools- I'm just a fan of inclusiveness in general.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:10 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

GrGecko wrote:
And the mighty Explosions got smoked by the groins- props to the better team!

For the record I really enjoyed this year's pool- maybe because I didn't really expect to do much and managed to atleast be a middling contender most of the year...

I kind of liked the massive teams and lack of waiver help, but I have to admit I might think differently if I had worse luck at the draft and had no goalies or somesuch. For what it's worth, I think having fewer roster spots might be a better solution than having fewer players or splitting it up into two pools- I'm just a fan of inclusiveness in general.

Thanks...I must admit I was kinda surprised by the result--my team hasn't been firing on all cylinders all season. Either I'd get the goaltending and none of the offense, or vice versa. My D was pretty sucky all year but I kind of expected that.

Oh, and FUCK YOU Mike Richards.

I suppose with as many teams as we had this season I think 3 lines of forwards and 4 D would have been better, even though that would've left a lot more on the waiver wire. Obviously I'll change my vote if I end up winning. :awesomecylon:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:21 am 
Loves The Cock

Hounsy wrote:
MrBumpNgrind wrote:

I really thought I was done for going into Sunday. But yeah to win save % by .001 is about as tight as it gets.

NO IT ISNT, you asshole...

:chris18:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:41 am 
King of the One-Liner

razzmatazz wrote:
Hounsy wrote:
MrBumpNgrind wrote:

NO IT ISNT, you asshole...

:chris18:

:laugh: I guess that is true.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:42 am 

??

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:55 am 
No Longer Croozin'

MrBumpNgrind wrote:
??

I believe in last years playoffs Razz and Hounsy tied 6-6 and it went to a tiebreaker which Razz lost :laugh:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:03 am 

well did he lose by .001% save percentage?

if not, thats not closer! heh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:52 pm 
Loves The Cock

we were tied after the two week playoff... first tiebreak was goals or something stupid like that... so I would argue we were closer...

interesting how my OTP teams mirror the performances of the Bruins...

:fffffuck:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:15 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Every fucking year it comes down to rooting for my real-life NHL team at the expense of my fantasy squad. I remember the having both J-S Giguere and Dan Cloutier a few seasons back and both had to lose in order for the Avs to snag the division title at the eleventh hour. Sure enough, it happened, but the result cost me the championship that season. Now I gotta root for the Avs to more or less win out in order to keep their playoff hopes alive, and guess who one of Hammer's goalies is...? :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:22 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Time to stop Hammer time!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:11 pm 

we doing a playoff pool again?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:02 pm 
No Longer Croozin'

MrBumpNgrind wrote:
we doing a playoff pool again?

Count me in :cheers:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next